Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2009 9:23:26 AM EDT
OK, I can't resist showing off my toys.
Diamondback Tactical Plate Carrier in Coyote Tan and pouches in MultiCam or Coyote Tan
Blackhawk Plate Carrier in Coyote Tan and Pouches in MultiCam.
All pouches except for the admin pouch on the Blackhawk are made by DBT.
The admin pouch is made by milspecmonkey.

(right) Diamondback Tactical Predator Gen I (left) BlackHawk STRIKE Gen-4 Molle System Commando Recon Vest

Diamondback Tactical Predator Gen I

BlackHawk STRIKE Gen-4 Molle System Commando Recon Vest
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice setup
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
All nice, missing a lot of dirt though IMO
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I field tested the Blackhawk rig on two military FTX's with AF Security Forces preparing for their rotation to the sand box.
Put it through the ringer. Came home and power washed it. GTG

The Diamondback Tactical plate carrier is brand spanking new. Got the plate carrier in their clearance sale. Will add the plates later.
Going out on two FTX's in Sept and Nov. Will report back on what I think of the DBT.

One thing I have learned. Lighter is better. How those guys in the sand box hump around with body armor, ammo and H2O is almost superhuman. God bless them!

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
We do it cause it necessary... it sure aint fun.

You actually clean you gear? WTF?

I was wondering why you had all this, not judging, but more curiousity than anything. Is this a job to field test gear for the AF? I couldn't think of a "better" job to put up with.

One thing, lighter might be better for some patrol around the village in Humvees or MRAPs but when it comes to dismounted operations away from your mobility, you'll gladly sacrifice weight for gear: water, bullets, radio, batteries, food (typically in that order). Its not unheard of to have 30 pounds strapped to your chest with another 100 on your back as you go out for a long patrol with bivaucs in the bush.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I actually work full time LE for the last 21 years. Before that, 8 years in AF security forces (under Reagan).

For the last 10 years, on my off duty time along with about a dozen other LE/vets. We volunteer our time and money to help train AF security forces. We formed an OPFOR team and 4 times a year we train with the local reserve and guard units. We train at an old Army reservation so we can use everything at our disposal...trip and pop flares, smoke, GBS's, MILES gear, ect. ect.

The AF provides the M4's and we have to outfit ourselves. So  I've invested a lot into uniforms, vests, pouches, boots, glasses, packs, hydration (and of course 2x M4orgeries).......so that's why I wash them, my money, my investment. In the field testing I try and see what works and what doesn't. I drop and sell what I think I won't ever use again and buy what I think would be better for me in the field.

Believe me I've done my share of humping with 50-60 lb packs with old ALICE packs. 15-20 mile forced marches aren't easy with any kind of weight.

I work with six deputies that are have and are now touring in Afghan and Iraq. I hear their stories and my admiration for them and of their sacrifice only makes me want to do more to support them.

Thank you for your service. Are you still in?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:07:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice clean setups Savoy.  Great yard too!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Tango Yankee
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice Job SAVOY   +1.  

Love the set ups.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I actually work full time LE for the last 21 years. Before that, 8 years in AF security forces (under Reagan).

For the last 10 years, on my off duty time along with about a dozen other LE/vets. We volunteer our time and money to help train AF security forces. We formed an OPFOR team and 4 times a year we train with the local reserve and guard units. We train at an old Army reservation so we can use everything at our disposal...trip and pop flares, smoke, GBS's, MILES gear, ect. ect.

The AF provides the M4's and we have to outfit ourselves. So  I've invested a lot into uniforms, vests, pouches, boots, glasses, packs, hydration (and of course 2x M4orgeries).......so that's why I wash them, my money, my investment. In the field testing I try and see what works and what doesn't. I drop and sell what I think I won't ever use again and buy what I think would be better for me in the field.

Believe me I've done my share of humping with 50-60 lb packs with old ALICE packs. 15-20 mile forced marches aren't easy with any kind of weight.

I work with six deputies that are have and are now touring in Afghan and Iraq. I hear their stories and my admiration for them and of their sacrifice only makes me want to do more to support them.

Thank you for your service. Are you still in?

Nowthat is a job or just a service worth looking into. Nice to see folks (especially current LEOs) like that helping out with units that could use it. Something to consider as a service to offer for my dad's business if we hired more people- best laid plans and all that. Typically, when we're looking at OPFOR from contractors we end up with guys who left after a few years of service and knew someone in the business and spend half the time talking about how good they are or were and how good you are not. Alas, I digress...

