Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2011 6:49:36 AM EDT
Hey guys,
my normaly for pistol shooting used earmuffs are too big for the A2-stock of my AR15.

So I´m looking for some smaller ones that want fit.
Unfortunately price matters , absorption too.

What do you use or which you are thinking is the best one?

Need information.

Link Posted: 9/9/2011 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys,
my normaly for pistol shooting used earmuffs are too big for the A2-stock of my AR15.

So I´m looking for some smaller ones that want fit.
Unfortunately price matters , absorption too.

What do you use or which you are thinking is the best one?

Need information.

I use the surefire ear plugs, thats usually all i need, unless the guy next to me has a really loud brake
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I use surefire ear plugs (EP4) for motorcycle riding, they are comfortable.

For shooting I use MSA Sordins with gel ear seals, it was hard to spend the money at the time, but I don't regret it.

http://www.triadtactical.com/MSA-Sordin-Supreme-Pro-X.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, as I have learned in my job, earplugs just absorb the airborne noise, but they don´t cut the impact sound that is assigned by your skull.

Since I´m hearing impaired from a shooting accident by the army 25 years ago, I have about 20% on my left ear.
So I´m taking my ear protection very serious.

I would prefer small muffs with a good with a rater good absorption.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I use plugs and then earmuffs on top.I love music and my hearing too much to piss it away at the range.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
One thing to rmember about muffs is if you wear eye pro the ear piece will break the barrier that keeps noise out and allow it in with muffs
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
MSA Sordin Supreme III Pro+
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Ear Muffs? Pah.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ear Muffs? Pah.

Lol he just said he doesn't want plugs
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, yes and I know why.

The MSA Sordin Supreme seem kinda expensive, don´t they?
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Howard Leight Impact Sports. All you need.

Only about 50 bones for a set. Keep in mind they're not waterproof, so shooting in the rain can be sketchy.

If you can swing it, the Peltor com tac's or MSA sordins are pretty damn nice (and waterproof/resistant). Love my Peltors.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, yes and I know why.

The MSA Sordin Supreme seem kinda expensive, don´t they?

Buy once cry once! How much do you value your hearing?
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
MSA Sordin supreme pro.  dont dick around, buy them....do it now.  seriously, i dont regret spending the money in the least.  get the gel cups while you are at it, they are comfy  i use mine for about everything, weed eating, mowing, grinding, anything involving a hammer, plasma cutting, etc.  dont just think of them as shooting earmuffs and go cheap, they are far more useful than just that.

PS: tinnitus sucks, is permanent, and by the time you realize you have it, your already screwed.  thrust me on this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh, believe me, I do.
My cousin is having a tinnitus, some times he think he´s going crazy, not able to sleep at night.

I´m having the Peltor Optime III which is a very good earmuff and pretty cheap.
Just it don´t work with rifle stocks.

My ears are - like my eyes too - very important for me.
I always wear ear and eye protection.

Right now I´m saving my money for an Dillon 550, so I don´t want to spend so much money for earmuffs.
There must be some cheaper without electronic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
MSA Sordin supreme pro.  dont dick around, buy them....do it now.  seriously, i dont regret spending the money in the least.  get the gel cups while you are at it, they are comfy  i use mine for about everything, weed eating, mowing, grinding, anything involving a hammer, plasma cutting, etc.  dont just think of them as shooting earmuffs and go cheap, they are far more useful than just that.

PS: tinnitus sucks, is permanent, and by the time you realize you have it, your already screwed.  thrust me on this.

Ive got tinnitus in my right ear, its def perm, nothin like a ringing in you ear 24/7 i got it at work
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Bought this one at last.
http://www.gehoerschutz-versand.de/Marken/3M/3M-Peltor-Bulls-Eye::687.html

If I have my reloading press, I will gain for the sordin.

Thanx to all of you!
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Earpro experts: any words of wison on the Peltor tac6?
The price tag seems a little more palatable…
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Earpro experts: any words of wison on the Peltor tac6?
The price tag seems a little more palatable…

Can't go wrong with peltor.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I use the Peltor Sportac's with the Gel ear seals. They have been great so far.
Whatever muffs you get (if you get muffs) make sure you can get gel ear seals. They make things MUCH more comfy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top