[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cone256:

I thought Hoplite was on the bad list?
View Quote

I think it was wait time related.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:12:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#2]

Edit for details: USGI Woodland IFAK pouch, Wilde Custom Gear 3 mag shingle,  and OC Tactical Cat trap.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jonathon:
https://i.imgur.com/f2cYrEV.jpg
View Quote

Is that pouch from a medic bag? I kept one of those to hold meds on my aid bag, love that thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By northcoastwizard:

Is that pouch from a medic bag? I kept one of those to hold meds on my aid bag, love that thing.
View Quote

It’s a USGI IFAK pouch. I like it, it’s pretty simple and for being made by SDS it seems like a nice pouch.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Edit for details: USGI Woodland IFAK pouch, Wilde Custom Gear 3 mag shingle,  and OC Tactical Cat trap.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:
Well, here we go.

https://i.imgur.com/PJg1kFG.jpg

Work-in-progress JPC 1.0 setup.
View Quote

Nice. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I ordered it mid October! I have Hesco 4401 plates.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sp1shooter:

Nice. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I ordered it mid October! I have Hesco 4401 plates.
View Quote

I know the feeling! I ordered mine in August of last year, got it early this month.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:

I know the feeling! I ordered mine in August of last year, got it early this month.
View Quote

That’s crazy. I ordered a jpc 2.0 and I got it in a week. Evike is the shit
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PatriotNC:

I'd measure the width to confirm, but I don't see why not. I love ten speeds for this kind of irregular utility use. I used to do that with my phone, as well as smaller Baofeng-sized radios:

https://i.imgur.com/ud7ie10.png

This setup can be charitably described as a visit from the good idea fairy. Go out and use your gear, and you will be amazed at how stupid some of your brilliant plans can be.
View Quote

Patriot, that a Mayflower LPAAC? I'm interested in getting one. What size and size plates? Any suggestions or notes for me?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

I keep seeing that patch everywhere. What is it? I feel so out of the loop.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#11]
Originally Posted By Zirak:

View Quote

It's Black Beard's flag

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Huh. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:38:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zirak:

View Quote

Blackbeard’s flag.. only because no one makes a Ned Low patch. OP Tactical sells them for a good price.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Any of ya'll heard of AOTAC? Alpha Omega Tactical? Has an item I want in stock, but just making sure people have used them before.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Connex:
Any of ya'll heard of AOTAC? Alpha Omega Tactical? Has an item I want in stock, but just making sure people have used them before.
View Quote

Yep, good to go.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:55:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#16]
Picked up a triple mag pouch made by Warrior Assault Systems. Allows me to carry three mags and cuts down on wear and tear to the loop Velcro on the carrier itself.

15.2 lbs. incl. full mags.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Got my JPC today. I'm thinking a setup something like this. I have no idea what I'm doing. It is so much more comfortable than the cheap Blackhawk I have.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52425/0115212118_jpg-1781151.JPG
Got my JPC today. I'm thinking a setup something like this. I have no idea what I'm doing. It is so much more comfortable than the cheap Blackhawk I have.
View Quote

One thing I can recommend - especially if you're rocking 10x12 Hesco 4401s - get a set of padded shoulder pads.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

If you don't mind my asking, how come you have a knife mounted on your back?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Brian01:

View Quote

Nothing's actually mounted yet. I don't know where to put it. Might leave it off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Nothing's actually mounted yet. I don't know where to put it. Might leave it off.
View Quote

I’d leave it off and just throw a folder in you pocket
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

That's the intent of this setup? Is that an expandable baton? And yes, ditch the knife, keep it with your sustainment gear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#23]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#24]
When in doubt, ditch everything that isn’t ammo or medical.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
When in doubt, ditch everything that isn’t ammo or medical.
View Quote

Definitely agree, and I think people overestimate how much ammo they need, at least on their person.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#26]
The baton looking thing is a flashlight, so is the red thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If you need a pig-sticker I'd put it on a pack.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#28]
The baton looking thing is a flashlight, so is the red thing.
View Quote

I'm going to diverge from the others and say that I think having some sort of knife on your PC is generally a good idea as long as it isn't taking up lots of space. It's not unheard of for a person to jump on someone else or grab their gun, resulting in the need to force them off you until you have enough space to use your gun again.

