Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:49:34 PM EDT
i live in southern california...any recommendations?
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Bright PINK.

TG
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bright PINK.

TG

with a shade of sky blue.  With all jokes aside, camo is illegal in CA.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Fruit basket pattern.

You're kidding, right?  Camo is illegal?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]
One Californian seems to really like "Desert Tiger Stripe"

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=203886&page=12
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Crye multicam - it's amazing how it fits into all our color schemes out here: scrub brush (chaparral), desert, woodlands,...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bright PINK.

TG

Right
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
With all jokes aside, camo is illegal in CA.

Lookee here, paw, we'z got us uh newbie!

Camo is not illegal. Disguising your firearm as something other than a firearm, however, is illegal.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Everyone goes off on a tangent.

You have to blend in.  If you are going through a Mexican gang area, you have to be non-threatening.  If you are going through a white upper class area, you have to be non threatening.  There is no way that your facial features or skin color will be correct for all neighborhoods.  So, you have to dress in a non-threatening manner.  Cathart double knee pants and a work shirt.  In southern California, where I live, I carry different clothes in the car for just that reason.  

Use your head.

If you show up in combat cameo clothes are you threatening or non threatening?  If you want to do so, wear urban gray or something that matches the chapparal-and understand that if you wear gray urban in the chapparel, you will stand out.

Rather than repeat urban legends, cite me to the California Codes where it says precisely that wearing cameo is illegal or painting your firearm is illegal.  Mine are painted.  There is no true black in nature.  There are no straight lines or perfectly round circles (like the insides of lens caps).

There is nothing more ridiculous than to see private security guards dressing up as though they were ninjas.  However, it is with a purpose.  It is to warn people that they are security people.  So, I don't carry my combat boots in the car to wear around southern California when shtf.  I want to be inconspicuous.

What is more conspicuous to you AFTER shtf?  Choice one - a guy walking down the street in urban cameo.  Choice two- a guy walking down the street in UPS appearing work clothes.  Duh!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bright PINK.

TG

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I think just a dumb look on your face would be the best way to blend in.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
i live in southern california...any recommendations?
thanks in advance

Bill,
I also live in So Cal and have found that the best camo is the multicam pattern in most instances. The Marine Corps digital desert also works very well.

Tom
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think just a dumb look on your face would be the best way to blend in.

unfortunately I think this is probably the best answer...the truly sad part is I am not even joking...on a brighter note to stand out the most from my enviornment I am really leaning towards the marine desert digital...anyone else have a positive experience with these?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#13]
If you're interested in invading the People's Republic of Kalifornia, let me know... I'll see if I can get the day off.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Tie dye.

Also, make sure you smell like dope.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay, that's enough California bashing.   It was humorous at first, and I even laughed with you, but enough is enough.  

Crye multi-cam or digital desert are the answers to his question.

(tie dye, )

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#16]
They're just jealous of all those hot California chicks.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#17]
California is unique.  I can drive three hours and be everywhere from desert, to plains, to high moutains, to heavily forested woods.  That said, the two patterns that are probably sufficient for 99 percent of CA are multicam and temperate digital (Temperate MARPAT! )
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bright PINK.

TG

Im glad someone realized it was a joke.  

ETA:  shpell cheq
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top