Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 5:19:33 PM EDT
Is there any particular ruck that works well while wearing your first line / war belt? I'm used to having a backpack that carries its load on a hip belt, but that doesn't seem possible with a war belt.

Thanks,
H.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there any particular ruck that works well while wearing your first line / war belt? I'm used to having a backpack that carries its load on a hip belt, but that doesn't seem possible with a war belt.

Thanks,
H.

honestly i thought the ALICE frame did it pretty good because it sits a little higher...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had much luck with both, I always pull off my warbelt and clip it to the ruck.

In fact, thats my warbelt clipped to my eberlestock...

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
When a loaded ruck is carried properly it will sit where your belt also sits, for load distribution to the hips.  

Like posted above you can stow it on the pack and grab it when you drop the ruck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have the option, buy a ruck that comes with molle attachments just like your warbelt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My active duty time was in the USMC in the mid 90s, when we still had ALICE gear.  I always wore my LBE belt around my hips, rather than my waist, and had no problem with an ALICE pack at my waist (though we frequently took the belt off the pack altogether and let the pack ride on top of our butt pack).
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Never had much luck with both, I always pull off my warbelt and clip it to the ruck.

In fact, thats my warbelt clipped to my eberlestock...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/daemon734/IMG_0407.jpg

Not to hijack but where did you get the tan hardcase for a PVS-7?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top