Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2007 8:13:01 PM EDT
Anybody have any reviews on this equipment?  I'm looking for a decent rig to take AK mags... not looking for reviews on a particular item, or anything, just an overall review of the product line in general.

www.russiancombatgear.com/index.php?cPath=29_43
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a chest rig from that company, the Pioneer m23.

It was interesting.... very purpose built. The utility pouches didn't hold anything too well, except maybe grenades, which I don't really have access too. Instead of drain holes they had big slits in the bottom corners of each pouch. So nothing too small would fit.
The magazine pouches were HUGE. You could EASILY keep two AK mags in it, with room to spare. If I had any 40-rounders, I have no doubt they'd fit as well.
The shoulder straps were this weird thick stiff webbing, very inflexible and didn't really like having a rifle butt pressed against them. The rifle wouldn't 'catch' and slip around.
Two (count 'em, two) sheaths built in to keep bayonets. They only fit the ones with fiberglass, not the rubber insulators.
It was ok, but really not for me. The pouches were of no use to me since you couldn't keep much in them. It went on a bit difficult, but came off very fast, go figure. It was fun to show people the tags with Cryllic on them, though.

Perhpas the zip-front vests would be more useful, as long as the pouches don't have that silly opening at the bottom...
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I was actually looking at the Tarzan line, but I don't know if I like the sound of those slits in the bottom of each pouch.  I've also been looking at an Eagle vest that they claim fits AK mags.

I was really wanting something eastern bloc, though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Polish gear is apparently top notch. I completely forget where it's available from, but its out there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
HSGI universal mag pouches to hold AK mags. or AR mags. or FAL mags. or whatever u can think of.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of integrally suppressed rifle is that in the banner? I've been wondering for awhile what that is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What kind of integrally suppressed rifle is that in the banner? I've been wondering for awhile what that is.

VSS Vintorez (SP?)

Firers a '9mm Long' cartridge, forgot the exact dimensions...
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
nice
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, VSS vintorez.

Info's here

I recall, years ago on Gunsnet, talking to some Russian bloke about that rifle. he couldn't/wouldn't divulge much info about the cartridge, and actually photochopped the ammo out of his pictures.

I imagine it's a 7.62x39mm case necked up to 9mm, and it is probably subsonic. (I base that entirely on nothing)
Anyone read Mandarin??
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys, I've used them in America's Army (The game) and always thought they seemed sweet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top