Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:19:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NY_crawler:
@js1977 what water bottle holder is that?
View Quote
Spiritus Systems.  It's the one that they offered before the current one was released.  Not sure the difference between mine and the current one, I'm sure they just improved on it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Pssh, you kids and your newfangled nylon.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20211009_140459_2_jpg-2352081.JPG
View Quote

A man after my own heart. You can’t argue with an 870 and basketweave six shooter rigs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lane579:

A man after my own heart. You can’t argue with an 870 and basketweave six shooter rigs.
View Quote

Capacity
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
But when I'm using an inner and an outer belt system, it just makes more sense to be using the same thing that secures both belts together as a way to secure the items on the belt as well so there'd be more surface area contacting with the inner.
View Quote

That, combined with the lower profile of such belts, is why they/it are so popular. Who would guess something so practical could be so divisive?
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Capacity
View Quote

Don’t forget long range shots.

Seems it wasn’t hard to argue it afterall
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CJ47:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Capacity

Why even bother arguing about it?

MYOB should be the norm really.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Capacity

Enough capacity and range for what I need. That RMR makes 100yard shots as easy as with any rds/carbine. Past 125 range estimation becomes much more important.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:44:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lane579] [#8]
Real world vs fantasy isn’t really an argument is it boys?  When’s the last time anyone needed to engage a deadly force threat beyond 100 yards?  Military operations excluded of course.

Youll be hard pressed to find an example. And LE counter sniper call outs really don’t qualify either even though you’d be hard pressed to find those too. I’ll wait….
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Real world vs fantasy isn’t really an argument is it boys?  When’s the last time anyone needed to engage a deadly force threat beyond 100 yards?  Military operations excluded of course.

Youll be hard pressed to find an example. And LE counter sniper call outs really don’t qualify either even though you’d be hard pressed to find those too. I’ll wait….
View Quote

I’ve personally met an LEO who killed a man who was stabbing someone at 150 yards.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:12:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#10]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I’ve personally met an LEO who killed a man who was stabbing someone at 150 yards.
View All Quotes

Out of all the arfcomers here, you're the only one that just happens to know someone to try to discredit others for every argument ever being argued over.

Imagine that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn’t say I know him I said I met him. He instructed a class I took. Smoked the dude with iron sights too.

So yeah it happens.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Well it wasn't a sniper call out...

APD officer shoots man at 100 yards, one-handed
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:17:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#13]
Truly fascinating that you always happen to know a guy though
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Don't have a case study but I'll jump on this too, a guy I went through the academy with had left Nevada, described a 70-100 yard engagement along a highway with his sidearm.
I don't believe it happens often but I'm sure it does.

Further, just because something doesn't necessarily happen often doesn't mean it's not worth preparing for.
Seems akin to scoffing at someone for CCing because they've never been robbed. Or training to use an IFAK despite working a comfy corporate job.

With a bear/big game country setup it's understandable to want that capability; big animals can cover distance fast.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

You should get out more.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Also met an LEO who was the first supervisor to a police shooting involving 4 agents at 200-600 yards.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#17]

You should get out more.
View Quote

Oh I do, but know one I know just also happens to be a "subject matter expert" at all the arguments you seem to be invested in winning. It's why I find it fascinating. Especially here in the gear thread where you are hardly seen unless someone speaks that defies your supported narratives that matters to you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m not supporting a narrative. He was saying you couldn’t find an example of a 100 plus yard shot outside of snipers or the military and I’ve personally met officers who did or arrived shortly after. I made no conclusions whatsoever and have no narrative.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:51:16 AM EDT
[#19]
"Okay."

Picture thread:

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:55:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By fyeguy:

I've got both. My HSGI does not move much, if at all. I will generally use that if I'm taking a carbine class, and want to run it without a PC or chest rig. For those types of classes, I'll generally have a secondary, 3-4 secondary mags, and 3-4 primary mags.... it gets heavy. Even then, it doesn't really slide much, but I did add a set of suspenders to help distribute the weight.

I love my new Esstac. My intention is to use that more for pistol classes, although I could throw 2-3 primary mags on there if I needed to.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/95858/Screen_Shot_2022-04-15_at_9_47_28_AM_png-2349759.JPG

(And yes, I am cross eye dominant, primary/lefty, secondary/righty)
View Quote

Your top belt setup inspired me, picture posted above this post.

