Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2010 2:41:03 PM EDT
I'm thinking iof building a small chest rig for my sub2000 that takes Glock 19 mags. Since the carbine is my trunk gun, i'd like to have a means of carrying 3 or 4 mags, a vok, and a smoke. I plan on using an OSOE PALS micro rig as a base. I don't know if John makes a mag pouch that will do what I need. It needs to have some sort of retention, but not be so deep that it's hard to draw a mag from. 1-4 mags, it doesn't matter.

Ideas?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The only ones I've found are the ones for the HK MP5 Mags.  They have buckles for retention, so they are secure, but not really "fast."
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The HSGI Baton Pouch will work.

http://www.skdtac.com/HSGI_Collapsible_Baton_MP5_Pouch_Modular_p/hsg.206.htm

HSGI Collapsible Baton/MP5 Pouch Modular

This pouch will
hold a Collapsible Baton or a MP5 magazine. Has both Hook and Loop
closure as well as the option of a side release buckle for added
security. It comes with a silencing flap that prevents hook and loop
noise if the side release buckle alone is utilized. Includes a Malice
clip. Made in the USA and covered by HSGI's Lifetime Warrant
y

We've made some custom pouches also that held them. I'll post pics tomorrow when I'm in the shop.

CXS

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Good ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thanks fellas. Just talked with Willis at OSOE and he has a dedicated Sub2000 rig I'm putting an order in for. Sounds frigging sweet. I'll update as I know more.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
If you go on Blackhawk.com, they have under their clearance section some MOLLE pop flare pouches.

They informed me the pouches measure 8.5" by 1.5"  I think that will fit.

Im looking for the same reason. Plus they are like $10 or something like that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This pouch willhold a Collapsible Baton or a MP5 magazine. Has both Hook and Loopclosure as well as the option of a side release buckle for addedsecurity. It comes with a silencing flap that prevents hook and loopnoise if the side release buckle alone is utilized. Includes a Maliceclip. Made in the USA and covered by HSGI's Lifetime Warranty

We've made some custom pouches also that held them. I'll post pics tomorrow when I'm in the shop.

CXS

Very freaking tight fit for the lid to close though.  I like(love) HSGI stuff but I don't recommend these.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 3:57:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This pouch willhold a Collapsible Baton or a MP5 magazine. Has both Hook and Loopclosure as well as the option of a side release buckle for addedsecurity. It comes with a silencing flap that prevents hook and loopnoise if the side release buckle alone is utilized. Includes a Maliceclip. Made in the USA and covered by HSGI's Lifetime Warranty

CXS

Very freaking tight fit for the lid to close though.  I like(love) HSGI stuff but I don't recommend these.  Sorry.

Hmm...

Fits well here.

The male fastex could have a longer tail though, is that what you meant?

CXS

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The coverage of the pouch is waaay too high for what I need as well.  I wear my rig high on my chest, so I need something with no more than 50% coverage of the mag so that I'm not smacking myself in the chin with each mag just to clear the pouch.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Run them inverted.  

Since they are only 1 mag/pouch you can just open the fastex and let them drop into your hand.

Porter
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]
You really should look at US Grunt Gear Check out their -Sub Gun Colt 9mm (6) Mags RR Light Chest Rig

Link Posted: 4/22/2010 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#11]
The rig mentioned above.  Nice price point and seems like what I need, however, I have a couple of issues with it.  

1:  I've never even heard of this/these guy/s.  Anyone have any experience with their kit?

2:  No room to add a VoK or smoke or anything else unless it's 1 PALS wide.  At least make it two pals on the sides so that you can add the necessary stuff for a minimalist rig.

ETA:  Being intrigued by this rig, I just called US Grunt Gear to see if they could modify to my likings.  He was very open to that and took my order right there.  So I'm getting a 4 mag rig with 2-3 rows of PALS on the sides with an admin pouch in the rear and an H-Harness for $120ish bucks and I should have it in a week.  So far, I can say the dude has excellent customer service and is very willing to work with you.  I'll do a complete review when I get the rig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top