Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:21:44 PM EDT
I have been looking at plate carriers and similar equipment and noticed every dealer states that soft armor and plates sold to LE and Mil only-

Now we all know we can purchase this equipment if we look hard enough or deep enough but why is it so hard to protect oneself?

So I asked some folks I know (Leo) and none of them new of any law against buying them or owning/possessing them, only thing illegal they new of was committing a crime with one (ummm obviously).
So does anyone know of some Federal law or local state previsions banning sale or possession of hard/soft body armor?
Seems kind of strange to allow the sale of firearms for self defense when you cant easily purchase body armor for backup/worst case protection?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no Federal law against it, expect maybe against havinga  Felon own it.  

Mostly it is a "liability" issue as the armor sellers don't want to get nailed iwth a lawsuit by some sobbing soccer mom when her kid gets killed by someone wearing their armor.  

It is the same bullshit as night vision or assault weapons...many people think "civilians have no need of armor or night vision or assault weapons...what possible legitmate use could they have for it?"

www.bulletproofme.com is a good place that will sell armor to "lowly" civvies like us.  Also do a search for Kejo armor, or look at the tacked "armor" thread at the top of the page.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top