Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 1:07:46 AM EDT
How does this work, and how long a knife can you put in it with the sheath.  i need to find something like this.

ebay link to what i am talking about
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Not quite the same thing, but if you can find them, the Mollie two pack and USGI mollie riflemans kit comes with 2? kbar adapters that allow you to attach a sheathed knife to a mollie adapter.  I will see if I can find it and take a picture.
I have modified the way I carry mine, I just attach it infront of my safariland holster and tuck the bottom of the sheath in to the elastic leg strap.  It is simple and puts the knife right where I want it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not quite the same thing, but if you can find them, the Mollie two pack and USGI mollie riflemans kit comes with 2? kbar adapters that allow you to attach a sheathed knife to a mollie adapter.  I will see if I can find it and take a picture.
I have modified the way I carry mine, I just attach it infront of my safariland holster and tuck the bottom of the sheath in to the elastic leg strap.  It is simple and puts the knife right where I want it.

thanks i woudl appreciate that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]

This is the adapter, I only have one or I would offer to sell it to you for like 5 $...
The back reads
molle II
adapter, K bar
NSN 8465 01 465 2272
specialty defense systems
specialty plastic products

This is what it looks like from the front.

This is the velcro inside

This is with a kbar attached.

This is with the knife attached to the LBE

And just for comparison this is the back of the NEW USMC bayonette (sp)

and to show the new sheath holds other blades as well...

you could probably make your own with webbing, malice clips and velcro that works much better...

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:53:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got one. I like it quite a bit. It is basically an evelope with molle on both sides. The inside is lined with "hook" material. It comes with some "loop" material to stick to your knife sheath. The knife sheath is then slid into the "envelope" and secured by the hook and loop material.

When the sheath is in place it is near impossible to remove on accident and when the sheath is removed, it's like nothing is there. The whole set up is pretty clever.

Here are the only two pics I have right now. You can't really see the adapter but you can see how it can be used.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top