Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cheezzyizill:

Lol. I just ordered them last night.

They're on the way in a sense.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

Thanks for the link. Is there a benefit to using something that goes around the belt as opposed to attaching to the molle?

I would expect that it’s probably stronger, since molle is simply sewn on. Do the esstac loops allow the pouches to move around on the belt?
View Quote

I suggest the one wrap. By using it, you are increasing the surface area for the hook and loop to attach to. The whole molle belt for 'max retention!!!' is silly. One wrap is becoming more popular because of the slim profile and the additional belt retention because of the velcro as opposed to belt loops. Math is not hard. More surface area for the belt to grab onto equals better retention for the outer belt and pouches.

I used to use the loops until Ryan showed me the way and it makes sense.... Almost too much sense.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

I suggest the one wrap. By using it, you are increasing the surface area for the hook and loop to attach to. The whole molle belt for 'max retention!!!' is silly. One wrap is becoming more popular because of the slim profile and the additional belt retention because of the velcro as opposed to belt loops. Math is not hard. More surface area for the belt to grab onto equals better retention for the outer belt and pouches.

I used to use the loops until Ryan showed me the way and it makes sense.... Almost too much sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the link. Is there a benefit to using something that goes around the belt as opposed to attaching to the molle?

I would expect that it’s probably stronger, since molle is simply sewn on. Do the esstac loops allow the pouches to move around on the belt?

I love this because I had a similar experience.

Sometimes the internet can be tough to navigate because there's paid shills to parrot what's great. Sometimes companies like esstac are out there shooting with guys and telling them what they wanted the product to do, and also calling you fat and retarded.

Esstac shills like myself exist because esstac talks to me about their products and when I'm retarded says "You're being retarded, don't use that like this, we didn't design it for that. Use it this way"
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Sometimes the internet can be tough to navigate because there's paid shills to parrot what's great. Sometimes companies like esstac are out there shooting with guys and telling them what they wanted the product to do, and also calling you fat and retarded.

Esstac shills like myself exist because esstac talks to me about their products and when I'm retarded says "You're being retarded, don't use that like this, we didn't design it for that. Use it this way"
View Quote

You should post a how-to guide, so those of us interested in some KYWIs don’t have to ask retarded questions about mounting options!
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

You should post a how-to guide, so those of us interested in some KYWIs don’t have to ask retarded questions about mounting options!
View All Quotes

Basically it was me being at East and Stu saying "Why are you using belt loops? I made those for when you want our pouches on a regular belt"
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ryan helped me attach my hydration carrier too, but while I will thank him for it, it is a bitch to attach properly for a retard like me
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Exactly. The surface area alone is worth using one wrap. My gun game belt has a ton of mag pouches. The plastic belt loops or malice clips made the mag side of my belt sag because there was not enough contact with the velcro.

Guys who run minimal stuff on their belt may not have that problem, but I use One Wrap regardless.
This picture is without my angled mag pouch. That is a ton of space to lose contact with if you are doing something that requires moving.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Exactly. The surface area alone is worth using one wrap. My gun game belt has a ton of mag pouches. The plastic belt loops or malice clips made the mag side of my belt sag because there was not enough contact with the velcro.

Guys who run minimal stuff on their belt may not have that problem, but I use One Wrap regardless.
This picture is without my angled mag pouch. That is a ton of space to lose contact with if you are doing something that requires moving.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323787/belt_jpg-2229147.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323787/belt_jpg-2229147.JPG

My BFG pouches came with 1 wrap. I’ll give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Too funny
Cp
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mustangfreek] [#10]
Ok
Long time lurker and am finally ordering a belt setup this weekend. Well the basics at least.. Help

___Looking at 2 belts

-Esstac enhanced shooters belt of molle  blue alpha?

—then..Is the molle much better, needed/worth it?

Either belt more comfortable?

__Pouches

-Ordering kywis, gap ones better?

One wrap still the preferred way to mount?

Dump pouch
—looking hard at the flatline setup

__ Med Kit

--just want a small setup
—need suggestions here

Holster
—was gonna do a no retention setup , but now going to do one I’m thinking.

—So what safari land works for Glock 19 with threaded barrel?
— and will that one work with a g17?

