Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 6:21:30 PM EDT
Will be ordering a new carrier very soon.

Can't decide between Coyote, OD, or black?  I'm leaning towards Coyote.

Will be for the western states.  Mix of conifer forest, hardwood/grasslands, open fields, and urban.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
well, fwiw, the military is going away from black as it is highly detectable with 3rd gen night vision devices.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay away from black. I would go tan or od. my stuff is tan and my extra set is woodland.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
PINK

It's flashy, and confuses Haj long enough so that you get that extra second
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
OD.  Something that you can get accessories easily.  

I love my mutlicam, but trying to get the right accessories is a pain.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mix of conifer forest, hardwood/grasslands, open fields, and urban.

Sounds like OD would fit best into all of those environments.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
od or coyote BROWN gear.  od is easier to find and match though.  bdus are cheaper.  you can have a khaki pair and an od pair to suit your ao.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm definately throwing in my vote for OD.  Here in the Southeast it's definately the most likely of the major colors to blend in.  Roll around in the mud with it and you really blend in.  Curious, is anybody doing MC pouches over tan or OD vests/carriers?

AKTactical
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
OD or Coyote/khaki, depending on the overall "tone" of your area.

Lots of folks are buying MC pouches over coyote and khaki.

It makes sense to do that because on most MC platforms you see a bunch of khaki or coyote webbing with some MC fabric in between!

After working with a lot of gear it ocurred to me that the much vaunted blending capabilities of multicam are somewhat obviated when you cover it with perfectly straight, contrasting colored material.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]
OD is my vote.

Seriously, don't overthink it.  Tomorrow, as soon as it gets light out, walk outside, and look around.  If you see mostly green, buy OD.  If you see mostly brown, buy khaki or coyote.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
OD.
It's the classic "tactical" color and it goes will with almost anything.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Go with coyote brown it's the new OD...

CB ROCKS
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#13]
To me OD or a medium brown would work well just about anywhere.  Black Water Gear's khaki looks very good in a catalog, similar to the WWII dark khaki.  Where I'm at tan just sticks out too much.  I haven't tried multicam yet.  MarPat knock offs work well here.  BorTac teams in AZ have good success with OD.  I know this is jumbled up, but that's how my mind is working right now.

TS
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd stick with the light browns (Coyote, Khaki,etc) and if needed you can always add the pouches/molle gear in O.D. or a shade darker brown if needed.

I would also ask to see a small color swatch from the company you are purchasing from (or see it in person) so you know thats what you are looking for. I've seen some variances the in shades from some of the "same" colors that come from different vendors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top