Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R3L04D:
Those of y'all using the mid-drop attachment for Safariland holsters + inner/outer belt setups - do y'all run the inner belt through the loops on the holster? I think my outer belt is too stiff to work for that.

Just got a new belt and never had to deal with this before
View Quote

I run my outer belt through the loops, it’s tight for sure, but it helps keep the holster from moving when the inner/outer is separated.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Those of y'all using the mid-drop attachment for Safariland holsters + inner/outer belt setups - do y'all run the inner belt through the loops on the holster? I think my outer belt is too stiff to work for that.

View Quote

I moved to a Truenorth rig and prefer it to the safariland mount.
Attachment Attached File

But I did move my safariland mid-ride to my single belt system and here’s how I thread it.  It was very stable this way with inner and outer belt.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

I moved to a Truenorth rig and prefer it to the safariland mount.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/9169934B-E868-428E-9675-0A12F2594AC0_jpe-2338088.JPG

View Quote

That's sexy. Need it lol
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
Typically the inner belt goes through the belt loops on your pants, replacing your regular pants belt. So it both holds your pants up and services as an anchor for the outer belt. The outer belt has the holster (and your other gear) mounted on it. The idea is that the outer belt can be removed without having to remove the inner belt.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Put my big boy pants on and figured it out. Really like this belt. Replaces an older VTAC.

Raptor Tactical ODIN MKIII
Esstac pistol
HSGI Taco
IFAK
TRex Arms dump
G45, Holoson 508T, X300V
Safariland ALS holster

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

TRex dump pouched $10 off if anyone is interested.

For some reason I can't copy the link and paste it .
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, think I've got close to my final form for my pistol setup.

Esstac Shooters Belt
Blue Alpha Gear Inner
Double Alpha Magnet
KYWI doubles (gapped)
Benchmade SOCP
Spiritus JSTA
Live the Creed Responder IFAK
QLS drop
TR Holster

Attachment Attached File

Ran this through a 1k round pistol class a few weekends ago, but with the True North adapter with the Safariland 6390RDS. The MHA dug into my hip a bit... I may trim it and put it back on. Holster choice will likely be dependent upon the class. Taking a Frank Proctor class later this month... that should be a pretty good test.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Blu Alpha Belt
Dara Holster
Blue Alpha TQ holder
Esstac KYWIs

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:
Blu Alpha Belt
Dara Holster
Blue Alpha TQ holder
Esstac KYWIs

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276753/20220412_210923_jpg-2347159.JPG
View Quote

You are one of the first people to have that TQ holder. It was just released like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Give us a review after you run around in it a bit. And maybe some close up pics. Does it feel snug, yet easy enough to pull the TQ out of?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey all,

I'm looking at getting an Esstac Enhanced Shooter's belt.  I followed their sizing directions, and my waist size over pants is right at 38 inches.  This puts me squarely between the medium and large sizes.  Which would fit better?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Volksgewehr:
Hey all,

I'm looking at getting an Esstac Enhanced Shooter's belt.  I followed their sizing directions, and my waist size over pants is right at 38 inches.  This puts me squarely between the medium and large sizes.  Which would fit better?
View Quote

Go large. Im between snall and medium.  Ordered a small.  Ended up getting a medium anyway
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Go large. Im between snall and medium.  Ordered a small.  Ended up getting a medium anyway
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Hey all,

I'm glad I read that before I put my order in. In fact, that's the reason I haven't put my order in yet and it's been sitting in my cart for like a week.  

I know their site says they'll swap a belt if I order the wrong size but I hate being a pain in the ass customer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I'm glad I read that before I put my order in. In fact, that's the reason I haven't put my order in yet and it's been sitting in my cart for like a week.  

I know their site says they'll swap a belt if I order the wrong size but I hate being a pain in the ass customer.
View Quote
Don't worry about it. Stu loves pain in the ass customers
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey all,

View Quote

Get the large. I can't remember what my measurement was outside my pants, but I wear 34" waist pants and I got the large belt. I just got my enhanced belt a couple days ago but haven't had a chance to go LARPing about with it yet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

Get the large. I can't remember what my measurement was outside my pants, but I wear 34" waist pants and I got the large belt. I just got my enhanced belt a couple days ago but haven't had a chance to go LARPing about with it yet.
View Quote

Thanks, order has been placed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Great, thanks! I'll go ahead and order one of every size and then demand they let me return the ones that don't fit and also reimburse me for shipping both ways. If they won't, I'll make a new account on every gun forum and post incoherent ramblings in ALL CAPS about how terrible their customer service is.

