Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2007 6:24:30 AM EDT
The Airman's Battle Uniform which is variant of digital tiger stipe.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah its called ACU

and now the word from on high the rumint mill is that OD TAN DCU will be authorized to wear with the ABU

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The Foliage Green gear is the best non-camo stuff to buy for the ABU right now, as I believe that it is to be authorized with the ABU pattern long-term.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody have a source for foliage green gear, though?
Stuff in this color (that's not partially ACU) is hard to find.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
depends on what you are looking for
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#5]
There are a few sources for ABUs and/or accessories.

- Blackhawk and Safariland make holsters and mag carriers in Foliage Green.
- Diamondback Tactical was selling their SOF pack in the ABU pattern, and I've heard that they may offer other items.
- Tactical Tailor and Eagle sell quite a few items in Ranger Green, which looks like it would work well with the ABUs.
- Camelbak sells hydration carriers, packs, and ammo pouches in Foliage Green.

- Also, if you search the web, I'm sure you'll find several people selling imported gear in Foliage Green.  Just beware of the quality, or lack of it.

Here are a few links:
Camelbak
MAACS
US Patriot Store
Talon Arms (for Specter Gear pouches)
Eagle
Tactical Tailor

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember seeing something saying that the Air Force will use the ACU pattern for battle rattle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I remember seeing something saying that the Air Force will use the ACU pattern for battle rattle.

Official position on that was that ACU stuff was ok for now, since so many AF folks were already using it in theater presently.  

When I was deployed I remember seeing a group of about 20 Airmen wearing ACUs as they were assigned to Army units.  

I think these are the folks that they had in mind when they said that the ACU pattern gear would continue to be authorized for now.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, It is uthorized to wear ACU with ABU.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#9]
The rumor is that Starbucks is going to start making travel mugs in the ABU pattern.

I think there was some licensing issues with Samsonite.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The rumor is that Starbucks is going to start making travel mugs in the ABU pattern.

I think there was some licensing issues with Samsonite.  

SWEET!! i hope they make a bottle of Captain Morgan in ABU so i can carry it around and it will just blend in with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top