Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2008 2:55:34 AM EDT
Can anyone give me some basic info on how MOLLE gear works?

I was looking into getting some vests but i want something that will last, and I only ever hear good things about MOLLE, so I figure i would ask
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 3:07:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BB868] [#1]

did you read through any of the 30 pages worth of threads here
there is a LOT of info there

molle is an acronym, not a brand. it allow's you to put stuff, i.e. your pouch's, where you want them to go, to work for you the way you want.

you have to 'weave' the straps on the pouches through the PALS webbing

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 3:13:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BB868:

did you read through any of the 30 pages worth of threads here
there is a LOT of info there

molle is an acronym, not a brand. it allow's you to put stuff, i.e. your pouch's, where you want them to go, to work for you the way you want.

Hence why I put "noob" in the title.. but thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 3:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Spankadin:

Hence why I put "noob" in the title.. but thanks for the help.

and thats why I was not as mean as usual

but really, read through a shit load of the threads, and you will learn a lot, and ask a better question in the future
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 3:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Well thanks!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
easy...
cheaperthandirt.com

all the MOLLE you need
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Amped:
easy...
cheaperthandirt.com

all the MOLLE you need

in most case's I would not recomend CTD, but in this case I would cause if the OP is not sure about this stuff, he might as well 'experiment' with cheaper stuff

hell depending on what he wants to do with it, the cheaper stuff might be 'good enough'
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
clue up noob  BB was tendering an oft-ignored bit of advice for a noob

laziness will only get you so far
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Cheaperthandirts molle stuff is FAIL.  I'm sorry, maybe it works for some people, but I've had a couple of the AR mag pouches go down, and a really worthless vest rig that kinda fell apart after virtually no use.  They took really good care of me on the mag pouches, just send out new ones no questions asked, but its still crap gear, no matter how good the CS is.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By eggrolly:

There's a difference between laziness and time management.  There is A LOT of information on ARFCOM.

Sometimes it is more efficient to just ask someone who knows the answer rather than wasting hours of your time trying to find a needle answer amidst a haystack of online chit chat.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Feanor:

There's a difference between laziness and time management.  There is A LOT of information on ARFCOM.

Sometimes it is more efficient to just ask someone who knows the answer rather than wasting hours of your time trying to find a needle answer amidst a haystack of online chit chat.

well to those of us that are "regulars" here, it get's real old fielding the same question over and over and over, ( ya know, that waste hours of OUR time ) when 90% of the info that they are looking for ( at least the 'noob's' ) is right here in the threads.  just read through the thread titles, and see what one's sound like what you are looking for, you don't have to read them all, but doing that also helps cut down on the follow up clutter like-" Ok, now I want a molle chest rig, what do I get ?"

now, if after some 'research' of your own, you ask-"I want either a MAV or the SKD rig, what are the pros and con's of each" then fine, people who own them can comment to help you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Can someone please explain to me in fine detail about MOLLE and what setup is best?  TIA!

Just kidding!
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#12]

You guys are just so very, very mean! Your behavior may diswade him from actually ponying up a few bucks so he can use the "Search Function" available to Team Members.

Now you all go to your corners...

...have drink...

...and think about how you've treated our new friend.

Note to Self: Sometimes being a smart-ass actually gives you a cramp

Link Posted: 2/10/2009 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RidgeDog:
You guys are just so very, very mean! Your behavior may diswade him from actually ponying up a few bucks so he can use the "Search Function" available to Team Members.

it cost's ZERO to scroll through the pages and LOOK at the post that already exist  and maybe find an answer
to another question
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Go with whatcha know

I still use 782 gear

worked for me 24 years ago & works fine for me now......

No need to be tacti-cool
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 9:43:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheFlynDutchman] [#15]
Originally Posted By BB868:
Originally Posted By Feanor:

well to those of us that are "regulars" here, it get's real old fielding the same question over and over and over, ( ya know, that waste hours of OUR time ) when 90% of the info that they are looking for ( at least the 'noob's' ) is right here in the threads.  just read through the thread titles, and see what one's sound like what you are looking for, you don't have to read them all, but doing that also helps cut down on the follow up clutter like-" Ok, now I want a molle chest rig, what do I get ?"

now, if after some 'research' of your own, you ask-"I want either a MAV or the SKD rig, what are the pros and con's of each" then fine, people who own them can comment to help you.

I can feel for the guy though......

Took me a good month or so to figure out how shit worked on this site.....

Im learning new crap every day....some even usefull !

Link Posted: 2/10/2009 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#16]
a range master friend of mine took the time to help out a guy that wanted to shoot some of his full auto toys when the Fudds tried running said guy off. 2 years later the range gets shut down. the guy with the toys buys a nice piece of property and opens a new range nd hires my buddy to run it. sometimes it pays not to be an ass
Link Posted: 2/11/2009 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By coldair:
a range master friend of mine took the time to help out a guy that wanted to shoot some of his full auto toys when the Fudds tried running said guy off. 2 years later the range gets shut down. the guy with the toys buys a nice piece of property and opens a new range nd hires my buddy to run it. sometimes it pays not to be an ass

HUGE +1

The shooting/gun owners society is too small as it is. Being the "knowitalllookingdownyournoseasshat" will just put people off and we'll all end up suffering in the end.
Link Posted: 2/14/2009 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Skipping over a post that you don't want to answer is free and takes up none of your time either.  Most members on here don't mind answering questions that some"regulars" consider beneath them.  Who knows you can sometimes learn something new.  Maybe when I grow up I will be a "iknoweveryfuckinthingwhydontyou" too.  We need all the gun owners in the country on this site and there are better ways to make that happen than being a jack-ass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 10:14:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BB868] [#19]
Originally Posted By Muddiver:
Skipping over a post that you don't want to answer is free and takes up none of your time either.  Most members on here don't mind answering questions that some"regulars" consider beneath them.  Who knows you can sometimes learn something new.  Maybe when I grow up I will be a "iknoweveryfuckinthingwhydontyou" too.  We need all the gun owners in the country on this site and there are better ways to make that happen than being a jack-ass.

did any one bother to notice that this thread was some 6 weeks old, the question asked and answered,and done with, yet was bumped
to the top for some dumbass reason, and the people 'offended' are ones that never or rarely post here

answering the question has NOTHING to do with being "beneath" them ( notice how I answered the question, with a pic ) and
everything to do with cutting down on REPEAT questions. My statement of read through the threads already here would-

1) cut down on repeats
2) get you on the way of being "iknoweveryfuckinthingwhydontyou" ya know cause there is a lot on info already here, all you have to do is...read it.
3) Who knows you can sometimes learn something new. see #2
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]
This thread is hardly worthy of its tack as a "Noob's guide to MOLLE".

MOLLE and PALS aren't defined and there are better color pictures elsewhere..

I'm just saying....

MOLLE Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOLLE

PALS Pouch Attachment Ladder System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PALS_webbing
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#21]
yeah  i didnt learn shit...
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Huh?

CXS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top