Just make sure you have it placed somewhere you can actually reach it, and it isn't interfering with your ability to shoulder your rifle or access your other gear.

And while the three basics for any plate carrier are stop holes, make holes, plug holes (plates, ammo, first aid), a handheld flashlight is still good to have. One thing you could do is keep a small flashlight with a pocket clip on a molle loop, and just plan to take it off and put it in your pocket when you go to grab the carrier.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#29]

I'm going to diverge from the others and say that I think having some sort of knife on your PC is generally a good idea as long as it isn't taking up lots of space. It's not unheard of for a person to jump on someone else or grab their gun, resulting in the need to force them off you until you have enough space to use your gun again.

Just make sure you have it placed somewhere you can actually reach it, and it isn't interfering with your ability to shoulder your rifle or access your other gear.

View Quote
A small, unobtrusive blade like a socp dagger is good to have on the carrier but I wouldn't put a full size survival or work blade on it. That can live on the belt, in a pack, etc. Just adds weight and takes up space that isn't needed in a "get off me" situation where you could be fighting from a clench and need to create some space to escape/de-escalate or work to a better weapon. My 2c.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I can definitely see situations where a knife could be necessary on your PC, I just can’t see myself being in one. An Emerson or Microtech is in my right pocket, and a flashlight in my left, pretty much always.

My PC has a three mag shingle and a TQ on it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't recommend a knife on your PC, unless you can slip something small like an Esee Izula or SOCP Dagger in. Even then, I've found that it's much better to put it on your belt, if that's an option.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah I had a knife on my carrier at one point, I took it off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got some hesco u210s (L).

Would like a Ferro slickster, I think.

Really just need something bomb proof, low profile, multi cam, and in stock.

I’ve been off of active duty for several minutes... sigh.

Recommendations? Help!

Crye Airlite, Ferro slickster, .... and then I dunno.

Maybe something from LBT (have used their gear in a past life)?

I should have done this a while ago.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:35:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#34]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Recommendations? Help!

View Quote

The Slickster is nice.

I'll throw this into the mix.

The Javlin Concepts JAC is about as low pro as it gets. Very similar to the JPC and Slickster.

Something to look at. They are not well known. The owner/designer is a former Ranger.

It's a no frills get'r done modular PC. With it's cummerbund the PC hugs you and doesn't move at all.
I think it's very comfortable with or without any padding/cushions.

Lead time is 11-13 days but I got my last on in five days. YMMV

https://www.javlinconcepts.com/shop-all

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I can definitely see situations where a knife could be necessary on your PC, I just can't see myself being in one. An Emerson or Microtech is in my right pocket, and a flashlight in my left, pretty much always.

View Quote
Unless you're only ever in wide open spaces then a knife on your PC is good to have as long as it isn't obtrusive. It allows you to keep your hands up in your work space in a defensive/offensive posture. Having to reach down to your pocket/belt line during a tussle creates an opening for your opponent. Just my 2 cents and of course figure out what works best for you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Rifle_length:
Unless you're only ever in wide open spaces then a knife on your PC is good to have as long as it isn't obtrusive. It allows you to keep your hands up in your work space in a defensive/offensive posture. Having to reach down to your pocket/belt line during a tussle creates an opening for your opponent. Just my 2 cents and of course figure out what works best for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rifle_length:
I can definitely see situations where a knife could be necessary on your PC, I just can't see myself being in one. An Emerson or Microtech is in my right pocket, and a flashlight in my left, pretty much always.

Never assume anything will work the way you think it will work in a fight, especially a fight to the death.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

Never assume anything will work the way you think it will work in a fight, especially a fight to the death.
View Quote

Hence why the Benchmade SOCP dagger is such a good "get the fuck off me" knife, because the sheath was designed to fit through molle loops. You can mount it in the center front of your plate carrier where it can be reached with either hand.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Recommendations? Help!

View Quote

Look at the MOS Tactical SPAV-W. It was designed basically to be like a cross between a JPC and a LBT-6094. The lead times are long, but they seem good.

They're also expensive, but if your budget can justify the price of U210's then it can probably also justify a SPAV-W.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

The Slickster is nice.

I'll throw this into the mix.

The Javlin Concepts JAC is about as low pro as it gets. Very similar to the JPC and Slickster.

Something to look at. They are not well known. The owner/designer is a former Ranger.

