Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 160
Posted: 4/25/2011 4:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42]
Unless I've come down with a case of the 'tard, I can't for the life of me find a 'Post pics of your plate carrier setup' thread...? I searched with all my team powers but couldn't find one?

If there is none, I will post mine up and start one- or does anyone know where it went? I coulda sworn I've seen one?

ETA: Not talking about chest rigs, or 'gear' in general. I'm talking about strictly plate carriers.

ETA2: One other person can't find one either; so that must mean this is none! THIS IS NOW A PLATE CARRIER THREAD!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Please BE SURE to post specs if you join in! Including Plates inside!

With chest rig attached:

Chest rig detached:

Velocity Systems LWPC in MC with two triple-curve plates by RMR tactical inside.

Chest rig is clipped on using the Velocity Systems 'Swift Clip' Attachment system. Chest rig is a TT mini-mav with a triple mag shingle, and two modded Eagle FB pistol mag pouches on each side (modded to fit double stack glock mags). Pouch in front is a MSM Admin pouch.

I LOVE this PC because I can not only have a chest rig attached, but also use it under clothing as a low-pro carrier.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yumago:

Yeah still looking into that, want to get the base down first.

Still trying to figure it all out before I drop the money and then want to change something
View Quote

I wouldnt worry too much about that You'll likely change stuff out for awhile. Don't get in the mindset of needing 'x' number of bullets up front. Also, understand your escape plans.

Example-if using a vehicle to get away from assholes and you plan on wearing your carrier while you drive understand you'll probably reach for your pistol before your rifle should you have to fight somebody off. Drawing a pistol mag from a belt under your carrier is a bitch so having a mag on your chest somewhere may be smart. Build into your whole plan, not just for getting fast range splits.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#2]

Still trying to figure it all out before I drop the money and then want to change something
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

You're setup fine for larping.

I'm a fan of having ways to retain water and small amounts food on my carrier for civil unrest

That's what an assault pack is for.  If I'm purposefully inserting myself into a situation like that then I'm bringing a bag/backpack with extra ammo, batteries, water, a little food, binos, etc
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

My Crye CPC the most comfortable carrier I’ve worn in my career, I keep it fairly slick now taco’s, Crye general purpose pouch, Ferro x FOG roll1 in the back spare tourniquet rubber banded on left side and a multitool in a eagle pistol mag pouch.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glocktalk] [#4]
finally got all the pieces (for now anyways)
K19 agilite
spiritus MK5 with elastic mag insert
spiritus dangler pouch

on the left side cummerbund i have trauma shears, HSGI taco/ ar mag, and the tube holds 3 CR123 batteries
this is my 4th carrier i was issued the IOTV and IBA and personally own an SKD PIG. The K19 is amazing extremely comfortable.
the dangler holds my IFAk supplies and i have since mounted the TQ to the bottom of it so i can access it with either hand easier.
plates are BAE eclipse LVL 4 large, very happy with this setup and 1000% improvement over the SKD setup I was using.
the top zippered pouch on the K19 holds a few small band aids marker, lighter ect.
the front pocket on the dangler i have 4 AA in a carrier and 4 CR123 in a carrier (SF, Peq, and NV are thirsty bitches)
entire setup weighs 23 lbs but does not feel like it due to the awesome k19 padding.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By glocktalk:
finally got all the pieces (for now anyways)
K19 agilite
spiritus MK5 with elastic mag insert
spiritus dangler pouch

on the left side cummerbund i have trauma shears, HSGI taco/ ar mag, and the tube holds 3 CR123 batteries
this is my 4th carrier i was issued the IOTV and IBA and personally own an SKD PIG. The K19 is amazing extremely comfortable.
the dangler holds my IFAk supplies and i have since mounted the TQ to the bottom of it so i can access it with either hand easier.
plates are BAE eclipse LVL 4 large, very happy with this setup and 1000% improvement over the SKD setup I was using.
the top zippered pouch on the K19 holds a few small band aids marker, lighter ect.
the front pocket on the dangler i have 4 AA in a carrier and 4 CR123 in a carrier (SF, Peq, and NV are thirsty bitches)
entire setup weighs 23 lbs but does not feel like it due to the awesome k19 padding.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127639/IMG_2314_jpg-2392119.JPG
View Quote

Good looking set up and the K19 is among the best PCs out there, IMO.