@fyeguy
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:
Question: Heard something yesterday about the .Mil load rating test for Belts - that the Buckle needs to be able to be manually released under load. Is this true? If so, Cobra's don't, so what load rated buckles do? Thx.
View Quote

No. This is for load rated belts for air ops that require a tether.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

You're asking the wrong question. This thread is about war belts. Most of us are here to effectively participate in domestic large-scale issues with maximum effectiveness. Things like Katrina, Detroit in the 40s, or even a Ukraine-type incident.

I'm sure the Ukrainians hadn't had to engage Russian tanks and Air Power until they did. I wonder if they wish they were properly prepared?

So, maybe you don't roll in here talking about fantasy and asking about personal experience with deadly force. Maybe instead you use the experience and knowledge in this thread to help get yourself together?

Pic thread.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221816/wtfbrad2_JPG-2357644.jpg
View All Quotes
Real world vs fantasy isn’t really an argument is it boys?    I’ll wait….

You're asking the wrong question. This thread is about war belts. Most of us are here to effectively participate in domestic large-scale issues with maximum effectiveness. Things like Katrina, Detroit in the 40s, or even a Ukraine-type incident.

I'm sure the Ukrainians hadn't had to engage Russian tanks and Air Power until they did. I wonder if they wish they were properly prepared?

So, maybe you don't roll in here talking about fantasy and asking about personal experience with deadly force. Maybe instead you use the experience and knowledge in this thread to help get yourself together?

Pic thread.

What do you keep in your esstac dangler
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221816/1-2357845.jpg

1. Shock cord tethered shears (tied to the zipper)
2. retractable razor (tied to the zipper)
3. 6" Israeli bandage
4. Shock chord bandoleer with rolled gauze, gloves, and antiseptic wipes
5. Med tape
6. Sharpie
7. Chest seal
8. Ace bandage
9. Quick clot sponge

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

What do you keep in your esstac dangler

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221816/1-2357845.jpg

1. Shock cord tethered shears (tied to the zipper)
2. retractable razor (tied to the zipper)
3. 6" Israeli bandage
4. Shock chord bandoleer with rolled gauze, gloves, and antiseptic wipes
5. Med tape
6. Sharpie
7. Chest seal
8. Ace bandage
9. Quick clot sponge

Cool thanks bro!
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#27]

For sure my dude. Looking at it, I need more rolled gauze, though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Cool thanks bro!

For sure my dude. Looking at it, I need more rolled gauze, though.

For me I want 3 rolls of gauze for every bandage. The first one in is chitogauze, after that I have plain.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have an axl belt? I love my bison but I'm considering adding the axl to the stable...
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Esstac dangler ordered
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

My 1911/Glock 19 belt.  QLS fork and TACO pouches make switching back and forth easy.

Integrated fanny pack (Ferro Mini) usually holds a small PHOKUS kit + (2) TQ's.  If I'm on a range where I dont need that shit, I empty it out and use it for additional rounds and a speedloader.

For anyone who cares, one way I found to to secure a Safariland UBL in place (keep it from sliding back and forth) is attach some adhesive Velcro on the inside portion that faces the belt, and then using One-Wrap to hold it in place.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Is this quick release for changing out holsters reliable enough to not come off ever unless on purpose by the user?

I want to be able to exchange my G17 for competitions with my G45 for training and SHTF.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this quick release for changing out holsters reliable enough to not come off ever unless on purpose by the user?

I want to be able to exchange my G17 for competitions with my G45 for training and SHTF.
View Quote

Yes. The Safariland is rock solid..sometimes too solid.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I’ve yet to ever have any issues with it, experience is limited to wearing it during a few training classes and on my nightly runs on my battle belt, I use them on my EDC belt too. If you’re at all worried about them, they make a QLS 22L that requires some extra manipulation to release it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I totally trust the Safariland system - have had the QLS setup on my work belt since 2016 and it has been rock solid through very heavy use.  

They issue it to Marines, so it must be reasonably Crayon-Eater proof

Can't really speak for the other systems
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Ok. So one failed. Ive been using them for years and haven't had issues. Including several years on duty.
Nothing is infallible. Maybe I need to start being vague with my posts so as to be ambiguous...
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Haven’t seen that before. Wonder if that was a real Safariland buckle or a eBay special?  

