Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2009 9:00:37 AM EDT
Already did the forum search and couldn't find anything. Anybody had any experience with these? Order one from Everayla.com but haven't got it yet, I wanted to get a TacForce or Blackhawk but didn't want to spend more that $100. If I like this one I will probably order a TacForce when this one falls apart. I am 5"9 150lbs with a 29 inch waist, not sure about my chest but its bigger than 29 for sure, got the V shape going. I am worried the vest will be too big and loose. Anybody roughly my size like vests or chest rigs better? I am not looking to go over seas and whip some ass just some training on my own and maybe shtf purposes.  I like the idea of having the pistol locataion on the cross draw but just worried about the fit. I know its adjustable but still. ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks,

WD
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive seen the ones made by Blackhawk. They seem very well constructed and they have a good reputation from what i have heard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
FWIW I know several instructors that won't allow them on their ranges, because you're pointing your muzzle directly at the person next to you as you clear leather nylon. They'd rather you wear thigh or belt rigs.

I've also seen several folks with CIRAS's that mount pistols in the location. Seems they're always the warrant service guys.

As always, YMMV.

I see your point there, If i don't like it I will be getting a thigh rig and get a better MOLLE system vest. Maybe a plate carrier MOLLE system vest. . My crossdraw should be here thursday or friday, it was cheaper than TacFoce and Blackhawks so my hopes aren't too high on the quality durability aspect but i am also hoping i will be pleasantly surprised..
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Just received my Cross Draw Vest from Everayla.com. I am pleased with the product and very very pleased with Everayla Outdoors. I had a question, e-mailed them and had a response within an hour. Good customer service.  

Now to the vest, its ACU camo, (wanted coyote tan but ACU will work too) construction is professional and well put together. The materials seem high quality except fot the zipper, cheap plastic. Although for me it will be suffecient. One thing I like is the pistol holster is removable via velcro and button snaps so I can put more mag pouches there using the MOLLE system. Came with a belt that goes around the bottom of the vest and haven't decided if I will use it or take it off, it is removable with velcro and  button snaps.

I am 5'9" 150lbs with a 29 inch waist, not a real big guy, (although i can bench 275 and squat 350+, sorry don't want ya'll thinking i am too much of a scrawny punk) but the vest has side adjustments and shoulder adjustments, I have them sinched all the way up and the vest fits snug and perfect. Going to take some time before I am familiar with where the pistol mag pouches and AR15 mag pouches are located and I can perform reloads fast and effectively. Going to buy a Sig Mosquito so I can practice with .22lr, already have a ciener .22lr conversion kit for my ar with two BDM mags, going to get atleast two more very soon.

I know some people don't like the cross draw system but it is my first try at some tactical gear and for around $50 its perfect. I don't plan on being a professional military contractor or mercenary or anything of the such. But this will serve its purpose with me if SHTF/WROL ever actually does happen. Just my opinion on the Everayla Cross Draw Vest. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top