Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2010 6:18:36 PM EDT
There is so much high speed stuff out there that I really don't need. What kind of chest harness would you recommend for some basic duties, something like 6 rifle mags and a couple pistol mags. Something comfortable around the neck. No need for plates or armor.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
mini mav plus 3 2 mag pouches or 2 3mag shingles stacked on each other.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]

That's what you want but you'll have to wait awhile to find one. I went the mini mav route and am very happy.

Link Posted: 3/3/2010 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_LE_Active_Shooter_Chest_Rig_p/eag.670.htm

I like this one as well.  You can always go with a TT MAV and add whatever pouches you want.  There are some good deals on these on the EE from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my Eagle/SKD Universal chest rig. Holds up to eight primary mags and four secondary mags.

Link Posted: 3/3/2010 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's what you want but you'll have to wait awhile to find one. I went the mini mav route and am very happy.

Yea. Good luck getting one of those from the factory anytime soon. Didn't Eagle estimate their backlog in months?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#7]

This. There's a reason they're so popular.
Tomac

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
This one is the TITS.

http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_M4_Chest_Rig_LE_3_Mag_p/eag.563.htm

Add 1 double pistol mag pouch for high speed low drag.
= 3 AR and 2 pistol.

Add 2 double pistol pouches and 2 double AR mag pouches on each side for a total of 7 AR mags and 4 Pistol mags.

Easy to attach and detach those pieces as needed, plus your first 3 ar mags are retained by an inside collar so they won't fall out, yet they are easy to speed load from being open and single. The pistol mags that you add are also retained by an inside collar. Much superior to the Universal SKD.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I second the above M4FB.  I have one and it is nice.  No bulky straps and it stays put.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the Specter Gear M-1 MK3 this  I can easily carry a three or six mag pouch with a double mag pouch and a utility pouch.  It is nice in that you can use your existing pouches and reconfigure it as your needs dictate. Specter is top notch in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#12]

This is my mini mav set up. I only carry 3 AR mags but you could easily stack another triple mag shingle and not add too much bulk or weight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Blackstone Tactical has some rigs in stock that might work for you:

Blackstone Chest Rigs

Eagle Universal Chest Rig IN STOCK!
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Have you looked at the Blue Force Gear Ten Speed chest rig?  Doesn't get more low pro than that.  Pistol mags would have to go on a belt.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Most cost effective is a used Army LBE vest. For less than $20 you can carry 6 mags and have 2 extra pockets for clips. Add a belt , some ALICE pouches and a butt pack and you can load up with more ammo than you comfortably carry.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Take a look at the BCM03 Modular Split Front Chest Rig.  I just picked one up and am very pleased so far and it's gotten good reviews elsewhere.  Probably one of the biggest advantages is how quick it is to get in/out of.  http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-03-MSF-Chest-Harness-s/124.htm
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Take a look at the BCM03 Modular Split Front Chest Rig.  I just picked one up and am very pleased so far and it's gotten good reviews elsewhere.  Probably one of the biggest advantages is how quick it is to get in/out of.  http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-03-MSF-Chest-Harness-s/124.htm

Looks like a great rig but too pricey for me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Consider the FLC (fighting load carrier)....you can get the basic vest for about $12, and it can be converted to a chest rig. Pouches are extra, but you'd only need a couple for the rifle mags and one for the pistol.

Link, start on page 1 and read till you are compelled to order one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This.  Worth every penny.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I've tried most rigs, from the standard H-gear to similar styles of pictured rigs.  Really think about what you are using this rig for. You can spend a good amount of money on nylon you dont need. Modular styles with no pouches let you control what you are throwing on and where, which can be critical. And they are usually a little cheaper. Another plus, you can pick pouches/mag carriers from other manufacturers, assuming the rig is MOLLE/PALs compatible. Also, padded shoulder straps if you plan on wearing it full load for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top