Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 12:41:04 PM EDT
So i am in the market for a plate carrier.

Looking for advice on who has good quality product

Does price always determine queality in this area like it does in most other gun related areas. ( i understand there are exceptions)

I have looked at  Blackhawk, Voodoo, US PALM.

Also heard alot of good stuff about Tactical Tailor. and saw the pic thread.

advice???
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you need a pc?

Seems as though everyone and their kid wants a pc even if the need hasnt been defined but $$ are there to burn

If you have an H3 to get one   then get an SKD pig or a Mayflower APC with velocity plates....  WHY SKIMP....

Read through the existing threads here

Pc's have been discussed on more than one occasion
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
There are SEVERAL previous posts on this (maybe even on the first page).  So I would check them out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The Diamondback Tactical FAPC is the best bang for the buck out there in my experience.

I also have a buddy who privately purchased one for his tour in Afghanistan, and said he could not find any faults with it after an entire year of use.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll second the Diamondback vote.  I have a FAPC Gen I and I love it, even if it does spend most of it's life in a closet.  Solid stitching, good color, very comfortable fit.  There are some known issues with the Gen I (shoulder flaps are annoying when donning/doffing), which were fixed in the Gen II, but they are more pricey.  Also, no drag handle if that's an issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll third the Diamondback Tactical FAPC. I have the GEN II and it is very well made, comfortable, and affordable (esp. if you are mil/LE).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top