Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:27:56 PM EDT
I thought you guys might get a kick out of my newest creation. "Necessity is the mother of invention" and I needed something like this badly! I blew my knee out and was having a hard enough time getting around on crutches, that I was doing without food and drink (just because of the total pain in the butt it was to either stand on one leg while eating or hobbling around with one leg and something in my hand). I was sticking my cell phone under my leg brace straps to carry it around etc. So, I dug out my bag-o-crap and got to work! Here is what I came up within the planning stage. 1) It had to be attached to the crutch securely a simple bag wasn't going to work, 2) Had to look manly and not frilly for public use 3) Had to be adaptable if this didn't actually work.  So, MOLLE it was!

I added a dump pouch I had laying around also that would allow me to carry a nalgene bottle, my cell phone, or anything else that would fit inside. Worked like a charm!

I've gotten a lot of comments about it, some good, some bad (they secretly like it I think, they know about MOLLE so they are "in the know") Even people you would never expect to know about it. My X-ray tech loved it and talked about it the entire time, she asked all kinds of questions regarding the material and such. I love it!

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]

nice, but......

I'd give you more points if it were multicam

or even A-TACS
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Fellow GWAer

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Earlier this year I broke my ankle very badly and had to have surgery to put it back together.  I spent about four weeks in a wheel chair and rigged a Claymore bag to it to carry my PPK and a supply of Oxycodone.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 I spent about four weeks in a wheel chair and rigged a Claymore bag to it to carry my PPK and a supply of Oxycodone.

now that sounds like the plot for the Hangover 3 right there
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I really enjoy the fact that nowhere in the thread you mention pants......

SOS

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm at home from working going on the third week. Would you wear pants!?!

As for the multicam, I had enough to do it in MC, but I only had tan 1" webbing and tan and black  velcro. I didn't think either would look very good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty cool. Get well!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I have always thought that if I ended up in a wheelchair for a extended period of time that it would be cool to have something that slid over the handles that people push you in. Maybe a small to medium size pack covered in MOLLE and some type of apron deal that connects to the armrest and lays down on the persons calves. Just a thought, great idea on the MOLLE crutches!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#10]
VERY inventive!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
That patch is classic...Howard Sterns cut on Bill O'Reilly...too funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top