Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2010 2:47:07 PM EDT
I currently have a Eagle Plate Carrier and am looking to add a few things to the mix. What pouches would you recommend for carrying 3-4 AR 30 rd PMAG's and 3-4 single stack .45 mags, as well as a dump pouch? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Currently looking at the SKD Monkey Stomper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
word of advice...put the dump pouch on your belt
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a DBT six mag pouch for the AR mags on the front. The pouches carry six mags (two in each pouch) with the flap covering them, but I tuck the flaps into the pouch and use them as open top singles. For 1911 mags I like the DBT open top pouches with the magnetic retention( detloc I think it's called), and those are on my left side a little farther forward than where I keep the mags in my kydex on the belt. I'm not a fan of stacking mags on top of other mags as it tends to get a little heavy and bulky in that one spot. I prefer to have the weight spread out and lower profile. I also second the dump pouch being on the belt.

ETA: Diamondback isn't the only manufacturer that makes that style rifle mag pouch. Just about every major company that makes pouches has their own version of that particular style pouch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top