Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2011 5:29:42 PM EDT
My ATS War Belt has been riding up on me while squatting when shooting or when bending over.  My first thought was that it was a inner belt problem.  I was using a Eagle riggers belt initially.  So I switched to a Blackhawk duty belt and still have the problem.  I tried both tightening and loosening the inner belt and have the same issue.

Am I doing it wrong?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Dick head answer -  lose weight
Polite answer  -  Is there anything forcing the belt up, maybe a mag pouch hitting your leg?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
How high are you wearing it?  Sounds not like you are overweight or fat as madcap so ineloquently suggested, but rather too skinny and wearing it a bit high.  

When I was using one I found the best place to wear it was just below my pants belt - think cowboy gunbelt style.

Would not ride up and would keep the trousers from sliding down over the course of a day if it was snug enough.  The only problem was kneeling was a bit trickier than normal.

Ultimately I just ditched the warbelt and mounted the pouches direct to my Specter Gear belt, less bulky and I didn't have too much on the belt to make it uncomfortable over the course of a day.

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My ATS War Belt has been riding up on me while squatting when shooting or when bending over.  My first thought was that it was a inner belt problem.  I was using a Eagle riggers belt initially.  So I switched to a Blackhawk duty belt and still have the problem.  I tried both tightening and loosening the inner belt and have the same issue.

Am I doing it wrong?

Do you have suspenders?  If not, and you're wearing the warbelt just tight around your waist, it's going to ride up.  This is why policemen wear belt keepers, or have a velcro belt they wear in their pants belt loops and their duty belt secures to that inner belt.  If you get suspenders, you can wear the belt looser and let the suspenders take the weight, and it probably won't ride up so much.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a similar issue with my warbelt riding up when I crouch, but it's because I have a short torso and am more "leggy".  I find the best solution for me is to tighten the belt about my hips, not waist, and let the hipbones keep it in place.  It does dig into my thighs a little, but it's not a big deal as the belt has plenty of "give".
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How high are you wearing it?  Sounds not like you are overweight or fat as madcap so ineloquently suggested, but rather too skinny and wearing it a bit high.  

When I was using one I found the best place to wear it was just below my pants belt - think cowboy gunbelt style.

Would not ride up and would keep the trousers from sliding down over the course of a day if it was snug enough.  The only problem was kneeling was a bit trickier than normal.

Ultimately I just ditched the warbelt and mounted the pouches direct to my Specter Gear belt, less bulky and I didn't have too much on the belt to make it uncomfortable over the course of a day.

I never had a problem with war belts riding up when I weighed 20 lbs less.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a reason that armies around the world have used suspenders to support belts for several hundred years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's a reason that armies around the world have used suspenders to support belts for several hundred years.

Because they're cheap and simple and even a stump can wear them right with minimal training?
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Another thing you can do is to "anchor" the belt through the use of a thigh strap on something like a holster or subload.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 5:01:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because they're cheap and simple and even a stump can wear them right with minimal training?

Something like that.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Am I doing it wrong?

I accidentally hit the report button in stead of the quote. sorry.

Any way, I use a belt keeper. With this it doesn't matter how tight the belt is, what kind of trouser belt I have and I can run with or with out sub loads.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats the issue with the "war belt" craze.  The back side of the belt is just fabric so it doesnt have anything to keep the belt put against your body. I think there are some makers that put some grippy type material on them to mitigate this but they will still move around when you start strenuous activity.

A padded warbelt was great when i was wearing a flightsuit but when wearing cammies (or just regular pants for that matter) a good stiff duty belt works the best.  You can use belt keepers to secure it to an inner belt and its not going anywhere.

Bottom line....it's your preference but i think most of you would be better served by a $20 duty belt than a $100 warbelt.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the same boat as you.

I personally run the warbelt because it's easy to throw on. Unlike running kydex off the the belt, it takes forever to loop my Ares Ranger through kydex loops.

Secure the warbelt on your hip, not your waist. In my experience, the suspenders did not work for me at all. Suspenders prevented the war belt from riding down, but did not prevent from riding up. Then again, I've been told by my tailor that I have a big ass .

Belt fasteners is a great alternative if you can find room on the molle. Put the fasteners at opposite ends of each other. I would suggest putting a fastener at the 9 and 3 o'clock but pouches and holster prevent that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Drop holster.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dick head answer -  lose weight

Polite answer  -  Is there anything forcing the belt up, maybe a mag pouch hitting your leg?

They ride down on fat people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Update: I wore the belt around without a belt on my pants and the ATS belt felt and worked perfectly.  It sat where it should on my hips, it didn't ride up and it stayed where it should.  I was wearing my daily carry leather CCW belt underneath it and I think the belt is just too thick to use underneath the war belt.

I'm going to try a riggers belt or something thinner underneath and see if that works.  Obviously, I still need to find something that'll hold up my pants while wearing the belt, but at least I found out what was causing the problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I run 4 belt keepers at work, but need to double them up to get around the BFG padded war belt.  Any leads on belt keepers with snap buttons in colors other than black?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I run 4 belt keepers at work, but need to double them up to get around the BFG padded war belt.  Any leads on belt keepers with snap buttons in colors other than black?

I was thinking about this the other day. I'm seriously considering calling up ATS and seeing what sort of custom work they do to accomodate this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top