Also IMO, you're going to find that 23lbs weighs a lot more after an hour of walking, getting in and out of a vehicle, climbing steps, and standing around (to say nothing of actually fighting).
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

Also IMO, you're going to find that 23lbs weighs a lot more after an hour of walking, getting in and out of a vehicle, climbing steps, and standing around (to say nothing of actually fighting).
View Quote

Yes absolutely I have incorporated wearing my PC while walking jogging on my treadmill and doing various other body weight workouts on my journey to fitness
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

You're setup fine for larping.

I'm a fan of having ways to retain water and small amounts food on my carrier for civil unrest

Get the Daeodon water pouch bro and a Source bladder
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, I'm pretty spent with my 12lbs carrier after 8 miles. It's been a long time since I've run with heavier gear. I guess I'm getting old.

I've got a picture on my moto wall of me in boots and utes on a 10mile road race with a 30lbs ruck.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Yes absolutely I have incorporated wearing my PC while walking jogging on my treadmill and doing various other body weight workouts on my journey to fitness
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

More power to ya, bud.

I'm 52 and in reasonably decent shape for my age and I've been constantly whittling my gear down to the point that I'm at 15lbs (K19 with Hesco 3810s and a double mag pouch), and it still lets me know it's there after an hour or two of doing things.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

Other than Esstac for the sake of Esstac, what's does their water pouch do better than the the normal source one?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#11]
its a very versatile design that works with some less overt carriers like my velocity LEPC

ETA it has hook velcro at the top for PCs that dont have full molle. like my LEPC. molle at the bottom and velcro at the top to keep it from flopping. also can use full molle if you have it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]
8 mile run pushing him in a stroller. He's been getting out towards the end to run a little. My fastest split today was 10minutes and my average was still under 11 minutes.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:

Other than Esstac for the sake of Esstac, what's does their water pouch do better than the the normal source one?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:

To begin don't deny your first point.

Second it really does attach perfect to their carrier.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16] [#14]
been partially following this along a while, but not sure if it's worth a new thread or not. I want new plates. I work at a school and we had an almost active shooter and it got me thinking that maybe it is worth spending more than a couple hundred bucks on plates. I'm curious for the options in level III or better (probably), multicurve, light plates. I have a slickster that I like and would use, but something that can live in the truck or my work backpack that's nicer than the RMA stuff I have now.

I would want protection against most 5.56, but less worried about the exotic stuff.

thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
been partially following this along a while, but not sure if it's worth a new thread or not. I want new plates. I work at a school and we had an almost active shooter and it got me thinking that maybe it is worth spending more than a couple hundred bucks on plates. I'm curious for the options in level III or better (probably), multicurve, light plates. I have a slickster that I like and would use, but something that can live in the truck or my work backpack that's nicer than the RMA stuff I have now.

I would want protection against most 5.56, but less worried about the exotic stuff.

thoughts?
View Quote

If you want 308 protection, 3810s

If you don't need 308 and value half inch thinner than go U210
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]

If you want 308 protection, 3810s

If you don't need 308 and value half inch thinner than go U210
View Quote

thanks, I like concealable, I could stuff that into a normal bookbag. Is there a version that's $1k for the set? $2k would take a while to save up
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I have been pouring over PC's as its time to upgrade from the USMC IMTV and I have been trying to decide and I think I have landed on the Shellback Rampage 2.0

Anyone running one? I noticed they don't have sizes like a lot of other PC's is that going to be an issue
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CtSmshr] [#18]
Velocity Systems SCARAB, and zip on pack, HSP micro rig, Ferro dangler, BFG helium double pistol and single rifle. SKD plates. Pretty happy with this setup.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#20]

thoughts?
View Quote

Slickster in Medium. 10x12 Battle Steel 3+ SRT plates at 139 a pop.

Attachment Attached File

It also has a Zero9 radio holster under the left cummerbund, a rothco pistol mag holder, condor radio pouch, a Taco TQ pouch, a wing for an additional TQ. The mini dangler is for med. I have a WTF idea molle back panel and the shoulder straps.

If I am going to use the rifle, I pull the placard off and change it. I have 4 rifle mags in my backpack, along with helmet, muffs, canteen, dump pouch, and other stuff. I'll try to get a pic while I am at work and kitted out.

