Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2012 8:50:22 AM EDT
I need a secure holster for a iphone4s with a griffin case, I don't recall the model of the case (survivor maybe?) it's similar to a otterbox defender.  I had a maxpedition for my old phone that worked well. I just don't know what size to get for this phone & case combo.

The phone/case is 5 1/8" tall x 2 5/8" wide.

From the size specs on their site, it looks like the only option would be the CP-L but I am concerned it will be too big.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/CP-L-8p179.htm#details

Has anyone used one of these?  Other ideas?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe look into the maxpedition 3x5 utility pouch. I've been thinking about getting one to put a pair of mini binoculars in. Seems like a good pouch. It has a zipper, so it's gonna be better at keeping dirt and water off of your phone than a similar sized pouch that might just have a Velcro or side-release buckle closure.

Edit: I would've bought it already if Maxpedition made it in multicam. They are way behind the curve on that. Also, it may be just a bit tight, I think they also make a 4x6 pouch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an EVO LTE with an Otterbox Commuter, the CP-L is what I use.

When its cinched down to its smallest size it's not huge. Also you have the added bonus that you could use it for handheld radios or if you decide to upgrade to a Samsung Note or some even bigger future phone you will be ready.

I ordered mine off of Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-Phone-Radio-Holder-Black/dp/B001DZPBXM/?tag=facebook04ca-20
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you checked out Blade-Tech. I would think they would have something in order for this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Take  a look at Spec Ops brand for a holster of this type.  I have one for my Iphone 4S. w/ Magpul cover. Gives  a lot of protection, easy to get in/out, molle or pants belt compatible, inexpensive.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Wilderness

don't own one but ran across it and was intrugued
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies!

I like the blade-tek clip but it doesn't fit my case

The SpecOps PDA and smart phone cases aren't tall enough

The wildeness pouch is a contender but it's velcro, I think I want a clip. Only because I use my phone alot at work and velcro makes alot of noise.

I think I'll go with the CP-L, I was worried it would be too big and goofy looking. Do you have a picture with your phone in it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#7]
5.11. I think you'll dig it
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the Maxpedition 5" clip-on holster for my IPhone with a Magpul case. It will do an Otterbox Commuter, but I haven't tried a Defender in it yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#9]
OSOE
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Maxpedition is a good case. Use mine with iphone 4 and magpul, but fits otterbox. I hate the tag "made in Taiwan" or something, so I cut it off. Had an old smaller maxpedition phone case for the casio g'zone that lasted longer than the phone. I definately recommend it.

OSOE is good, but not a clip on. I have that requirement as well.

5.11 doesn't feel as good as the maxpedition. I prefer the khaki maxpedition to the coyote 5.11 too.

Edit: Sorry, I have a different case. This is mine but similar size.
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Clip-On-PDA-Phone-Holster-8p1171.htm
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Me too the clip for the Griffin case sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top