Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2010 7:31:42 PM EDT

?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
tadgear would appreciate it if you did not offshore their bandwidth by placing this picture linked back to their site.

take the image and place it onto a photohosting website

that being said, that is specific to the TAD pack

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
tadgear would appreciate it if you did not offshore their bandwidth by placing this picture linked back to their site.

thanks for the help
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
dont get too wrapped

that beavertail/shove-it/ "transport tail" is specific to that pack.

*is there anywhere i can buy a transport tail for my backpack like this one?*

you did NOT give any information about the type of pack that this would have been used on.

that being said, Dana Designs used to sell Shove-its specific to their line, but they started at about 50.00 and went up from there.
that is, if it wasnt already included in a DD pack
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you'll find a beaver tail that will fit whatever pack it is you're looking for unless you get with that company and see if they have one. HSGI makes a pack that has a tail but I'm not so sure that it would work on another pack. Now, what you can do is get a small net web that you can lash on to your handles for stuffing stuff on the outside of your pack. I used one that I have for my bike on my Camelbak BFM to lash pairs of shoes and a blanket to it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
you could buy my TAD Gear F.A.S.T. Pack P.S. v2 that I have over on the EE and get that very "beaver tail"

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
ITs just a place to stuff things that you may need quickly without digging in your pack........like a jacket or helmet
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ITs just a place to stuff things that you may need quickly without digging in your pack........like a jacket or helmet

I was also thinking what the hell this thing was for, but come to think of it, when we were humping 15 or so miles and switched over to soft covers, we would usually strap our kevlars on the outside of our ALICE packs.  This little thing would have come in handly to keep it secure and not let it flop around.  Good little idea.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Kifaru makes something similar but I am not sure how it would work on other packs: https://www.kifaru.net/grabit.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was also thinking what the hell this thing was for, but come to think of it, when we were humping 15 or so miles and switched over to soft covers, we would usually strap our kevlars on the outside of our ALICE packs.  This little thing would have come in handly to keep it secure and not let it flop around.  Good little idea.

We used to use a motorcycle tank net on the outside of the alice pack for the same reason......and to stuff the old (heavy) field jacket too
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#13]
i have pack that has a "tail" like that

its padded etc and removedable like the orignal picture by the OP.

I wont say who makes it. BUt it aint any of the ones talked about here.

Lotta civy packs have them and have for a while.

as to their use.

shove shit behind them ( jackets etc)

or if it is a "pouch" like mine is, i carry all my grab RFN medical gear in it. It connects via 3 fastex connectors and has a hand loop at top.

here is some pics to make aimlesses head explode.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Why would that make my head explode?

I forgot. I have a pack with a sort of "tail" like that. It's a camelbak, I forget the name, maybe "Transformer"?
It is discontinued. Kind of a small main section of the pack that is removeable, a tail and an admim size pouch attached to the tail. The admin is also removeable

you know if that was a MC colored pack you'd pass out on spot

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Now I know what to get you from Christmas!

you threatened me with that last year......you wimped out

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone who worries about their bandwidth being used up with links to our site is not exactly a marketing genius.

Aimless - It is a matter of simple courtesy, that is all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top