Be warned, I am not much to look at.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally getting around to adding QR releases to my LBT6094. Debating between adding the Blaze Defense system to my LBT cumberbund, or replacing it all together with something like the QR cumberbund from HRT. For those that have gone either route, what would you recommend?

https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/hrt-quick-release-cummerbund/
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453455/IMG_20220528_182116_jpg-2400114.JPG

It also has a Zero9 radio holster under the left cummerbund, a rothco pistol mag holder, condor radio pouch, a Taco TQ pouch, a wing for an additional TQ. The mini dangler is for med. I have a WTF idea molle back panel and the shoulder straps.

If I am going to use the rifle, I pull the placard off and change it. I have 4 rifle mags in my backpack, along with helmet, muffs, canteen, dump pouch, and other stuff. I'll try to get a pic while I am at work and kitted out.

View All Quotes

thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453455/IMG_20220528_182116_jpg-2400114.JPG

Attachment Attached File

Working gear. Felt temps out here today are 95 degrees with a light breeze. It's actually not that bad, but the real summer temps are still about a month away.

There's a quick release cummerbund in my future. In and out of this thing and you will definitely see the need for one. But the biggest thing is that your plates are set high enough so they can clamshell on your chest and back. That alone makes the weight of the carrier disappear.

We were all noobs once. Learn and apply what you can and pay it forward.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
8 mile run pushing him in a stroller. He's been getting out towards the end to run a little. My fastest split today was 10minutes and my average was still under 11 minutes.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20220524_104928_2_jpg-2395533.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#24]
My humble entry. I have several PCs, one for each family member. This is for range/LARP/home use. In theory could be used for .mil, but that's not really my job.

JPC 1.0, unk placard.  T3 dual mag pouch and USMC Surplus pistol pag on my left.  Haven't decided on IFAK set up yet, probably something minimal once I find a pouch I like.  I have a FILBE assualt pack, as well as an BTAP- thinking of getting some quick attach buckles (like a few pages back) for the BTAP.

I have a battle belt as well that has more pistol and rifle mags, that's my "run n gun" set up.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#25]
For those interested, Agilite recently released their Version 3 of the K19.  It can now be configured to either have the Quick Release buckles on the shoulder areas, or not.

I'm pretty sure that makes this already capable and comfortable PC now one of the most flexible on the market.

Agilite K19 v3 - Removable Shoulder QDs, Oh my!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
For those interested, Agilite recently released their Version 3 of the K19.  It can now be configured to either have the Quick Release buckles on the shoulder areas, or not.

I'm pretty sure that makes this already capable and comfortable PC now one of the most flexible on the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f-CP0QYQ00
View Quote

Looks like a really nice carrier system. I watched a few videos on it. My issue here is heat. Carriers are great in cooler weather. I can tell you first hand that they suck when it's hot and humid. The slickster does ok in the heat, but the cummerbund has to go. I have a skeletal molle on order. Issue is that it's made to order and will be a while before I get it.

I am pretty sure that the Jpc can be had with one for aggregately cheaper than the slickster. Just a heads up for anyone who might be wearing one outside in the summer for longer than five minutes or so.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:59:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I have the K19 v2 and it's a great carrier. No plans to change, but I appreciate the upgrades.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:
Finally getting around to adding QR releases to my LBT6094. Debating between adding the Blaze Defense system to my LBT cumberbund, or replacing it all together with something like the QR cumberbund from HRT. For those that have gone either route, what would you recommend?

https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/hrt-quick-release-cummerbund/
View Quote

I have a BCS tube replacement cumberbund for my APC. Love it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:28:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#29]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f-CP0QYQ00
View Quote

Looks like a really nice carrier system. I watched a few videos on it. My issue here is heat. Carriers are great in cooler weather. I can tell you first hand that they suck when it's hot and humid. The slickster does ok in the heat, but the cummerbund has to go. I have a skeletal molle on order. Issue is that it's made to order and will be a while before I get it.

I am pretty sure that the Jpc can be had with one for aggregately cheaper than the slickster. Just a heads up for anyone who might be wearing one outside in the summer for longer than five minutes or so.
View Quote

It's made in Israel, for Israeli use.  Tends to get hot there.

