Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2009 6:18:39 AM EDT
Hey everybody.
I am an infantryman going to Afghanistan and I would like some recommendations for an open top double M4 mag pouch that will hold PMAGs well.  The 'shingle' style open top pouches are also a possibility. I also need a good admin pouch, nothing very big but can hold a few essentials (light, pen/pad, random small items).

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Per the suggestion above, go the SKD site, and look at the HSGI universal magazine pouches.  (or go to www.hsgi.us)

The should easily hold 2, and might hold 3 pmags each.  

The tactical tailor 3 mag shingle will also hold pmags.  

EndomUsa.com has a little admin puch that might work for you http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=19

Be safe...
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the HSGI universal bungees on the front of my armor.  With 1 single and 1 double it can be expanded to 9 mags.  But it fits the stand 6 on the armor and 1 in the gun perfectly.

If I have to go back to a billet where I have to carry 12 mags, all it takes is added another double universal under my support side arm of my armor.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The guys above have already said what I was going to about HSGI MOTD's...

CXS
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]

How’s this for an admin panel: Original S.O.E. - Admin Panel

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I forgot to mention they have to be available in ACU.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I forgot to mention they have to be available in ACU.

http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG-MOTD&cat=20

http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG%2FMMAP&cat=17

CXS
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Damon, let me check with a buddy who ran PMags his last tour, and see what he used. I THINK he used ATS shingles, but aren't sure. Milspec Monkey and ATS both have good admin pouches. Which one you want depends on whether or not you want your green book to ride in it or not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I've experienced some hang ups with mags like Lancers and Pmags, style with the ribbing on the out side of the mags, when using double mag pouches. I would stick with the single shingle pouches. My opinion of coarse.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Single DBT Battlelab cases with the bungee retentionhaven't failed me.  I've also put adhesive non-slip stair tread tape on my PMAGs so they aren't as slippery with gloves on... That also helps keep them in too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top