I seen a video one time about guy breaking plastic holsters off of another persons’ belt. Seemed like fobus is super easy to do.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Regardless of how good some gear is, there is probably a picture of it broken somewhere on the internet

Attachment Attached File

The QLS system is designed to break away at ~400lbs due to military specifications IIRC.  It freaks some people out, but a fair number of .mil mounting systems (the kind that stick gear to people) are actually designed to break at a specific threshold.  This is for stuff like parachuting - situations where your life is on the line over a piece of stuck gear.

Reading the Southnarc IG post, the breakage pictured was brought about by two guys rolling around and fighting over a pistol for training.  More than likely, they simply broke the QLS at the point it was designed to break.  Good news is a QLS fork is cheap and easy to swap out.

Personal experience: My QLS kits have always been good, and working with a lot of young dudes who could pretty much break anything, I have never seen one crack or fail.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Ok. So one failed. Ive been using them for years and haven't had issues. Including several years on duty.
Nothing is infallible. Maybe I need to start being vague with my posts so as to be ambiguous...
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Photo-of-broken-Safariland-QLS-from-southnarc-class/4-204247/

I've never used the qls on duty but I've ripped a 6004 off the leg mount before. At the time I was deadlifting 585. I won a case a beer because I got my squad leaders gun.

Apparently some departments don't allow the qls due to the breaking a little to easy though.

I've used things for years with no issues, defended their use against people who've had issues with them then one day... Bam. I had the same issue.

The berretta safety for one. Now all my Berettas have g levers.

Sometimes I like to step outside my own experience and look at stuff with an open mind.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#42]
The potential for breakage on a Safariland QLS system is there, but minor in the grand scope of things-especially considering the quantity of them in actual real use daily and the abuse they go through in training / day to day real world use (LE and Mil). The advantages far out way the  what if potential in my book.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m not supporting a narrative. He was saying you couldn’t find an example of a 100 plus yard shot outside of snipers or the military and I’ve personally met officers who did or arrived shortly after. I made no conclusions whatsoever and have no narrative.
View Quote

Never said you couldn’t find one. I know of many. Jesus FC some of you need a life. A couple of us were just having fun talking smack about a shotgun and six shooter. Go back to GD
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Pic thread.

View Quote

Lol. Lighten up Francis
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#46]
So I went to check my property today and get some things. Got escorted to and from by AZ fish and game. A YCSO deputy pulled up to us and hung out. I got some solid intel on the Crooks Fire and while we're still not able to return to our homes, it's looking better and better for now.

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice that all three have the QLS on their belts. It was a great conversation. Despite the sample size of one that was shown to fail, I'm now confident in trialing for myself.

So my question is, what do I need to get for my belt?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#47]
So I went to check my property today and get some things. Got escorted to and from by AZ fish and game. A YCSO deputy pulled up to us and hung out. I got some solid intel on the Crooks Fire and while we're still not able to return to our homes, it's looking better and better for now.

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice that all three have the QLS on their belts. It was a great conversation. Despite the sample size of one that was shown to fail, I'm now confident in trialing for myself.

So my question is, what do I need to get for my belt?
View Quote

Fork and plate come as a set
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Fork and plate come as a set
View Quote

So other than a holster, that's it, just plug and play so to speak?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#49]

So other than a holster, that's it, just plug and play so to speak?
View Quote

Yes. It'll work on any holster with the Safariland hole pattern. Unscrew the holster from the belt mount. Fork goes on holster, plate goes on belt mount. Profit
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:13:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By fyeguy:

I've got both. My HSGI does not move much, if at all. I will generally use that if I'm taking a carbine class, and want to run it without a PC or chest rig. For those types of classes, I'll generally have a secondary, 3-4 secondary mags, and 3-4 primary mags.... it gets heavy. Even then, it doesn't really slide much, but I did add a set of suspenders to help distribute the weight.

I love my new Esstac. My intention is to use that more for pistol classes, although I could throw 2-3 primary mags on there if I needed to.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/95858/Screen_Shot_2022-04-15_at_9_47_28_AM_png-2349759.JPG

(And yes, I am cross eye dominant, primary/lefty, secondary/righty)
View Quote

thank you sir. very helpful and gives me an idea what I should go for.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top