Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 7:15:31 PM EDT
http://www.pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.487

Wow simply amazing little light. i love this thing, i have had it for about 3 months now and it has been on my gear and with me ever since it was given o me by a fellow nco as a early x mas gift. mne is tan and btw there are some great deals on them at ebay. i use it on a daily basis and it performs well above my expectations. i am an 11b and this light is ran hard and abused more than it should be it has been droped kicked and everything that you can imagin and it keeps on going.

It has a metal body, which is the perfect size to fit in your molle loops, hince the name. it has a clip that seciures it to what ever you want it too, ie belt, molle loop, whatever. the clip rotates so it can be postioned in anyway.

it takes one double a battery and they last quite a while, about 3 weeks of constant use normally. it puts out alot of light, but not to much it is nice to have something that shines but is a step down from the surefire lights i ow and use.

it has a red lens filter that screws into the buttcap, and when needed screws into the bezel for red lens work, the brightness is greatly reduced but works well for its intended use. under the red les filter is a compass that works ok if you unscrew it from the metal body and away from any radio equipment which is often hard to do. it isn't anything that i would use if my life depended on it but i is a neat little feature.

he light has a black button that is the on off constnt on switch. push it down and it comes on push it a little fartherthan on and it stays on which is another great feature, push it again and it goes off. the black button on mine has come off revealing a blue post theough the button is missing it still functions as stated above.

the only issue that i have had with it is that i dropedit n some of the powdery type sand and the light would not click in the constant on position, after about a day and 1/2 iguess all the sand worked its way out and it is back to normal again. i am very happy with it and the fact that it was a gift makes it that much better. it is worth every penny that it cost and i will definetly buy 1 or 2 more for the car my personal gear etc
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
nice write up  I have one and really like it.  good to know it will work 'in the shit'
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice review.  Looking to get one, so Thank You.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Great review.

I've got a Pentagon mounted to my AR; great alternative to a surefire when size isn't an issue I'd use a surefire when CCWing for its smaller size w/ compared to Pentagons of similar output).  I love this light.

And thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#4]
no problem glad i could help.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Good write up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top