Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2007 8:49:53 AM EDT
Are they a reputable company? I know...i sould have asked this question before i placed my order.

Anyway i placed an order for a bag 10-days ago and have not received it. I contacted them via their website asking if the order had shipped and have received no response. I got a little nervous when i saw how expensive their shipping rates were and that their webcart wouldnt accept my Discover card and had to use a different card, but i placed the order anyway. Now I'm wonderering are they just slow to ship and answer emails or are they cut from the Botach/RGuns/GPSS mold?

Someday i'll remember to ask before placing the order.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
They have solid MOLLE and belt-worn gear. I have ordered a few time from them before. They make a lot of stuff for USAF, so get it line. You have to call them or use their live help to check stock. Don't count on emails getting returned. They are more than willing to help in that sense. If it isn't in, their is no telling when they'll have it made and it can take months to get it. Kind of like Eagle.

I just ordered a plate carrier from them last week.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Diamondback Tactical is a reputable company, does, in fact, exist (several miles from me) and does actually ship orders.  That's the good news.

The bad news is that they service a LOT of orders, might not have what you ordered in stock and are in the middle of moving facilities.  I don't know if any/some/all of those factors may have played a part.

Why don't you pick up the phone and call them?  Their TOLL-FREE phone number is on their home page, for goodness sake.  Don't people know how to use the phone anymore? :)

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
E-mail replies take a long time..
Call and see if what you ordered is in stock..
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
E-mail replies take a long time..
Call and see if what you ordered is in stock..

They responded to my emails quickly.
But, they still allow you to place the order even if the item isn't in stock.  
This is 2007.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Always had good service from DBT. They always returned emails promptly and used their Live Help feature several times. A lot of their stuff in Multicam is often backordered, dont know what you ordered but that could be it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I just placed an order with them, but they notified me after the fact that the items are out of stock.  It would be nice in this day and age to have a website linked to your inventory as many do, but they responded quick and were very polite and canceled my order.

If you have time, you can email them, but a phone call is usually always quicker.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Great stuff, but don't order stuff you need tomorrow.  Only order stuff you need 3 months from now.  Seriously, they never have anything in stock, call before you order to make sure it is there.  Once you get it, you'll love it though!
Scott
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Been dealing with them off and on for a couple of years. I always use the same gal in customer service and haven't had a problem. I last placed an order was for 3 Patagonia jackets over the phone when they were half price, got a e-mail confirmation the same day and had the jackets in hand in about a week. I've heard others have had a mixed bag of experiences due to product not being in stock. That's why I prefer to place all my orders over the phone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck them.

They recently had a big sale.

I stopped by and saw they had soft armor dirt cheap so I called everyone I knew that might want some and then walked up to the counter with a huge arm load of the stuff.

So, are you a cop? - No

Are you .mil? - No

Sorry, no great deals for you.

BTW, don't bother checking their website for these deals, it was all oddball stuff from old products.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I placed an order a few months back.  A couple items showed up right away.  A couple more showed up a few weeks later.  The last item showed up about 3 months later.  I had also tried emailing them with no response.  As stated above, their items are often out of stock or back-ordered.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I placed an order a few months back.  A couple items showed up right away.  A couple more showed up a few weeks later.  The last item showed up about 3 months later.  I had also tried emailing them with no response.  As stated above, their items are often out of stock or back-ordered.

This pretty much describes every order I've ever had with them.  Some stuff from last year still hasn't shown up.

Not to impressed with DBT.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
DBT IS GOOD TO GO!  But really - call for availability first.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I do agree that their website should be updated if they are out of stock.  Since I'm local I call and do the "will call" pick up at their warehouse.  I did stop by the big sale they had and if you got there early (the first few days) they did have some deals.  One I  saw was the surfire 900/910 for (way under MAP).  They also had Tru-Spec ACU's for (under MAP) top or bottom.  Lots of armor if you were LE or Mil.

edit to remove price.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Well everything showed up eventually. They never did answer emails though. Good product, slow shipping and poor communication.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Fuck them.

I stopped by and saw they had soft armor dirt cheap so I called everyone I knew that might want some and then walked up to the counter with a huge arm load of the stuff.

So, are you a cop? - No

Are you .mil? - No

BTW, don't bother checking their website for these deals, it was all oddball stuff from old products.

private company. their "right", one that i actually support them for doing. .mil and .cop should be allowed discounts, especially when they will be in the field using the gear to keep them alive. I own a piece of dbt gear, and i'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fuck them.

So, are you a cop? - No

Are you .mil? - No

You too can get the great deal join the military or become a cop, go for it...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck them.

So, are you a cop? - No

Are you .mil? - No

private company. their "right", one that i actually support them for doing. .mil and .cop should be allowed discounts, especially when they will be in the field using the gear to keep them alive. I own a piece of dbt gear, and i'm very happy with it.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck them.

So, are you a cop? - No

Are you .mil? - No

It's not about the discount, they won't sell armor to civilians unless you are LE.

ALL BALLISTIC ITEMS ARE RESTRICTED TO MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL ONLY AND REQUIRE CREDENTIALS
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck them.

So, are you a cop? - No

Are you .mil? - No

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck them.

So, are you a cop? - No

Are you .mil? - No

It's not about the discount, they won't sell armor to civilians unless you are LE.

ALL BALLISTIC ITEMS ARE RESTRICTED TO MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL ONLY AND REQUIRE CREDENTIALS

I wear it daily and it sucks
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wear it daily and it sucks

This is why I wanted the cheap deal. I have needed and had to borrow armor and a helmet a few times for Shoothouse classes and an breaching class, so $150 was a great deal for somehting I don't need every day.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Almost no one will sell armor to mere serfs.

Practical Tactical and Bulletproofme.com do. Unfortunately they're just exceptions to the rule.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Almost no one will sell armor to mere serfs.

Botach does, and DBT is quickly gaining a rep for CS that's every bit as bad as the rep that they have.

Call Botach and check stock first, then buy all the armor you want. Still, they get smack talked and DBT get's praise. This makes no sense to me. Both have bad CS, but only one will sell armor to serfs, which one would you think should take hits here?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Did not know about botach and Practical tactical-thanks. I do still go---> about botac, I think I'll stick with TimW

Yes TimW is a prince, a prince that fantasizes about being treated like a woman by Jean Luc Picard, but still a prince.

I was just pointing out the strange hatred for a company with bad CS that will sell armor to non-LE civilians and the acceptance of a company with similarly bad CS that won't sell armor to non-LE civilians.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yes TimW is a prince, a prince that fantasizes about being treated like a woman by Jean Luc Picard, but still a prince.

WTH ?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTH ?

Mudbug is still just pissed that I dissed him when he got too rough with me.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTH ?

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTH ?

lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top