Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2009 8:43:56 PM EDT
Up to 900 Lumens for some of these with continuous use for 2 hours, are these anygood, why aren't they more popular?  

Tactical HID

FENIX

Olight

Eagle Tac

Jetbeam
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Fenix to be a good name, but ive never heard of any of the others.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the guys on my team has a couple Fenix lights.  He likes them, and I liked them enough that I just ordered one for myself.  I've typically been a SureFire (SF) guy, but those have been bought for me...

My only gripe with the Fenix is the "reverse" clickie tailcap.  The light doesn't come on until you release the fully depressed tailcap.  So: press -> click -> release -> light.  Totally different from the SF design in which the light activates before the switch is even fully depressed (press -> light), then stays on through the click and release.  I believe the SF design is better for gross motor manipulation and defensive situations.  I just got the Fenix for GP use... it is not replacing any of my SFs.

Good luck!
-Randy
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Multiple Fenix owner, it's a quality light .
I  have a L1T w/a momentary switch,rest are reverse clicky.
Use 4sevens to buy ,with a savings code available @ candlepowerforums .
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up getting a surefire p6 with the malkoff M60 dropin.  hope this turns out well.  Now my only problem is finding batteries around here, I guess I'm gonna have to order those to.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 fenix, I like them but have no rough use.  they are 1 year old with no trouble
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now my only problem is finding batteries around here, I guess I'm gonna have to order those to.

Best Buy is your friend...
Every now and then they run a sale on the lithiums.. 2 for $1.89

CXS
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now my only problem is finding batteries around here, I guess I'm gonna have to order those to.

Best Buy is your friend...
Every now and then they run a sale on the lithiums.. 2 for $1.89

CXS

Thats not bad at all.  I just found out some great news to, here at work they will supply us with sf123's.  I also took the plunge and bought one of the new streamlight stingers C4 LED DS.  time to upgrade my 10 Y/O stinger.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the surefire 6p, dropped the malkoff m60 into it, and I was not very impressed, until i shined the light in my eyes, its been an hour and I still see spots.  after comparing to some other lights I can see the difference.

now just waiting on my stinger led ds.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#9]
The fenix I had was OK, and tons of people swear by them, but I wasn't impressed with it.  You can't beat a surefire for a quality light IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top