Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2007 4:30:49 AM EDT
Anyone have this?

I have a very nice timberline parka that does the trick but this 5.11 would be better for outdoor use.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 (tan and olive) it fits my purpose but it may not fit yours.  The piece of gear has to fit the task.  The only thing that I personally do not like is the coat has pit zips and the fleece does not.  As for all of the other design specs they are right on.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is one 5.11 almost same coat but in some blue/gray

www.lapolicegear.com/5ta3pacl.html
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here is one 5.11 almost same coat but in some blue/gray

www.lapolicegear.com/5ta3pacl.html

That is a great deal, thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one a while back. The quality of the fleece liner is not on par with the Peckham DSCP, Spears or even Cabelas clone fleece. The shell isnt bad, but not as nice as the ORC soft shell.

I think the Orc softshell and Peckam/USMC fleece combo is a better pice of gear for the price. lighter, warmer, more flexible, more packable. Even the Cabelas USMC fleece clone with a Redledge thunderlight parka is a better and much cheaper option.

I ended up using the 5.11 parka as a deer hunting jacket. its really bulky and heavy and not very warm for its weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top