Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2010 4:09:23 PM EDT
I found this item: Portable Hospital on Cheaper than DirtNow, CTD is NOT where I would normally turn to for lifesaving first aid equipment,but this item seems fairly complete, and has gotten a 5/5 rating on the CTD site.  Does anyone know good this item actually is, or if it is worth the price?  Is there a comparable first aid Kit of better quality, cheaper price, or more equipment I should sooner be considering?

Link Posted: 7/29/2010 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
For that much money, you could put together a very nice kit tailored to your skills and needs.

If you'd like to share your skill level and perceived needs, there are a lot of folk here who could help you design a solid kit. IF you really want to buy a pre-assembled kit though, Adventure medical kits are the only ones I've seen that don't buy the lowest quality stuff nad bulk up their inventory with stuff like ammonia inhalents.

Link Posted: 7/29/2010 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

For that much money, you could put together a very nice kit tailored to your skills and needs.

If you'd like to share your skill level and perceived needs, there are a lot of folk here who could help you design a solid kit. IF you really want to buy a pre-assembled kit though, Adventure medical kits are the only ones I've seen that don't buy the lowest quality stuff nad bulk up their inventory with stuff like ammonia inhalents.

^ yeah what he said.

the price made me go

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a STOMP pack. it's more designed for a medic to carry that has to provide not only trauma support, but caring for guys who get a boo boo at the range. The bag it's self runs about $200-300 empty, depending on what version you get (original or II). There are much better bags out there if you're looking for an actual aid bag. Personally, I would never buy a fully stocked aid bag ( afirst aid kit maybe, but not an aid bag). It usually comes with a bunch of stuff you don't really need (Lip balm, Calamine Lotion, etc.) and they charge you a ton of money to pack it for you. If you are looking for an all around everyday first aid kit, the Adventure Medical Kits are great. If you are looking for a IFAK/BOK, several are out there. NA Rescue makes good ones that come stocked or empty, but they are spendy (but top quality).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top