Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 6:30:57 PM EDT
Anyone used the Leapers UTG Tactical Vest?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=VEST-170

Or the Blackwater ZIP Vest?

http://www.botachtactical.com/blzipvewm4ma.html

Read the Molle and Chest rig threads and wanted some suggestions/comments.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
check SKD out, both of those rigs are made in china, and while some say thats ok, I dont like that.  SKD is great for shipping and price.  They also have some really well made rigs from reputable companies here in the US.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What purpose?

Vests are hot, difficult to dump if emergency arises, and the quality of that CTD/Leapers is junk.    Non-mil spec materials sewn with questionable thread by who knows who.

Save your money or buy GI surplus.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a BW and let me tell you my wonderful experience with it.

First off, I dont just buy taci-cool stuff, I like to use it.  I dont just shoot on clear sunny days, when it snows, rains, whatever..I love to "test" my gear.

So its a cold ass day (mid 60s for SoCal...lol) and its raining. Great day for some mud on the gun.  Got this new vest, lets go play.

Long story short....who ever thought of using rain-guard on pockets WITHOUT drain holes is an idiot.  About 1 hour into the shoot, my buddy just starts laughing and tells me to cut freaking drain holes in the pockets, cuz I looked like a Mall fountain running the course...lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL, love the story.  Thanks for sharing.

Purpose is mainly for range shooting and possibly some hunting.  (And when the zombies show up).

I have also read about Molle and other rigs.  Just trying to find something under $100 that is a good all purpose use.  Good point about vests getting hot and will check out the SKD stuff.  Was looking pretty hard at the Eagle universal chest rig they have listed then saw in this forum about the new eagle active shooter rig.  Didn't know if I would be better off with the "new"model.

Thanks again for suggestions, opinions and comments.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#5]
If you know nothing about MOLLE gear, start with this thread for looking at inexpensive gear that DOES work:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=270564
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
For a great universal chest rig, you can't beat this. It is made by Eagle, the same people that make a ton of SOF's gear, and is a near perfect place to start.

Skiddy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top