Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2010 2:51:22 PM EDT
Does this vest require soft armor as well as plates (do all of them)? If so, what kind? I don't have much experience with plate carriers.
Thanks,
Dustin
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does this vest require soft armor as well as plates (do all of them)? If so, what kind? I don't have much experience with plate carriers.
Thanks,
Dustin

You should be backing any plates with soft armor.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a certain cut that this vest needs, or do I just get the plate shaped panels?
Dustin
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Some plates require backers to achieve their full NIJ rating, some (called stand alone) don't. You should be able to wedge a backer behind your rifle plate in most carriers. Or you can get full coverage soft armor to wear under the carrier.

A wrap around concealable vest gives you a lot more coverage than backers and can be worn discreetly should the need or desire occur.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Some plates require backers to achieve their full NIJ rating, some (called stand alone) don't. You should be able to wedge a backer behind your rifle plate in most carriers. Or you can get full coverage soft armor to wear under the carrier.
A wrap around concealable vest gives you a lot more coverage than backers and can be worn discreetly should the need or desire occur.

These are IBA plates so they probably need the soft armor. I will look into vests and backer panels.
Dustin
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
A set of backer panels your looking at around 300 ish.

Also police cut IIIA concealable armor will fit fine as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Triad Tactical, he carries Level 3A soft armor inserts specifically designed for the Eagle PC.   He's also got them for the CBs as well.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check out Triad Tactical, he carries Level 3A soft armor inserts specifically designed for the Eagle PC.   He's also got them for the CBs as well.  

Thanks. That looks like what I need, hopefully they go back in stock soon.
Dustin
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If it is the CIRAS you are asking about it takes BALCS cut soft armor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top