Help me spend money..
Advice , jabs, etc All welcomed
As I really hate buying shit twice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 7:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#11]
Originally Posted By mustangfreek:
Ok
Long time lurker and am finally ordering a belt setup this weekend. Well the basics at least.. Help

___Looking at 2 belts

-Esstac enhanced shooters belt of molle  blue alpha?  Esstac for sure, much lighter and accomplishes everything without bulking it up.

—then..Is the molle much better, needed/worth it? Molle is old technology, sucks for belts, and is not needed. 1 wrap rules!!!!

Either belt more comfortable? Esstac

__Pouches

-Ordering kywis, gap ones better? Depends on what mags you run and how big the base plates are really. I run a Sig and prefer the Gap

One wrap still the preferred way to mount? See above

Dump pouch
—looking hard at the flatline setup.  Esstac Duh 🙄

__ Med Kit. Esstac Duh, small of back shit sucks. . 😜

--just want a small setup
—need suggestions here

Holster
—was gonna do a no retention setup , but now going to do one I’m thinking.

—So what safari land works for Glock 19 with threaded barrel?   You are on your own there, Safariland rules but too many option for me to list here…. Use their holster builder online..
— and will that one work with a g17?

Help me spend money..
Advice , jabs, etc All welcomed
As I really hate buying shit twice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 7:53:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#12]
Originally Posted By Lucky_Day:
I have that belt; slick idea with the zip ties.
View Quote

I am zip tying everything on mine to keep it tight and keep it from falling off. That includes my esstac stuff.  

I need to repackage my IFAK, my issued one is way too bulky.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone with the MHA have issues with it tearing up your pants? I'm thinking my getting in and out of the vehicle might be the cause. Thinking about putting something on the back to cover the screws.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Anyone with the MHA have issues with it tearing up your pants? I'm thinking my getting in and out of the vehicle might be the cause. Thinking about putting something on the back to cover the screws.
View Quote

File the screw heads down perhaps?

Mine are rounded hex head and are very smooth. I’m just putting my belt together, so I’m just sharing what I’m using, not experiences with it. I believe that the screws came with the qls or my Safariland holster.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright, I told y’all I was putting together my first belt, so here’s where I’m at currently.

Blue Alpha Molle belt (1.75) with low profile/edc inner belt.

True North Concepts mha

Safariland 6395rds-2832 with qls and nub mod

Blue Force Gear double pistol pouch and low rise m4 pouch. I bought a 2nd m4 pouch but I’m not sure if I’m going to mount it just yet.

Mechanix Fasfit gloves on Nitize s-biner.

G45 got a Shield Arms +5 extension and a Surefire x-300a.

I’ve got a couple of classes scheduled next month. 1 is carbine and the other is pistol, so I’ll get an opportunity to pressure test this stuff and not just dry fire/larp.

Next is a Coyote Tactical burrito and an RMR.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Alright, I told y’all I was putting together my first belt, so here’s where I’m at currently.

Blue Alpha Molle belt (1.75) with low profile/edc inner belt.

True North Concepts mha

Safariland 6395rds-2832 with qls and nub mod

Blue Force Gear double pistol pouch and low rise m4 pouch. I bought a 2nd m4 pouch but I’m not sure if I’m going to mount it just yet.

Mechanix Fasfit gloves on Nitize s-biner.

G45 got a Shield Arms +5 extension and a Surefire x-300a.

I’ve got a couple of classes scheduled next month. 1 is carbine and the other is pistol, so I’ll get an opportunity to pressure test this stuff and not just dry fire/larp.

Next is a Coyote Tactical burrito and an RMR.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/511664/9F9B1004-19CB-4006-8BEF-BBB307E36F47_jpe-2232311.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/511664/067324AC-8C77-4F9C-8CF8-013A95B65168_jpe-2232313.JPG
View Quote

With all the re-indexing going on, those mag pouches are going to be a PITA when taking a class.

Not to sound like a broken record but I'd go with the Esstac 2+1 GAP.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:56:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flgfish] [#17]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
With all the re-indexing going on, those mag pouches are going to be a PITA when taking a class.

