Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2010 10:34:20 AM EDT
There has been a very patient and vocal member here waiting for this item... Illamanator (sp?)

Happy shopping.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
HA! I think he couldn't wait and ended up buying a UE Gray Stealth....
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
HA! I think he couldn't wait and ended up buying a UE Gray Stealth....

I expect he will be selling a kidney on the EE
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yah... Im not fucking happy.

Edit: TAD told me and another on here the Hardshell spectre wasnt happening....
So I bought a stealth hoodie....

Inless someone wants to buy me a large or medium ME Brown Spectre
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
2 Thumbs Down. Weak
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, but $400, seriously?
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I was waiting but I think I'm going to get http://leaf.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Alpha-LT-Jacket instead.

I don't like "relaxed" cut.. was hoping it was alpine/active like my first spectre
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was waiting but I think I'm going to get http://leaf.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Alpha-LT-Jacket instead.

I don't like "relaxed" cut.. was hoping it was alpine/active like my first spectre

damn. an effin' $500 jacket made in China... i'll stick to my Condor Stealth-esque jacket.  just as good, y'know...

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess this one is made in China as well. I didn't see "Made in USA" anywhere in the description or specs.

That's not a buying point for me, because I really don't care where it is made, but it might matter to someone.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess this one is made in China as well. I didn't see "Made in USA" anywhere in the description or specs.

That's not a buying point for me, because I really don't care where it is made, but it might matter to someone.

Well, usually I've noticed when its made in China, the color options are not ME green, ME Brown, or UE Grey. Its always
OD Green, ME Grey and whatever. I remember tad saying it was because their suppliers didn't have the same colors or something.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yah... Im not fucking happy.

Edit: TAD told me and another on here the Hardshell spectre wasnt happening....
So I bought a stealth hoodie....

Inless someone wants to buy me a large or medium ME Brown Spectre

TAD jerking around customers, unpossible!
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, usually I've noticed when its made in China, the color options are not ME green, ME Brown, or UE Grey. Its always
OD Green, ME Grey and whatever. I remember tad saying it was because their suppliers didn't have the same colors or something.

But would it be the same case with Hardshell fabrics?
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think so, but then again the raptor I think was chinese made (not sure) and it has the US colors.
So maybe you're right.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think so, but then again the raptor I think was chinese made (not sure) and it has the US colors.
So maybe you're right.

My Raptor is Chinese made and UE Grey, so it looks like those are the hardshell fabric colors.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Yup, but some dumbass chair born ranger will poney up their mortage money for one
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup, but some dumbass chair born ranger will poney up their mortage money for one

I bought my Columbia breathable hard shell jacket for $79 at their outlet store. Columbia makes plenty good stuff, for me
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think so, but then again the raptor I think was Chinese made (not sure) and it has the US colors.
So maybe you're right.

ALL TAD hardshells have ALLWAYS been made in China. I had an M.E. Green Predator that got stolen. I just replaced it with a U.E. Gray Raptor. The lighter weight material of the Raptor will work much better here in FL. If I go somewhere colder I can just layer up underneath. There is nothing wrong with TAD having their gear made in China. Arc'teryx is all made over seas as well yet no one screams about it. Plus their jackets are MORE expensive. TAD is top notch stuff. If you don't like their prices or practices then don't buy their gear. I on the other hand will be a lifetime TAD customer. Between their great products and the awesome customer service I've received from Armando and others there over the years made it a lock.

When I had all my gear stolen earlier this year. Which included my Predator HS, Fast Pack EDC Ti Spork, ect in all about $3K worth of TAD and non-TAD gear Armando spent hours of his own time looking up ALL my invoices so I could submit them with my insurance claim. Which never got paid mind you. In any event TAD is a tier one company like it or leave it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Just watch out when using your credit card. Its unfortunate that Internet e-tailors can't figure out the basics when it comes to security.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#18]
They had one issue and fixed the problem and made it right. MUCH larger banks and companies have had their systems hacked. The sight is secure now and if you don't trust buying over the interwebs just call.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They had one issue and fixed the problem and made it right. MUCH larger banks and companies have had their systems hacked. The sight is secure now and if you don't trust buying over the interwebs just call.

People won't seem to let it go.... Like you said, much larger places have been hacked. LET IT GO PEOPLE.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#20]
haters gonna hate.

some of you dudes are more catty about clothes than womenz....

just saying.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
haters gonna hate.

some of you dudes are more catty about clothes than womenz....

just saying.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top