Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:51:01 AM EDT
One of my friends shipped out for basic training today (er, yesterday, now).  For a going-away present, my roommate and I were more or less at a loss until I remembered that Tactical Tailor, down in Lakewood, made some really nice day packs in ABU (the new Air Force camo pattern).  I checked their webpage, but couldn't find the option for ABU on their packs, so I sent 'em an email.

Turns out, the packs were a special order for a unit out of McChord.  Not only that, they'd discontinued that specific model of pack altogether.  That said, they still had one in their prop room as a leftover from that order's overrun.  So, the roommate and I spent Friday morning heading down to Lakewood to go get it.  We arrived at their retail store, asked about the pack, and the lady at the counter not only knew exactly what I was talking about, but she'd been given the heads-up about us in advance.  The downside was that the pack was being held for us over at their factory, not at the retail store itself.

So, we headed to the factory and managed to get lost.  Forty-five minutes later, we finally arrived and bought the day pack.  They sold it to me at a considerable discount (I paid $71.05 including tax).  I was thoroughly impressed!  This is the second time Tactical Tailor has really, really impressed the hell out of me.  You just don't find that kind of customer service anymore.

So yeah.  Kevin got the last known extant ABU Enhanced Day Pack from Tactical Tailor.

My first excellent experience with Tactical Tailor involved my search for a MOLLE drop thigh panel upon which I wanted to mount a holster.  I described what I wanted, and the gentleman assisting me said, "well, we don't have exactly what you're looking for––but we can custom make it for you."  Turnaround time was less than a full week, and they charged me around twenty bucks or so!  Tactical Tailor's people––and products––are worthy of all the praise I can give them.  Great folks, and I just figured I'd share.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
+1.  I have tons of their stuff.  Dealt with them over the phone quite a few times and they will do everything they can to help you out.  Great people.

Just ordered one of their modular operator packs.....Hawkeye, didn't you do a review of that pack alond with their extended range operator pack...or am I going crazy

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
TT is the real deal. Best mag pouches I have tried yet, and their showroom is first rate. Discount for .Mil and LEO, but honestly I think they'd work with just about anybody to get them into a rig they need for a reasonable price.

Customer service is "tier one"

ETA: Website is a little dated, but workable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1.  I have tons of their stuff.  Dealt with them over the phone quite a few times and they will do everything they can to help you out.  Great people.

Just ordered one of their modular operator packs.....Hawkeye, didn't you do a review of that pack alond with their extended range operator pack...or am I going crazy

Yeah...I've got a Modular Op, Extended Op, and Removeable Op. They've replaced a bunch of other packs for me.

I got the modular op pack today.....great call.  I was on the fence until I read the review and saw your pics.  Pushed me over the edge to pull the trigger on the pack....thanks.

JC
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Just had 2 custom split MAVs done.
Cost was very reasonable and turn around time was very quick.
Love their stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top