View Quote

I have some.  They get fiddlesome for sure, but they are light and minimalistic.  I swapped to Esstac.  
I’d also set up the pouches with one wrap.   Been there, done that too.  One wrap is tight to the belt and there is no play in the draw.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Just wanted to post this in case anyone was looking for a solution.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By flgfish:

I have some.  They get fiddlesome for sure, but they are light and minimalistic.  I swapped to Esstac.  
I’d also set up the pouches with one wrap.   Been there, done that too.  One wrap is tight to the belt and there is no play in the draw.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flgfish:
Originally Posted By PFran42:

I’ve thought about that. Doesn’t seem to be very difficult during dry fire, but I can see where the Esstac might be easier. So far I just press the mag into the top of the pouch above the elastic and it slides right in there. The rifle pouch is a bit more fussy when it comes to that, but it’s still really easy to get it in there (that’s what she said).

I played with trying to one wrap using the molle, but I’ll try the malice clips for a bit and see how it goes. I keep seeing people saying that they poke them but they don’t really touch me but barely, and it’s the soft “tail” portion of the clip. I also saw where y’all were wrapping the one wrap around the whole belt. I’d like to try that.

First class I’ll be able to get to will be middle of next month, so I’ll be able to test everything. I will happily report any challenges or issues I have.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:43:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#22]
Got out with a buddy who was copying my plate carrier and ran some drills to shake out the gear

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Are you saying that this is for sale?  Also, what is it?
View Quote
Wait what? Mine isn't for sale.  I was just showing a solution for the people who own a med pouch "blowout style" by having a cheap solution to keeping everything together and organized.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Got out with a buddy who was copying my plate carrier and ran some drills to shake out the gear

View Quote

Good stuff. Get dirty!

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

I dompted the insert and used a ziplock bag. It all stays dry and you lose most of the bulk.
View Quote
That's a great solution too!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#28]

I dompted the insert and used a ziplock bag. It all stays dry and you lose most of the bulk.
View Quote

Well shit. Now I'm gonna have to rethink the one I have...
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:50:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#29]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

These are the brand that come with the CTS Burritos, they’re pretty heavy duty and can be filled then compressed very well by hand.

Not included in pic is a pair of disposable gloves that also fit inside it.
Attachment Attached File

Next to various NAR bandages for size reference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#30]

These are the brand that come with the CTS Burritos, they’re pretty heavy duty and can be filled then compressed very well by hand.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483179/4608F629-305D-4388-B217-28866A317861_jpe-2237688.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483179/32C40015-B607-4C35-82FB-923565890DF7_jpe-2237689.JPG
View Quote

What size of loksak did you go with? Or was provided with the CTS burrito?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:56:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#31]
Originally Posted By Andrewc_c:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Andrewc_c:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483179/4608F629-305D-4388-B217-28866A317861_jpe-2237688.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483179/32C40015-B607-4C35-82FB-923565890DF7_jpe-2237689.JPG

The Burrito came with 6X6. I picked up some extra 6X6s recently too for use with other stuff because I liked them so much. Because of free shipping, eBay had/has some of the best prices delivered, they also have packages with various sizes that the manufacturer didn’t offer.

Actual inner dimensions of 6X6s
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#33]

@hatexoc
Who makes the flashlight holster? I’m not having much luck finding a light/multitool combo soft pouch like I want without a 9 week lead time. I may have to go with a kydex style.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I believe it was custom I bought it second hand. Sorry I can’t help more
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
I believe it was custom I bought it second hand. Sorry I can’t help more
View Quote

No worries, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:49:58 AM EDT
[#36]
which flash light and holster is this ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#37]

These are the brand that come with the CTS Burritos, they're pretty heavy duty and can be filled then compressed very well by hand.

View Quote
Just a heads up.  You may want to add a few more needles to that kit if you ever plan to actually use them on a tension pneumothorax.  It's not like the movies, one doesn't cut it, it's more like 3 to 4 and if you got a ways to transport, you better have more ready for replacing the ones that clog on you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By js1977:
Just a heads up.  You may want to add a few more needles to that kit if you ever plan to actually use them on a tension pneumothorax.  It's not like the movies, one doesn't cut it, it's more like 3 to 4 and if you got a ways to transport, you better have more ready for replacing the ones that clog on you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By js1977:

These are the brand that come with the CTS Burritos, they're pretty heavy duty and can be filled then compressed very well by hand.

