Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2007 6:24:05 AM EDT
Right now I have nothing in the way of chest rig/plate carrier. Some day I do want to get plates and a carrier but that is not in the budget. I have read some posts here but I still have a some questions.

The chest rig I like is the Essential Tactical Boar chest rig from SKD Tactical. Looks to be well built. Or am I better off getting something cheaper from SKD, like the Eagle Universal Chest Rig, and save for some kind of plate carrier.

Is it OK to get a chest rig now and then down the road get a plate carrier? Is there any problems with using both a chest rig and plate carrier together? Am I better of getting a plate carrier and mag carriers and adding plates later?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#1]
have you read this complete forum end to end?  

if not you should... for your own benefit, as you will more than likely answer several of your own questions that may be queuing up in your head, as well as find answers to those you did not have questions for.

you have not specified what you are looking to do

weapon?
AO?
your physical size?
what is you level of understanding of equipment?
training goals?
budget?

to start
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
have you read this complete forum end to end?  

if not you should... for your own benefit, as you will more than likely answer several of your own questions that may be queuing up in your head, as well as find answers to those you did not have questions for.

+1  the best advice that NObody follows.

as much of a P.I.T.A it might be, read through every thing as many times things get off topic and cover other things. The thread of Flectarn vs Multicam on page two turns into a diccussion on plate carriers, and now there is the tacked thread on chest rigs that might answer some more questions  good luck with your quest
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top