I've got the 2.0 version and it's my favorite PC for comfort, and I'm in Central Florida.  It's not like wearing a cooling vest, to be sure, but it breathes as well as any I've used.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Israel is in 50s to 80s, which isn't exactly some sort of super hot temp range.
View Quote

Actually Israel gets into the 80s and 90s and has long summers.  Anyone who thinks the K19 by Agilite isn't designed to do well in hot, dry, and dirty conditions is fooling themselves.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:18:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#32]
Updated:
Crye 1.0 medium; Front plate is III/IV ICW from BulletProof Me (with IIIa backer), and the rear is IV from LAPG the ones that were popular about 1-2 years ago.
ebay finds: AR single mag with kydex insert for 'emergency' reload, ditto for pistol on my weak side.  2 pocket AR mag on left along with an (maybe Eagle?) small pouch as IFAK on strong side.  I tried to throw a canteen pouch on weak side at the back of the side flap, but couldn't actually access it.
Backpack is the Eagle BTAP.  Camo is AOR2.  has 4 quick-release clips to don/doff.  
Only other change is I'm consider tubes, now that I have the mag pouches on the sides.

Uses?  LARP. Range day.  In  theory, with these colors, I could use it if deployed.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#33]
I just got some 8x10 plates for my wife's interceptor. I think I need to sew the bottom of the pouches to raise them up a little.

Man. They sure are small.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
I just got some 8x10 plates for my wife's interceptor. I think I need to sew the bottom of the pouches to raise them up a little.

Man. They sure are small.
View Quote

Not too much bigger than 6X8 side plates.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Actually Israel gets into the 80s and 90s and has long summers.  Anyone who thinks the K19 by Agilite isn't designed to do well in hot, dry, and dirty conditions is fooling themselves.
View All Quotes

The key word there is dry. Here, in Florida, it's wet. The humidity is what drives up the wet bulb temp, and then, ventilation is probably best. I am not dissing the carrier at all, because it looks great. But minimalist, skeletal cummerbund, and mesh backing are all important.

https://defensemechanisms.com/mission-essential-plate-carrier/

This plate carrier is very interesting as well.

Defense Mechanisms MEPC Plate Carrier Setup & Review
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#36]
https://www.221btactical.com/collections/maxx-dri-vests
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:11:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#37]

The key word there is dry. Here, in Florida, it's wet. The humidity is what drives up the wet bulb temp, and then, ventilation is probably best. I am not dissing the carrier at all, because it looks great. But minimalist, skeletal cummerbund, and mesh backing are all important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YQqB6ACIDk
View All Quotes

And this cummerbund looks fairly minimalist and skeletal to me, and that sure looks like mesh backing on the plate bags and shoulders.  But I could be wrong, I just own one and only use it in Florida.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Croak:

And this cummerbund looks fairly minimalist and skeletal to me, and that sure looks like mesh backing on the plate bags and shoulders.  But I could be wrong, I just own one and only use it in Florida.  

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tacticalcafe.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F02%2FTattico_1-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
View Quote

Is that Coyote Brown with Black hardware or is it the lighting making Ranger Green look Brown?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By dsquared_5:

Is that Coyote Brown with Black hardware or is it the lighting making Ranger Green look Brown?
View Quote

Ranger Green.  Coyote and regular MC have FDE hardware.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Finally got new plates and a new PC. Went with the Shellback Rampage. Its nice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#41]

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tacticalcafe.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F02%2FTattico_1-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
View Quote

Yeah, it's sweet. It would still end up wearing most of the pouches I already have for the slickster, and it would cost 300 dollars. Not sure what I'll do if and when I upgrade, but for now, the slickster is serving me pretty well. It's on my short list if I do decide to upgrade, as is the MEPC.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Ranger Green.  Coyote and regular MC have FDE hardware.
View Quote

Thats why I was questioning it. It would be one of a kind.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I'd argue that not soaking up sweat would be important too.  In that vein, would BFG's Ultracomp (or similar) be a better idea, in terms of the base material (not the cut, cummerbund, etc)?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

@Forlorn-Hope details?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#46]

@Forlorn-Hope details?
View Quote

first spear slick ultra light, hesco m210 plates in it currently but trying others as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Trying out some eagle shoulder pads
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I put armor off for a long time, but I now finally have the beginnings of a functional setup.

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
I put armor off for a long time, but I now finally have the beginnings of a functional setup.

https://i.imgur.com/DtnPnjc.jpg
View Quote

That's a good solid foundation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

https://i.imgur.com/DtnPnjc.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top