Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2012 9:44:40 AM EDT
My friend and I went to the surplus store for shits and grins and I found this Tactical Tailor kit for $95... Its about $300 worth of kit and everything except the E&E pouch and my old SAW pouch is brand new. I fucking win.
Now I just have to dye it all green.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You have got to be the single most helpful person I think I've found on this website so far. Thank you for the great advice. This will be my first attempt at dyeing stuff so hopefully it all goes well. I live in the "evergreen state" so pretty much everything is green year round haha! I went to the TT store immediately after I bought the kit and priced everything out and was VERY happy with the price I paid. I NEVER use regular detergent on my tac-gear or hunting gear because of the UV brightners. I just use scent killer brand laundry soap. Thank you again!
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah its a coyote color and I'm just gonna dye it. There's every shade of green around here so I'm not really worried about what shade it comes out, as long as its green haha! I might even dye it and then go over it with a sharpie to break up outlines. Like most of what I do, I prefer function over looks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You can check Rit's website too, they have color charts that tell you what dyes to mix to get various shades.  Obviously you're going to have to factor in the original color, but they have recipes for a lot of variations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top