Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:42:12 AM EDT
What sort of gear setup do you use for carrying mags/gear?  chest rigs?  Molle rigs?  Belt pouches?   I currently have a molle vest w/ 4 single mag pouches low on the front panel and a smallish utility pouch on the left side panel.  I'll see if i can post up a pic later, but show your rigs, and if there are any reccomendations for equipment in that department, feel free to post it up>

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using Emdom MOLLE AK mag pouches on a Tactical Tailor chest rig. I've got 4 mag pouches and a dump pouch on that setup.

The Emdom pouches work great for either 2 AK mags or 3 AR mags. I run AK mags right side up and they fit the Emdom pouches just fine that way. BSW
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The general rule of thumb is "Train As You Fight, Fight As You Train..."

Having said that, you should train with what you plan on having on hand when you have to deal with "the real thing." If you have a chest rig with some mag pouches, go with that.

If you are just looking to have some fun living out your warrior fantasies, then get whatever plate carrier, chest rig, whatever setup you want.

(no flame intended here what-so-ever...it is what it is and aint nuthin' wrong with wanting to do that)

Or...as a first timer at a course, you might try going with belt mounted mag carriers (Blade Tech, for one). This allows you to focus on the shooting/learning aspect of the course and keep the gear part of the equation to a minimum.

Also, you have to consider the course it self. If it is a Basic or entry level carbine course, you more than likely do not need to carry more than a couple of magazines on your person at any given time.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I use belt pouches.

I own a lot of different chest rigs, plate carriers, drop leg holsters, etc. but have found the simple belt holster and belt pouches to be the most practical. I don't even use a MOLLE belt or anything––a Wilderness Instructor belt holds them just fine.

ETA: For AR mags, I like the Tactical Tailor and DBT single mag shingles. For competitions, I like to stack two shingles on top of each other then a Mexpedition Rolly Polly on top of that to use as a dump pouch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#5]
OSOE CQB subload on an Eagle belt.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Stuff from work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been running an HSGI "Popper" for more than a year now..
But I am currently looking at setting up a HSGI Padded Belt with ITW Fast Mags and some other type of Friction retention based pistol mag pouches..
I have not found the "end-all" set up yet.. But I have been VERY happy with the HSGI "Popper"..
I just want to try something different..

CXS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top