It's a no frills get'r done modular PC. With it's cummerbund the PC hugs you and doesn't move at all.
I think it's very comfortable with or without any padding/cushions.

Lead time is 11-13 days but I got my last on in five days. YMMV

https://www.javlinconcepts.com/shop-all

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7effce11f7842d3c3be846/1609132358613-Q63VREVYGO0YI1OGC5SN/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kDI7vo0NtfbUER7-VM6ct3Z7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1UQKFv5ik2kcpBeOGgQYeEJ1v3nJCikl4dowh-NNvqWBA2lzU2CMcTThHXQNSS0o_ag/REPLACE1.jpg?format=1000w
View Quote

Holy shit that stuff is nice but way over priced.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#40]
Anyone looking for a nice PVS-14 padded case...

I just picked up a Raine Tactical Padded case in Multicam. Perfect size for a PVS-14 with an attached J-arm. Also, has two elastic loops under the lid for battery storage.  Made in USA. 100% lifetime guarantee.

Ordered yesterday and it was at my door about 2 hours ago. Good buy at $45.

https://raine-tactical-gear.myshopify.com/collections/bridger-system

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Minor update:

Added a Mil-Spec Monkey Small Patch Panel. This was the smallest and thinnest pouch I could source and doesn't obstruct the magazines in the kangaroo pouch. This pouch will be dedicated to a boo boo role (Chapstick, Band-Aids, Advil, lens cloth, etc.).

Due to recent events, my focus is slightly shifting from light/fast to short term sustainment. This means things like storage for a power bank for my smartphone, a hydration bladder pouch that can hold more than just the bladder, on-PC storage for my PVS-14, etc.

I've got a few things en-route to address these issues and I'll provide another update once I get everything set up.

MSM Small Patch Panel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:16:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#42]
Originally Posted By cone256:
Yeah I had a knife on my carrier at one point, I took it off.
View Quote
This is actually the last thing I just put on mine. It has a belt mounting option though and I'll keep that hardware with it to use. I don't have a warbelt yet, but I wanted to keep it on the carrier for now so it's accessible. It doesn't get in the way much, but it's a compromise.

My tube quick release is a knock off and may replace it with the real deal for peace of mind, but I think my setup plate is finished for now. Despite single curve plates, it's comfortable. However, I hate how thick the shoulder straps are and how the quick release buckle is right where I want to shoulder my rifle. It makes it more awkward than it needs to be. That's really my only complaint about the carrier. I don't know if I will learn to deal with it or if that will bother me enough to replace the whole thing later. I think they could have designed that aspect of it better to be honest.

As it stands now, it consists of the following:

Shellback Banshee Elite 2.0
LA Police Gear Level III plates (yes, I know they are Chinesium but it's all that was available at the time and I'll replace them later)
Tactical Tailor 3 mag holder (may add those kydex retention clips)
Elite Spanker dump pouch
Gerber Strongarm knife
North American Rescue ROO M-FAK (plus an extra Recon Medical tourniquet)
Baofeng 8w radio & headset (should probably get a better headset)
Knockoff tube mod (can still go back to velcro)
Cool morale patches
Clips on the back to add my Camelbak hydration pouch if needed

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Does your knife lock in to it's sheath? Can you mount your knife upside-down for a faster and easier "rip out"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I had a Banshee and had the same issues with the shoulder straps. I learned to deal with it for shooting, but when I started putting a ruck on I had to make a change.

Went with the Esstac ASS.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Alien:
This is actually the last thing I just put on mine. It has a belt mounting option though and I'll keep that hardware with it to use. I don't have a warbelt yet, but I wanted to keep it on the carrier for now so it's accessible. It doesn't get in the way much, but it's a compromise.

My tube quick release is a knock off and may replace it with the real deal for peace of mind, but I think my setup plate is finished for now. Despite single curve plates, it's comfortable. However, I hate how thick the shoulder straps are and how the quick release buckle is right where I want to shoulder my rifle. It makes it more awkward than it needs to be. That's really my only complaint about the carrier. I don't know if I will learn to deal with it or if that will bother me enough to replace the whole thing later. I think they could have designed that aspect of it better to be honest.