Thanks, Esstac!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#18]
for those of you with an HSGI padded belt, do you find it riding up? sliding off? would you go inner/outer if you could re-do it?

esstac enhanced or HSGI is where I'm leaning.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:
for those of you with an HSGI padded belt, do you find it riding up? sliding off? would you go inner/outer if you could re-do it?

View Quote

I've got both. My HSGI does not move much, if at all. I will generally use that if I'm taking a carbine class, and want to run it without a PC or chest rig. For those types of classes, I'll generally have a secondary, 3-4 secondary mags, and 3-4 primary mags.... it gets heavy. Even then, it doesn't really slide much, but I did add a set of suspenders to help distribute the weight.

I love my new Esstac. My intention is to use that more for pistol classes, although I could throw 2-3 primary mags on there if I needed to.

Attachment Attached File

(And yes, I am cross eye dominant, primary/lefty, secondary/righty)
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a hsgi padded that always moved no matter how tight I had it and seemed to bunch up. I'm differently going with a two piece this go around. The hsgi was gel padded I believe and was very comfortable but was too wide. That belt was bought and used six years ago with a plate carrier doing dynamic jobs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lane579] [#22]
So I guess I'm what some would call a dinosaur when it comes to tactical gear.  I don't wear flat billed caps and I don't hang gloves anywhere except on my hands.  I still use an ATS MOLLE sleeve over a 2" nylon belt, and I think the Battlelab pouches were the best nylon you could buy . (and I have a lot of it, still going).  But I am intrigued by the contributors of this thread and these slimmer belts that still accommodate MOLLE such as Ronin and Blue Alpha.  However, I see a lot of guys going to the non-MOLLE belt and one wrap pouch systems such as ESSTAC and others.  Is it the true way of the future?  Should I give in and cut all the MOLLE straps off my mag pouches? And....would it kill someone to have VN Tiger Stripe items just for fun?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#23]

You need some MBX mags sir
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:53:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#24]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I copy Joe
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote
Are they better then the G3's by staccato? I got 3 17rd mags and 2 20rd mags.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Micro molle belts like Ronon, Tyr, and Eagle are awesome.

One wrap is over rated outside of comms cable management. It's popular bc guys hooked their fanboy wagon to a company that doesn't put molle on their belt and need a way to attach stuff.

You're seeing a lot of non molle belts and one wrap bc this place is an eco chamber. Every forum has a company that their fans confuse engagement with a superior product concept.
View Quote

Damnit man, I thought we were friends.
In all fairness,  molle vs. One wrap comes down to use and preference. And we are adult enough to separate tour line of work vs my now civilian ass who doesn't need it as much. Although my last duty belt had a bunch of one wrap...
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#29]
One wrap is over rated outside of comms cable management.
View Quote

Could you elaborate on the deficiencies of a one wrap system?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By lane579:
So I guess I'm what some would call a dinosaur when it comes to tactical gear.  I don't wear flat billed caps and I don't hang gloves anywhere except on my hands.  I still use an ATS MOLLE sleeve over a 2" nylon belt, and I think the Battlelab pouches were the best nylon you could buy . (and I have a lot of it, still going).  But I am intrigued by the contributors of this thread and these slimmer belts that still accommodate MOLLE such as Ronin and Blue Alpha.  However, I see a lot of guys going to the non-MOLLE belt and one wrap pouch systems such as ESSTAC and others.  Is it the true way of the future?  Should I give in and cut all the MOLLE straps off my mag pouches? And....would it kill someone to have VN Tiger Stripe items just for fun?
View Quote

Pssh, you kids and your newfangled nylon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lane579:
View Quote
I have a esstac belt and pouches.it has a inner and outer velcro belts. I run the inner on my pants and the outer hooks too it. Nice and secure stays in place.

When we first deployed in 04 that gave us molle body armor and we still had Vietnam allice gear. Trying to make that work sucked.

I spent 400 on my belt and I just use it at the Range. Its nice to have nice gear. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By js1977:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By js1977:

I honestly haven't had a failure with either.

I'm probably like idk about 1500 rounds into mine
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By acegunner:

You are one of the first people to have that TQ holder. It was just released like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Give us a review after you run around in it a bit. And maybe some close up pics. Does it feel snug, yet easy enough to pull the TQ out of?
View Quote

@acegunner

I really like it. It holds on tight (to both the TQ and the sharpie).

I ordered it on release day and had it 3 days later.

I've already worn it to do run and gun training  several times and it holds the TQ perfectly.

I have it attached to my belt with one wrap.

