Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2011 5:19:34 PM EDT
My Fiancee wants a three day pack. Currently she has my old assault pack in ACU. I just lucked up and located the new medium molle ruck (in multicam of course). She would like something such as what I got but these are commanding outrageous prices. I can get a tactical manurfactured pack for less. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Never owned one, but one or two of the Marines in my corporals' course had them and loved them.  I had a Mystery Ranch Big Sky and loved it to, until the 1st Sgt. decreed that Thou Shalt Not Wear Multicam, so it had to go away.  After this deployment, i will likely invest in another similar pack.  The Tri-Zip is in the running.  I would say buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the Archives, I have a big ass pic review of it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I like to read the name in Snoop Dogg's voice: "trizzip".
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently decided on picking up a new bag to replace my Lightfighter RAID pack for hiking. Liked the RAID but I've owned it for a while and it just became a bit much. My dad has a ~2200 cu/in old burton bag that works great for 2 day overnight hikes. We also overpack on our day trips and I'd never dream of doing even a dayhike with a lightweight jansport bag or camelbak MULE in the white mountains like some of the idiots around here. We carry for 2 days so I wanted a pack I could do a couple of days with. This "overpacking" has panned out as a positive on many occasions.

Looking around I started researching the Tri-Zip as I wanted something "tactical" (ie: dual civ and mil usage) that was similar in function and size to what my dad's been using for years. I can't speak for it yet as it hasn't hit my doorstep yet, but I could not find a negative review on it. I spent several days looking for every review I could find. Outdoors websites, military, survivalist, tactical, and gun forums, online user reviews. Not a negative. (Other than people who estimated the size wrong and needed a bigger bag).

I'm hoping to get mine Monday. I won't be able to use it in the great outdoors for a few weeks, but I'll be taking it with me on a weekend trip out of state, so I get to test it's "travability" and packing

What will you be using it for? It's not a ruck size. I have a Blackhawk SOF ruck and a MOLLE ruck for that. If you need a good 3 day pack, this seems to fit the bill.

I found mine on overstock.com for $189.11 shipped. Amazon was listing Coyote Tri-Zips for over $240+shipping
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#7]
This pack is awesome, I can't recommend it enough.  I've worn it in every single combat engagement we've been in.  After I got sent back to the rear to recover after being shot, my saw gunner started using it over the issued pack.  The frame adjusts for use with different torso lengths/body armor.  The waist strap is well padded, yet low profile enough to clip between a flak and a pistol belt.  My only complaint is with the side pockets.  Instead of expanding outward when full, they push into the pack taking up some of the internal space of the main area.  If camelbak changed the water bottle pocket to an external pouch with straps to clip stuff on the side (like a tripod, 240 barrel, or LAW), it would be perfect.  I bought mine from SKD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys! Info is appreciated..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
that was a pack that resulted from a collaboration between MR and CB a few years back.  

My understanding is that collaboration is no longer in effect.

Anyhow, I have always been a fan of MRs packs and its preceding company... Dana Design

the new Medium ruck is not worth the 175-275.00 currently being commanded on Eghey

for what you buy in there, you could invest into an MR and call it good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top