User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2008 9:45:55 AM EDT
Check it out folks!

Better late than never I guess.

www.bdu.com/apcu.html?gclid=CM6NxZPP3ZICFQFqlgodMGqD-w
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
dude. $254 for a pair of multicam bottoms? seriously? htfn that's 2.5 times the price of the original crye stuff....
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
dude. $254 for a pair of multicam bottoms? seriously? htfn that's 2.5 times the price of the original crye stuff....

This gets the ROFLcopter!

Seriously?  $254???
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This gets the ROFLcopter!

members.cox.net/pimpbot9000/roflcopter.gif

Seriously?  $254???

I see your roflcopter,
And raise you.

CXS
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
damnit dude. check your email.... j/k. just whenever you get a chance.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are not your basic uniform trousers...

The APCU Level V MultiCam is made of 4-Way stretch Tweave with Shoeller Nanosphere. It's breathable, moisture-wicking material that is water and wind-resistant.

Yes, I do work for Propper and this sounds like an ad, but this isn't a simple BDU top and bottom. It has many features you won't find anywhere else. If you saw this thing up close, you'd know why it's a higher-priced item.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
yes - but unfortunately when framed through the perspective of a average person here, WITHOUT prior knowledge of materials, and application, it is a seemingly inordinate amount to pay.

But then again, if it is too much for your respective application then dont bitch, its not like someone is MAKING you pay for it.

too much?  then move on, it is just that simple
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah, did you guys even read what the hell it was or just knee-jerk to the price ( which I posted back in Nov )

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I just wanted to 1up his Roflcopter..
I know how much things cost, and reasons why..

CXS

troll
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats cool looking and all, but please in all honesty explain to me the benefit  (other than ease of cleaning that Nanoshpere offers)that this garment offers over any other level 5 layer for around $100-$199.00?  Just curious, $250 beans is not outragous for an outerwear garment, but it seems a bit high for this type.  I would'nt rule it out if it does something above and beyond the traditional softshell.
Scott
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The APCU Level V MultiCam is made of 4-Way stretch Tweave with Shoeller Nanosphere. It's breathable, moisture-wicking material that is water and wind-resistant.

Yes, I do work for Propper and this sounds like an ad, but this isn't a simple BDU top and bottom. It has many features you won't find anywhere else. If you saw this thing up close, you'd know why it's a higher-priced item.

For $250 those pants better get me into every club in the City without having to wait in line!
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:38:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

so what is your sales volume on those kinds of products? considering your average working joe will see the price tag and keep moving, i'd say that you pretty much only cater to the yuppies. in today and tomorrow's economy, you might want to reconsider your pricing strategies.

I might be wrong, but i don't see a huge market for a $250 pair of specialized pants. Multicam is really only good for four niche's of people: Hunters, airsofters, gear whores, and civilian contractors (be they security forces or whatever). It isn't authorized garb for the military and i don't see any PD's buying it up like it's going out of style. hell most pd's are just now getting authorization for military style ACU....

why cater to the elite few, when you could cater to everyone and increase your sales volume. I can promise you you'll make more money on a lower priced item in bulk than you will on one or two high priced sales.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]
you know you guys can just use your 'free' $600 from the gub ment

funny how when the Tru-spec Multicam parka came out, there was a lot of "Oh I'll wait for the one from Propper"  now they are still not happy

I'll get one, cause you know I'm just a dirty (gear) whore
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't understand why you guys are bitching. When Multicam came out, it was hard as hell to get gear in MC from custom makers, and no one was making production MC clothing. Now we have several different options, from the low to the high end. This is a good thing, even if it's more than you are willing to pay.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so what is your sales volume on those kinds of products? considering your average working joe will see the price tag and keep moving, i'd say that you pretty much only cater to the yuppies. in today and tomorrow's economy, you might want to reconsider your pricing strategies.

I might be wrong, but i don't see a huge market for a $250 pair of specialized pants. Multicam is really only good for four niche's of people: Hunters, airsofters, gear whores, and civilian contractors (be they security forces or whatever). It isn't authorized garb for the military and i don't see any PD's buying it up like it's going out of style. hell most pd's are just now getting authorization for military style ACU....

why cater to the elite few, when you could cater to everyone and increase your sales volume. I can promise you you'll make more money on a lower priced item in bulk than you will on one or two high priced sales.

Did you just give Propper business advice? lol   If $250 pants weren't profitable, they wouldn't be selling them.  You may be a cheapskate and prefer to wear pvc rain pants that make you more drenched in sweat than rain, thats your deal.  But I'll pay money for properly engineered clothing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#17]
There are several reasons why this is a higher-priced item.

- The cost of top-quality materials
- The cost of producing it (labor)
- The cost of using special equipment for certain features like welded pockets
- MultiCam licensing fees
- Adventure Tech licensing fees

Yes, it is expensive and not everyone can afford it but this is part of a 7-layer system designed by a former special ops guy that designs Adventure Tech products (recently acquired by Blackhawk, BTW) using the best materials. Also keep in mind that this is made in our own U.S. factories to be Berry-compliant so it's not made with $0.25/hour labor you find overseas.

If you're looking for just regular MultiCam, we do have very affordable price points for both BDU-cut ($39.99MSRP) and ACU-cut ($49.99MSRP) garments in MultiCam. Those are affordable to anyone out there.

This is a a specialized garment and it was designed to be so.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#18]
having a clue as a knowledgeable consumer is not necessarily a common trait.  

there is no need for justification, as you could spell out the reasons why something costs as much.  there will be those who refuse to learn, be content with technology states, or comment negatively about something they have no affiliation with.

for what it is, it is a fair price, and for those who require it, they will pay for it accordingly.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought the price was pretty damn fair.

I don't know too many companies making high end outerwear that don't charge over the $200.00 mark for a decent softshell.  I can't rember the last time I purchased any winter jacket that was below the $250.00 mark.

Be nice if it was all $10.00, but stuff will go for what the market will bear.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
There are several reasons why this is a higher-priced item.

- The cost of top-quality materials
- The cost of producing it (labor)
- The cost of using special equipment for certain features like welded pockets
- MultiCam licensing fees
- Adventure Tech licensing fees

Yes, it is expensive and not everyone can afford it but this is part of a 7-layer system designed by a former special ops guy that designs Adventure Tech products (recently acquired by Blackhawk, BTW) using the best materials. Also keep in mind that this is made in our own U.S. factories to be Berry-compliant so it's not made with $0.25/hour labor you find overseas.

If you're looking for just regular MultiCam, we do have very affordable price points for both BDU-cut ($39.99MSRP) and ACU-cut ($49.99MSRP) garments in MultiCam. Those are affordable to anyone out there.

This is a a specialized garment and it was designed to be so.

Worth every penny.  This gear will last.

I've purchased cheap in the past and had stuff destroyed basically after one season of wear so I've learned my lesson...guess some folks haven't yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top