Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 3:28:02 PM EDT
Hey Gents,

I recently took a Carbine course and realized something about single point slings; I really like them! That said, I want to find a single point sling (SPS) which I can hookup to my Eagle plate carrier. My main goal is to have a settup in which I can easily remove the sling from my plate carrier in addition to being able to switch to my support side if need be. Any thoughts on any specific sling or settup? Pics are always fun also! Thanks All!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Specter Gear single point MOUT slings on both my rifles, and the attachment point and spare buckle assembly on my 870.  It's plug and play, allowing you to change from long gun to long gun with a simple Fastex buckle.

I also like the fact that when released from my hands, the rifle hangs parallel to my support side, allowing EASY access to my sidearm.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
my troy industries  single point rocks
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Gear sector makes one that attaches to a vest/armor, i would check that out, i really like my ASP one from them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Rocky Mountain Tactical
https://www.rockymountaintactical.net/
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The contractor pack from Blue Force Gear includes a short strap that is designed to attach to a vest.  Check their web site and you might be able to buy it separetely.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Until the time you have to grab your gun w/o having your vest with you.  Then how do you sling up your weapon?

Been there, done that.

All my single point slings have a separate "body" to them so I can use with, or without, the rest of my gear.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried two different single point slings.  They are both sitting on my shelf.  Now I use the Troy/Viking two point sling.  This is a good great sling.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Until the time you have to grab your gun w/o having your vest with you.  Then how do you sling up your weapon?

Been there, done that.

All my single point slings have a separate "body" to them so I can use with, or without, the rest of my gear.

TimW
Phoenix

Thats another reason why i like the gear sector is that its plug and play both for the ASP and rig mounted one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on the specter gear mout sling. it doesnt have a metal attachment so theres no noise, the fastex buckle makes it nice to take off the weapon when getting in/out of vehicles, and the fact that it has its own sling makes it great when youre not wearing your gear, as well as being able to switch to your off hand (wall body weapon!)

i see alot of guys with the single points that attach to their flak vests on the shoulder, but theres no way to switch to your offside unless you disconnect your rifle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i see alot of guys with the single points that attach to their flak vests on the shoulder, but theres no way to switch to your offside unless you disconnect your rifle.

The few I ran like that were adjustable for length.  Hook it to your support side shoulder then shoot strong-hand.  If you have to transition or drop the weapon to get to your handgun, the weapon remains on your support side.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to run CQB SOlution MOUT slings on all my long guns.  After doing more and more training, I discovered they werent good for much more than transitioning shouolders for bilateral shooting. I then when to the VCAS sling and havent looked back. We are issued single points for our long guns at work and those have been replaced by the VCAS on the guns I run.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:51:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The few I ran like that were adjustable for length.  Hook it to your support side shoulder then shoot strong-hand.  If you have to transition or drop the weapon to get to your handgun, the weapon remains on your support side.

TimW
Phoenix

The ASP-V I have on my Wasatch is adjustable. Shoulder Transitions are simple. I Like the feel of the Rig mounted SPS more than a SPS wrapped around your upper torso without any gear on. With the rig mounted the rifle does stay on the strong side. I tend to slap myself in the jewels or knee when released going for pistol when i dont have gear on..

CXS
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:42:28 AM EDT
[#13]
For me 2 point is the way to go.I ditched my single point,it sucks to have your rifle bouncing around while your on the move with your secondary,also if I was kneeling or bending down the muzzle would go straight into the dirt.Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#14]
get a codpiece
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
For me 2 point is the way to go.I ditched my single point,it sucks to have your rifle bouncing around while your on the move with your secondary,also if I was kneeling or bending down the muzzle would go straight into the dirt.Just my 2 cents

Quoted:
I tried two different single point slings.  They are both sitting on my shelf.  Now I use the Troy/Viking two point sling.  This is a good great sling.

Like I said,...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Single point?

Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
get a codpiece

Thanks for the suggestion. You happen to make one?? Or have one in stock?

CXS
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Been there, done that.

TimW
Phoenix

I have a Fastek quick-release buckle, with an 18" leader of 1" nylon....one end is on the buttstock, one is on the shoulder harness of my vest.

If I need to detach the rifle, a simple press of the thumbs and it's off.

I also carry (in my thigh pocket) a a length of nylon strapping which has a QD attachment (mates to the one on the buttstock), and a front sight/sling attachment. If I need a sling, I pull it out and attach it to the rifle...when I don't need it, I disconnect it, put it away, and re-hook up to the vest attachment.

Only tactical disadvantage I can see (non-combat vet here) is that while it's attached to the vest, the rifle can't really be used for CQC; the sling would limit its range of motion. Other than that, its practical uses outweighs this one aspect.

(If I were involved in a situation where CQC might happen, I'd unhook the single point; the rifle would have a "tail" of about 6"-9" then)
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
get a codpiece

CXS

yes as a matter of fact, I do and have them too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#20]
My 2 cents.  Single point are only good for SBR or Sub guns.  If you have it on a 16 in. carbine it is not as functional due to the flopping of the rifle.  
It really is rough walking and shooting from your secondary (sidearm) with a 16 in carbine flopping around on a single point sling.  My problem was the barrel would get hung in my knee pads and bounce all over the place.  

However a sling is as personal as you can get.  What works for me will most likely not work for you.  Good luck.

Oh yeah I tried the sling attached to my body armor and I prefere being able to have more movement than it would allow.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
get a codpiece

CXS

yes as a matter of fact, I do and have them too.

I cant find it on the site lol..

CXS
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#22]
they are custom ordered
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude, egg can make anything.  Just ask.

I bet you can even get that codpiece in MARPAT or multicam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top