Instead of MOLLE it has a different kind of mounting system. You can see it well on the stock pics, but ill post some of my own pictures tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#34]
You are one f the first people to have that TQ holder. It was just released like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Give us a review after you run around in it a bit. And maybe some close up pics. Does it feel snug, yet easy enough to pull the TQ out of?
View Quote

Who is "us" and can you drop a link to the item in question please?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Question: Heard something yesterday about the .Mil load rating test for Belts - that the Buckle needs to be able to be manually released under load. Is this true? If so, Cobra's don't, so what load rated buckles do? Thx.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:
Question: Heard something yesterday about the .Mil load rating test for Belts - that the Buckle needs to be able to be manually released under load. Is this true? If so, Cobra's don't, so what load rated buckles do? Thx.
View Quote

Is that for pant belts or war belts? If for war belts then I'm guessing the plastic fastex buckle does.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#37]

I honestly haven't had a failure with either.

I'm probably like idk about 1500 rounds into mine
View Quote
Nice, I'll have to check them out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
You are one f the first people to have that TQ holder. It was just released like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Give us a review after you run around in it a bit. And maybe some close up pics. Does it feel snug, yet easy enough to pull the TQ out of?

Link
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Glocked:
Link
View Quote

Now I understand. The Co names threw me. The "Blue Force Gear" one I have blows. I'd like one of these but must await next check from VA......
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#40]
My Enhanced Shooter's Belt came in Saturday.  This is my first belt rig, so I don't know how they're supposed to fit, but the outer belt feels about an inch too long.  Is the support intended to come primarily from the inner belt attachment, or should there be some tension on the outer belt?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Wrap yourself with the inner so it's snug. There can be overlap. Then size the outer belt to fit over that. Should be tight as to not have slack, but not too toght that you cant close the buckle
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Wrap yourself with the inner so it's snug. There can be overlap. Then size the outer belt to fit over that. Should be tight as to not have slack, but not too toght that you cant close the buckle
View Quote

I have the inner belt as tight as a normal pants belt, then lay the outer belt over it.  With the buckles adjusted to their smallest, I have enough slack to mount my Sidecar holster on the outer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#43]

I have the inner belt as tight as a normal pants belt, then lay the outer belt over it.  With the buckles adjusted to their smallest, I have enough slack to mount my Sidecar holster on the outer.
View Quote

Figured youbwere using more as a traditional battle belt, not as an edc belt
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Figured youbwere using more as a traditional battle belt, not as an edc belt
View Quote

I do intend to use it as a battle belt, I was trying to explain how loose it is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#45]

I do intend to use it as a battle belt, I was trying to explain how loose it is.
View Quote

You might need to size down then. If I'm understanding correctly
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:39:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#46]

Micro molle belts like Ronon, Tyr, and Eagle are awesome.

One wrap is over rated outside of comms cable management. It's popular bc guys hooked their fanboy wagon to a company that doesn't put molle on their belt and need a way to attach stuff.

You're seeing a lot of non molle belts and one wrap bc this place is an eco chamber. Every forum has a company that their fans confuse engagement with a superior product concept.
View Quote

Wow! “ Lighten up Francis”.

There is room for both schools of thought here. This game is always evolving. Ronin, TYR, and Eagle are All good products, for sure, but they are not the be all end all. We are always trying to find ways to lighten the load and steamline gear. I’ve seen one wrap fail and I’ve seen a TYR Micro Molle belt fail as well.
Most of us chose the gear we buy based on the quality and reputation of the company selling it. That doesn’t make one a fanboy and using that term in an attempt to delegitimize anyone who tries to argue with you is foolish. If one wrap was truly that much inferior to a heavier bulkier belt, I would agree with you. My experience is different. Unlike many, I use the hell out of my gear and I can tell you that “one wrap” solves a lot of issues and allows one to really lighten the load without sacrificing a solid platform.

You should really try to be less hypocritical when calling people “fanboy’s” when you start your post out by saying; “Micro molle belts like Ronon, Tyr, and Eagle are awesome”. Kind of lumps you in as a fanboy.

Pic thread:

Cp
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:

View Quote

I have both for different purposes:

Esstac for range belt- holster, pistol mags, ready rifle mag, trauma kit, TQs

HSGI for a "recce"/out in the boonies belt- holster, trauma kit, pistol mag, 3x rifle mags, admin, 2x water bottles, TQs, bottle pouch used for sustainment items, Tactical Tailor suspenders

Even without the suspenders, the HSGI belt stays put- no sliding, riding, or rolling.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I dont care call me fan boy lol . I likes what I likes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I like Molle and Pals on my chest carrier and packs, and one wraps on my belts. I don't even know who this company is that I'm supposed to be a fanboi of

But when I'm using an inner and an outer belt system, it just makes more sense to be using the same thing that secures both belts together as a way to secure the items on the belt as well so there'd be more surface area contacting with the inner.

If this use of common sense makes me a fAnBoI by some overtly assertive person with a hair up his butt, then so be it I guess
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#50]
@js1977 what water bottle holder is that?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top