Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2008 12:46:50 PM EDT
I`m looking to get a vest for my RPK. It needs to carry 40rd mags as well as a drum or two.

What are my options?
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
haha. have you wieghed a drum or two, plus 40 round magazines? you won't be carrying that on a vest... or at least not very far. get yourself a pack. down grade to 30 round magazines and you'll be fine with any ak setup that has been reviewed on this board. see chest rig quick reference guide at the top.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
No offense Calicao, but the Poles do it that way, and so do the russians for 40 rounders...

Miwo Military is a Polish company that has a Molle-like system with drum and 40 round RPK pouches.  I don't think there is a current importer, but apparently some guys have been able to order from their poish website by figuring out the part number they needed and translating their english email to polish via bablefish.

[ETA]  ther E Germans made a belt mounted pouch for the drum that is around $6-10 if you look on ebay or gunbroker, and the Chinese green canvas drum opuch has a sling- probably the easiest/best way to carry.  I think Cheaper Than Dirt has those for the $12 each. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AKS231-1.html

the Russians also have a couple of vests/chest rigs that carry the 40 rounders.  here are some good sites to peruse:

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstvests.html

http://www.redsoldier.com/All-Products/Tactical-Vests

http://www.russiancombatgear.com/tacticalvests.php
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#3]
if you want miwo items post over at theakforum.net as there is an importer (or was) over there.

i still stand behind that's a lot of weight to put on a vest.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
if you want miwo items post over at theakforum.net as there is an importer (or was) over there.

i still stand behind that's a lot of weight to put on a vest.

I won't disgaree with that, and I personally would not want to strap a drum to my vest, that is for sure.  But there are options if that is what he has his heart set on.

Having carried a drum with my Yugo RPK, I definitley would push someone to use the chinese drum pouch, or at least the the E German belt pouch.  40 rounder mags really aren't that much heavier/bigger than the 30 rounders, so if someone is comfortable carrying 4x 30 rounders on a chest rig I don't think 4x 40 rounders are going to break them.

(Personally for me, anymore than 4x 30 round AR mags and I get crabby and my back hurts )
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
the 40s have problems fitting in most of the pouches unless it's a shingle. which hsgi now produces.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#6]
You giuys see the Grad 2 gunner!!!!!

It says it`ll hold 8 count them 8 RPK mags!!!!

It does say 45rounders.... The 7.62x39 40rd mags should fit right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Kisara dat looks bad azz! Does that hold 40rd mags? Where did you get that from?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
the 40s have problems fitting in most of the pouches unless it's a shingle. which hsgi now produces.

Don't jump the gun yet..
Still in the T&E phase..

CXS
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#11]
This is what i use for my RPK...

It's a SKD Eagle AK chest rig it holds only three 40 round mags but it works very well.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#12]
The Tactical tailor overun at rainer arms I was told would hold 40 rounders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top