I'm still in and in Afghanistan (hence the little flag)

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
kudzu630,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers as I head into work each day.
I will check in from time to time and touch base.
Take care and watch your six!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#11]
looks good, How is the weight on those things?  I just got a eagle assualt plate carrier for its size and be able to be more agile. I might pick up one of those diamondback PC in a month or 2. How do they run in size. As you can see in my thread the M/L eagle in the pics looks a little small.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All nice, missing a lot of dirt though IMO

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I am 5' 6" and go about 165. The DBT is size small. They are adjustable so that you can wear it with or w/o armor and with or w/o cold weather gear. You don't want the rig to be too big on you. The rig should rest on your shoulders, not pinch/choke your neck and the bottom should come to above the belt line.  You don't want it hanging low, it makes it difficult to sit, get in and out of vehicles and it easier to get to your pants belt.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OK, I can't resist showing off my toys.
Diamondback Tactical Plate Carrier in Coyote Tan and pouches in MultiCam or Coyote Tan
Blackhawk Plate Carrier in Coyote Tan and Pouches in MultiCam.
All pouches except for the admin pouch on the Blackhawk are made by DBT.
The admin pouch is made by milspecmonkey.

(right) Diamondback Tactical Predator Gen I (left) BlackHawk STRIKE Gen-4 Molle System Commando Recon Vest
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/mikros_photos/2009DiamondbackTacticalandBlackhawk.jpg

Diamondback Tactical Predator Gen I
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/mikros_photos/2009DiamondbackTacticalandBlackh-1.jpg

BlackHawk STRIKE Gen-4 Molle System Commando Recon Vest
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/mikros_photos/2009BlackhawkReconRig007.jpg

Savoy,  Can you give a breaddown on all the pouches on the Blackhawk rig and what they are?  I found the Blackhawk on Cops plus, but need to know what else to order.  I have been looking for an active shoot rig for the trunk and I think your Blackhawk rigs is just what I am looking for.  Thanks and AStay safe brother.

InLeo
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#15]
indiana_leo,
here is an itemized list. Sorry it took so long, had to go back and find my packing slips for the info.

1x = BattleLab M4/M16 Triple Mag Pouch, (Holds 6), BLPM01-6CRE CRYE
2x = BattleLab M4/M16 Single Mag (Holds 2), BLPM01-2CRE CRYE
1x = BattleLab Radio Pouch, Small, 6" high x 4" wide x 2" deep, BLPM30CRE CRYE
1x = BattleLab GP Pouch Small,  BLPM40CRE CRYE , or  also can use the BattleLab Small Medic Pouch (Pouch Only) BLPM60CRE CRYE

1x = BattleLab Flashlight Pouch SF-Z2/6P/G2, BLPM07-2CRE CRYE
1x = Tactical Tailor Knife Pouch, Item Number: 10013-5, MultiCam

1x = Maxpedition Monkey Admin Combat Pouch, Khaki, from LA Police Gear or the MilSpecMonkey Stealth Ultility/Admin Pouch in MultiCam from MilSpecMonkey

The reason I use 2 individual BattleLab M4/M16 Single Mag (Holds 2) pouches so that I can be more flexible. I can take off one instead of a double mag (Holds 4) pouch. Or I can hold one smoke canister in one of my single mag pouches. It’s a little tight but it gives me another option.

I also have tried mixing and matching the knife and light pouches, because some of the auto knives and ultility knives I use are too large for the regular knife pouches.

The radio pouch use adjustable/Velcro/bungee cord loops to hold the radios in and are very secure. It will hold our Motorola HT 1000 tactical radio and also the small Motorola/Midland walkie/talkie radios.

I don’t know if you have used the BlackHawk STRIKE Gen-4 Molle System Commando Recon Vest before, but it is easier to use the shoulder straps with the cross piece strap to make it into a H-harness configuration instead of the crossover (X) the back style you commonly see. It does come with a back panel that replaces the shoulder straps and it can be purchased separately. I haven’t purchased one yet but plan to in the future for more options.

Hope that helps and feel free again to ask any questions. I’ll be glad to help.

Be careful out there, watch your six!
Mike

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top