Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 6:40:09 PM EDT
I'm wanting to buy a vest and am wondering if there is any advantage or disadvantages to getting a plate carrier vest with molle attachments?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#1]
do you want to run plates in your set up??

CXS
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
if your going to run rifle plates get a plate carrier, if your not get a chest rig or vest.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know for sure if i'll ever use plates but I like the idea of being able to if necessary.  Will I have any disadvantages to using a plate carrier without the plates?  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. The plate carrier will sag and not fit as intended without plates. See many of the reviews of the HSGI Wee/Wasatch that did not fit well when run without plates.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
SOME will sag. Not all.

Weesatch/Wasatch, very likely to yes.
Eagle Plate carrier, will not.
Tactical Tailor plate carrier, doesn't with me. I've not read any other reports one way or another.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know for sure if i'll ever use plates but I like the idea of being able to if necessary.  Will I have any disadvantages to using a plate carrier without the plates?  

You're easier to hit?

Was it a trick question?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#7]
i have a set of plates so you better believe that i am gonna have a plate carrier. i would suggest a plate carrier with plenty of molle attachment points if you want to run plates, if not then like they said just get a chest rig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top