Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 5:06:06 PM EDT
I have front and rear Kevlar panels that a friend gave to me. The rear panel wraps around the sides for side protection.

I was hoping to find some sort of MOLLE type carrier that would hold the armor, and give me an option to put rifle plates in as well. I want it to have MOLLE so I can mount some magazine holders on it.

I've looked at a few carriers that look like they would work, but I don't know if the armor panels will fit or not. Is the armor a universal shape and fit? How do I go about getting the right setup?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
is it soft armor or actual plates? check skd's website for good references. if they are actually plates look at both the eagle plate carrier with cumberbund and the hsgi weestach (one of which is on the ee for around $100 atm)
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Armor is not a universal shape.  It would probably be helpful if you posted some pictures.  There is a plethora of various carriers that will meet your needs once you determine what cut your armor is.

How old is the armor?  Do you know how it's been used and stored?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
By ther way he describd it, it sounds older.   Some of the older vest model, the rear panel wrapped around to the front anf the front panel was smaller.  I suppse the idea was comfort or back protection.  

Most modern armor  (last5-7 years or so) has gotten away from that and made the patterns more 50/50 to give you equal protection front and back.

Poster above is right, there are quite a few out there will do the job, from 75 dollar import jobs to stout 300 dollar domestic units.

I run a Condor PC from CheaperthanDirt.   Works well and has the room to hold sevaral different types of soft armor (includeing plates).  I have run older and currently, brand new panels in it with plenty of room.  Slides in velcro pockets, go to go.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll post pictures of the panels later this afternoon. Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top