Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2008 1:07:47 PM EDT
Any one have any feedback on these yet?  I know they are pretty new, but LA Police gear is running a deal where you get a free flashlight if you order 2 pair.  I was thinking about placing an order, but would like to hear from some one that may have some info on these.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Heh, I got in on that deal. I was on the fence, then saw the email, and said "meh, I'll do it"

I'll post some pics when they arrive. until then, peep out Milspec Monkey's page.
Second review down.

EDIT:

Got mine in today. First impression is that I like them. Exactly what I was expecting. I am pleased they are symmetrical, it somehow makes it easier for me remember where I put stuff.

As an aside, is it just me or does Tru-spec stuff run a little small? A Propper medium-reg will fall off my waist but I BARELY fit into a set of Tru-spec med-reg multicams.
I got a pair of size 34 waists for the 24-7 pants and again I have a bare amount of wiggle room. I can typically fit myself and my carry piece in size 34 jeans with room to spare. Just an observation.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Guys at Tactical Applications Group Swear By them.
I was gonna order some, but am losing weight and don't want to have pants too big..

CXS
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice review, I think I will order 2 pair to try out.  If nothing else, I get a G2 out of the deal.  Seriously though, they look pretty good, they don't cost as much as Blackhawk or Woolrich, so it can't hurt to try a couple of pair out.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got a pair of the  Olive trousers and two pair of shorts, Olive and Coyote.  I don't have any of the 9-11 or Woolrich Tacticals to compare.  Got any specific questions?

So far, stitching is good.  Velcro on the pockets is pretty stout.  Extra button at the top of the zipper fly may or may not be cool with you.  

Fit is somewhere between regular jeans but not quite relaxed fit.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just got a pair of the  Olive trousers and two pair of shorts, Olive and Coyote.  I don't have any of the 9-11 or Woolrich Tacticals to compare.  Got any specific questions?

So far, stitching is good.  Velcro on the pockets is pretty stout.  Extra button at the top of the zipper fly may or may not be cool with you.  

Would you say they compare with 5.11 pants?  That is what I am getting at.  They are in the same price range.  I still have 5.11 pants from when they were Royal Robbins, they are faded a bit, but still going.  Where did you get the shorts from?  I don't care for the 5.11 shorts.  Mainly how do they hold up to daily wear and tear.  I am a police officer/firearms instructor, and goto a lot of training myself to stay up to date with things and wear this type of clothing almost exclusively.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]
. . . just be aware of LAPoliceGear's return policy!  Its one of the most unforgiving in the business.

Don't believe me?  Read the reverse of your return form when the pants arrive.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you say they compare with 5.11 pants?  That is what I am getting at.  They are in the same price range.  I still have 5.11 pants from when they were Royal Robbins, they are faded a bit, but still going.  Where did you get the shorts from?  I don't care for the 5.11 shorts.  Mainly how do they hold up to daily wear and tear.  I am a police officer/firearms instructor, and goto a lot of training myself to stay up to date with things and wear this type of clothing almost exclusively.

I have a dealer account with Atlanco/Tru-Spec,  I actually ran a Group Buy on their Multicams last year.

The pants don't have the wide outer layer pocket for dropping mags.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#8]
that's what we need again. another multicam group buy. get each part down around the $25 mark....
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
that's what we need again. another multicam group buy. get each part down around the $25 mark....

Uh, not possible with the Tru-Spec 50/50s.  But certainly beat everybody else, including Walkinman.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1 I've got a set of the ACU cut in multicam. I want to get another but at around $60 a per item that's a little steep right now.

I'm also kindof interested in the urban digital but then I'd need to get all new gear chest rig ect.......
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I've got a set of the ACU cut in multicam. I want to get another but at around $60 a per item that's a little steep right now.

I'm also kindof interested in the urban digital but then I'd need to get all new gear chest rig ect.......

Just go with basic black to go with the black shoes with the urban digital ensemble!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I ran my olive trousers and shorts and the coyote shorts through the wash last night.   I'll go over them this weekend.   Most of the issues occur during laundering..shrinking, fading, seams separating, etc.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the heads-up on the pants/flashlight deal.  After looking at the milmonkey page the pants don't look bad.  I guess I'll find out for myself here in a bit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got a pair in black to try out, so far so good they're pretty comfortable and seem to work pretty well so far. To early to tell how well they'll stay together but I like em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top