As it stands now, it consists of the following:

Shellback Banshee Elite 2.0
LA Police Gear Level III plates (yes, I know they are Chinesium but it's all that was available at the time and I'll replace them later)
Tactical Tailor 3 mag holder (may add those kydex retention clips)
Elite Spanker dump pouch
Gerber Strongarm knife
North American Rescue ROO M-FAK (plus an extra Recon Medical tourniquet)
Baofeng 8w radio & headset (should probably get a better headset)
Knockoff tube mod (can still go back to velcro)
Cool morale patches
Clips on the back to add my Camelbak hydration pouch if needed

https://i.imgur.com/AAG9quS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WEjRaJV.jpg

View Quote

Love the Galaxy's Edge KTF patch!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Well hoping y’all could lend a hand. Need to snag a PC but I’m kinda overwhelmed by all the options out there. Didn’t wanna clog crap up and make a new thread either.

Got some Hesco L210s on the way right now from Kota.

Budget:
I’d like to stay under 350-370 for the pc and main mag pouches on the front. Figured spend around as much for a basic setup as the plates to be at least somewhat comfy while training in it compared to a condor or other cheap stuff.

Build:
6’
Kinda works out but can still drink a 12pk with the bois.
Haven’t taken any real measurements yet...

Looking at:
JPC 2.0
Shellback banshee
Esstac Daeodon
Trex Pc
And anything else y’all recommend.

Not wanting anything super low pro, but also trying to stay mindful of weight. Kinda like the cummerbund pockets on the trex and shellback for small stuff to be kept out of the way, but I’m open to ideas.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:10:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NavyWizard] [#47]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360589/new_one_4_jpg-1773749.JPG

Is that your med kit on the front of your vest?  Not sure you want it there if people are putting bullets in that area, I keep a blow out kit (Quick Clot or other) in my off hand thigh pocket... has above Mil grade Zfold, Israeli Bandage, Paramedic Scissors, and a SWAT rubber band like TQ, smaller then the CAT.

Again on my off hand on my belt I keep a bit larger kit, with another Israeli Bandage and a small Mil Grade Clotting agent, and a HALO kit.

If I carry a CAT it is rubbered to my Strong side shoulder high and to the back a bit.

Hey but to each there own
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Scarpa:
Well hoping y’all could lend a hand. Need to snag a PC but I’m kinda overwhelmed by all the options out there. Didn’t wanna clog crap up and make a new thread either.

Got some Hesco L210s on the way right now from Kota.

Budget:
I’d like to stay under 350-370 for the pc and main mag pouches on the front. Figured spend around as much for a basic setup as the plates to be at least somewhat comfy while training in it compared to a condor or other cheap stuff.

Build:
6’
Kinda works out but can still drink a 12pk with the bois.
Haven’t taken any real measurements yet...

Looking at:
JPC 2.0
Shellback banshee
Esstac Daeodon
Trex Pc
And anything else y’all recommend.

Not wanting anything super low pro, but also trying to stay mindful of weight. Kinda like the cummerbund pockets on the trex and shellback for small stuff to be kept out of the way, but I’m open to ideas.

View Quote

A lot of stuff is almost unobtainium

Crye anything
Spiritus (personal fav)
Esstac
Lbt/lbx
Velocity
Ferro

All those brands are g2g.

BEFORE buying pouches lay out the gear you want to carry on it and then decide what you need to buy. People tend to buy too much storage then figure out what ELSE to put in, thus carrying too much.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I don’t mind waiting for stuff to come back in stock. I could make a duct tape carrier for SHTF if needed haha. Just wanted to get something decent without totally breaking the bank.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#50]
@NavyWizard @PFran42

Well, with the wonderful gift from PFran42, things are really coming together. I stuck the CAT off to the side, to keep the front slicked down. I realized that a ton of gear right where you would prefer to get shot could be counter productive, especially to the useful lifespan of said gear. With the split front cummerbund design, I leave the left side at the perfect length and just slap the right under the velcro to make it ever so slightly faster. I am sure there are lots of tips and tricks you guys discovered/were taught that I missed, being a sailor so long ago.So, this is for now, still have pouches to play with and haven't really figured out how to dye the carrier if I want to, or just leave it the grey/green tiger stripe. The CAT might get in the way of the sling...thoughts? I would love an actual med pouch instead of my ersatz one - suggestions? That zipper isn't the easiest to deal with left hand only.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top