Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:20:25 PM EDT
I bought an NIB ACH a while back (got a decent deal at ~$170), but having worn it to train a bit and having installed a surefire helmet light (then switching the side) has caused some of the paint to chip. The area around the ears is especially bad do to the way the helmet light mounts as is the lip of the helmet. I'm thinking about repainting it or at least touching up those parts, is it worth it? While its probly not the biggest deal ever I cant imagine its a good thing for the kevlar to be exposed to moisture and what not.

The helmet came in foilage green, what kind of paint would be best and is there an off the shelf color that I could used to touch it up? Or should I go with a different color scheme? Obviously I'm gonna pick up a helmet cover as well to keep it from happening in the future. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:33:27 AM EDT
[#1]
DSG Arms Foliage Green paint

This should do it for you.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to Walmart and get a can of the flat camo krylon. That's the same stuff we use to repaint our gear before turn in

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top