Thanks for the info! I have a few spares in my supplemental supplies on my PC and in my bag.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one, although mine isn't necessarily from the screws.  The edge of the plate rubs my pants seam.  I haven't worn it enough yet to have a problem, but I think it's going to be a problem.  At the very least it's annoying every time my leg goes back in stride.  I've tried to move the holster around on my belt, but anything that mitigates the problem puts the holsters too far away from where I'm used to drawing from.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Eight:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, although mine isn't necessarily from the screws.  The edge of the plate rubs my pants seam.  I haven't worn it enough yet to have a problem, but I think it's going to be a problem.  At the very least it's annoying every time my leg goes back in stride.  I've tried to move the holster around on my belt, but anything that mitigates the problem puts the holsters too far away from where I'm used to drawing from.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eight:

It's weird because there really aren't any sharp edges that I feel on the back of the MHA. I may just go back to my low ride UBL with pad if I can't find a easy solution. The MHA is nice, but I found the leg strap adapter pretty much useless and uncomfortable. It also didn't really offer much over a UBL except easier height adjustment and removal. I don't really need either of those features once I have everything setup.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#41]

I really like your setup and tools. That vertical medical “tube” is different than what I’ve seen. Most seem to be more horizontal. Can you share with me what I’m looking at? Is it a turnkey solution or improvised?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: x_red_beard_x] [#42]
Picture of my old kit. Been messing around with my belt a bunch lately. Trying to wear it more often. I have pretty much ditched the rifle mag pouch, medical kit and holster. I don’t hardly use the rubberized inner belt anymore. Switched to Safariland holsters, True North MPA, and Esstac rifle mag. I’m still debating on the correct medical pouch. I wear an ankle kit most of the time, however when I’m wearing tall muck boots, I don’t. So I figure I need to have a medical kit on the belt. I’m thinking about the LBT pouches, but haven’t decided.

I bounce back and forth between Esstac and HSGI pistol mags pouches. I like the HSGI since I run a 1911 often and I don’t like having to changing the mag pouches depending on the gun I’m taking. Anyways, I might jump back to the Esstacs as I’m shooting Glocks more often.

I'll post where it's at now a days...
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#43]
still working on mine.

Attachment Attached File

My IFAK is bulky and I need to get a smaller pack and thin it down so it can mount up and I need a dump along with one esstac AR mag pouch.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ErikS:
still working on mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/A5269794-5E21-43E5-AFCF-F060ED5C6555_jpe-2243900.JPG

My IFAK is bulky and I need to get a smaller pack and thin it down so it can mount up and I need a dump along with one esstac AR mag pouch.
View Quote

What kind holster is that
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bsemler:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ErikS:
still working on mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/A5269794-5E21-43E5-AFCF-F060ED5C6555_jpe-2243900.JPG

Pretty sure it’s a Blackhawk Omnivore.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Omnivore

It lets you use the same holster with different guns.

Thumb release. Level 2. You need your guns to have a pic rail on them for the common tab the holster latches on.

The make them for lights and they latch onto the light.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

New civilian setup.  HSGI slim laser belt, some ESSTAC pistol and rifle pouches (going away from my usual HSGI), a BFG Micro Trauma Kit, a Safariland Model 6360rds ALS/SLS Mid-ride holster with True North Modular Holster Adapter plate.  Sig P320 Pro with Sig Pro and X300V.  Coming from an old HSGI Suregrip and a bunch of tacos/HSGI gear for deployment setup.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I think I know but want to confirm before I order

Does the 6354 fit a 19 with threaded barrel?

What about the tlr7a?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#49]

What about the tlr7a?
View Quote

To fit a threaded barrel on the 19 version you'd have to take out the barrel plug from the bottom. You can replace it with Huge Industries' replacement part if you want.

They don't make a tlr7a holster, but I hear the TLR-1/x300 holsters should fit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#50]

What about the tlr7a?
View Quote

Buy the 17 version and it should fit a threaded barrel.

At least on my 6360 it works.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top