Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 9:59:39 AM EDT
Well, I can't decide what I want... a chest rig or a tac vest. What are the advantages and disadvanttages of both? Any help would be appreciated... thanks!

E
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the chest rigs myself

Comes down to the age old question

Chevy or Ford
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Well,I went with the tact vest.Here's why.
When I use a chest rig, it is very uncomfortable to use my rusksack at the same time.
With my tact vest,I can carry my mags and other gear much more comfortably.
The vest I chose was a copy of the South African M83.Good luck finding an original.
If you're looking for something(not to bug out with)to use at the range to lug extra mags,then go with the chest rig.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When I use a chest rig, it is very uncomfortable to use my rusksack at the same time.
The vest I chose was a copy of the South African M83.Good luck finding an original.
If you're looking for something(not to bug out with)to use at the range to lug extra mags,then go with the chest rig.

Who sells the M83 copies?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who sells the M83 copies?

Try a search on ebay.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you seen this...www.practicaltactical.net/-strse-62/Practical-Tactical-PT-dsh-03-MESA/Detail.bok

Military Morons did a review on this vest as well.

Looks very good.  I had it narrowed down to this and the Eagle Molle Tac Vest and went with the Eagle FWIW.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I found a M83 "clone" in one of the local surplus stores here. It fit good, but I just wasn't sure about the quality, so I didn't buy it ($45). I have decided to go with some sort of vest, its just hard to find one that fits me snug (I am pretty skinny and most tact vests are HUGE on me).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
erikd65.Check this out.vest
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I can carry my ruck while wearing my TT MAV chest rig if that matters. I prefer to have the mags up on my chest instead of on my stomach. Comfort is subjective though. I also like the modular setup.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
erikd65.Check this out.vest

broken link
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I can carry my ruck while wearing my TT MAV chest rig if that matters. I prefer to have the mags up on my chest instead of on my stomach. Comfort is subjective though. I also like the modular setup.

Carrying the ruck with the rig can be done.
It's when shouldering the weapon that I have a problem.
Too much harness in the way while wearing both.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carrying the ruck with the rig can be done.
It's when shouldering the weapon that I have a problem.
Too much harness in the way while wearing both.

True enough. I just collapse the stock on my AR, but I could see that being a problem with other rifles.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the responses so far, they have helped. I am pretty much aiming for a vest instead fo a chest rig. So many to choose from :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top