Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 2:16:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Similar in some ways to SOTech's Falcon Mk3, but Diz's is actually sized to fit a person. :D
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks good.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you ballpark a price for us?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Similar in some ways to SOTech's Falcon Mk3, but Diz's is actually sized to fit a person. :D

Hey Tim - are the SOTech's oversized?  Undersized?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Lookin' good USMC03.  

SOTech makes some fine kit but there are those among us that are lean, mean, fighting machines and don't fit that 90 percentile.  The problem with the "Hellcat/Tomcat/Falcon" designs is that with 6 mags and 3 more slots on the sides, you are rapidly running out of waistline.  If you are lucky enough to have anywhere near a 30" waist, these rigs can be a bit much, especially with hydro pouch.  

You'll notice on the USMC03 rig that we did away with the side slots so you can get a more snug fit.  For a field expedient, you could rig slotted SR buckles into the side PALS webbing of the SOTech rigs to get a snug fit.  On some guys you could prolly do this without webbing in between!  If you ran two of them it would probably even stay shut.

The USMC03 rig runs $175.00.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This year I am changing up a few things in the way in which I run my guns and gear.

Several months ago I contacted Mike Dismuke (Diz) owner / operator of U/W Gear Waxhaw, NC.  Over the years Diz and I have had several long on line discussions about gear.  My initial idea was to have a custom rig simular to the Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV with X-Harness and Hydro pouch that I used several years ago.

What Diz designed is what he calls the "USMC03 rig", which is a slightly modified version of his "Minuteman" rig.

Front side of the rig (Tactical Tailor triple mag pouch and Maxpedition RollyPolly attached to PALS webbing on the mag pouches)

I recently wore this rig during two days of Pat Rogers Carbine Operators course.  The rig exceeded my expectations in both performance and comfort.

The quality of the craftmanship of the rig is top shelf.

After wearing a piece of gear for a couple days, most people will almost always find something that they want to change or have modified.  I am one of those people who are constantly changing or modifying gear to have it better suit my needs.  After some quality range time with this rig, there was nothing that I wanted to change and nothing that I wanted to have modified.

What more can be said.  Awesome design, awesome craftmanship, from an awesome individual.

Diz (U/W Gear) can be contacted at: [email protected]

1. In this picture what's causing the left side of the rig to be dragged down? Do you have more weight on that side or is it an adjustment thing?

2. Why do you run half your mags facing left and half facing right?

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have a version for those of us that run an "inferior weapons platform" ?
-AK47  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lookin' good USMC03.  

SOTech makes some fine kit but there are those among us that are lean, mean, fighting machines and don't fit that 90 percentile.  The problem with the "Hellcat/Tomcat/Falcon" designs is that with 6 mags and 3 more slots on the sides, you are rapidly running out of waistline.  If you are lucky enough to have anywhere near a 30" waist, these rigs can be a bit much, especially with hydro pouch.  

You'll notice on the USMC03 rig that we did away with the side slots so you can get a more snug fit.  For a field expedient, you could rig slotted SR buckles into the side PALS webbing of the SOTech rigs to get a snug fit.  On some guys you could prolly do this without webbing in between!  If you ran two of them it would probably even stay shut.

The USMC03 rig runs $175.00.

Hey Diz - Got a phone number I can call?  Feel free to IM.

Z
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#10]
That is some beautiful gear, USMC03 and Diz! Great job! I can see the great workmanship in the stitching and attention to detail, Diz. I like the leather "patch" for shouldering the weapon--something too many people don't think about.

I see a lot of people posting their gear with no explanation of where it came from or anything else. I'm an old ALICE gear guy, still trying to figger out all this new-fangled rigamarole! So thanks for the in-depth write-up, USMC03.

That's the bomb!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I didnt realize you were on this board DIZ, nice work. Did you post your work at DIY?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Just a thought here, looking at you reloading and your statement about short arms etc. What if you turned the 2 center mags on your right side 90 degrees, wouldn't that make your reload with those easier? Also those 2 mags would be easy to grab from under a covering garment. That would leave the last 1 on that side incase you had to grab a mag with your right hand.

When I get some extra money I think I'm going to have a 2 mag shingle made with the PALS webbing rotated 90* and play with this idea.

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. In this picture what's causing the left side of the rig to be dragged down? Do you have more weight on that side or is it an adjustment thing?

2. Why do you run half your mags facing left and half facing right?

1)  I just came off the line when the pics were taken, so some of the mags were full others were empty.  I pulled mags out of my dump pouch and put them in the mag pouches for the pics.

2)  I'm right hand dominate.  I don't have long arms.  Thus when I have to reach across my body, to the right side, I grab the mags differently than I grab the mags on my support side (ergonomics....straight draw vs. cross draw).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top