Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:04:56 AM EDT
Anybody using a molle belt for carbine class?

I want to get all the mags off my chest and on my belt. I have a 1 3/4 riggers belt but
it is uncomfortable with 3 M4 and 2 pistol mags and a pistol hanging from it. It also pulls my
pants down.

I'll make it even tougher...I don't want to use any sub loads on my legs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently started putting together a MOLLE belt setup.  I took it with me to a class two weeks ago, but ended up not using it or my chest rig.  I shot the whole class with a kydex belt holster, one BHI CQC pistol mag pouch, and a single Specter M16 mag pouch (flap tucked inside).  Extra ammo was in trouser pockets or on the ground back behind the line.  

That said:

Someone on ARFCOM, I think it was one of the Cav Arms guys, mentioned that the waist/kidney portion of the MOLLE II FLC (Fighting Load Carrier) could be removed and worn separately.  I came across one of the new Coyote MOLLE II FLCs and decided to give it a go:

L-R as you see it:  Eagle MOLLE FB M9 pistol mag pouch, CSM Gear improved (stowable) dump pouch, Safariland 6004 in Coyote.  

The metal ladder lock buckle in between the dumper and holster is there because the whole thing is upside down; normally it's on top to attach to the FLC's rear shoulder straps.   I set the FLC belt up upside-down because the seam at the bottom seemed to fit better, plus wouldn't roll over under the 6004.  I think I can pull out the center row of stitching and replace the padding with some thicker closed-cell foam.  Once I figure out the right spot, I'll pull out a column of stitching on the PALS webbing and route the 6004 drop through that.

The black Grim-locs come with the FLC; I'm not sure if it's for a specific purpose or just to attach stuff.

Since that picture I added another FB-M9 pouch.  I'm looking to get an FB-M4 pouch (same idea as the pistol, but for a rifle mag) or put a TT shingle on there.  I also replaced the metal buckle with a 1" SRB to attach a  GemTech TRL, and removed a column of stitching where the 6004 strap goes.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
A MOLLE belt may be a bit wide for you, considering you've got at least 3" (two on, one off) devoded to PALS webbing and another .5" or more after that.

Your instructors belt isn't really stiff enough for the job.
You may want to consider a 2" duty belt (Eagle, Uncle Mike's, etc.).
These are much thicker and stiffer and won't sag under the weight you're talking about.

Somebody here also posted a pic of a belt "sheath" that covers the back and sides.
You slide your duty belt into this and you get about 60% coverage and additional padding.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Somebody here also posted a pic of a belt "sheath" that covers the back and sides.
You slide your duty belt into this and you get about 60% coverage and additional padding.

Sjauch posted about the ICE Tactical MOLLE Battle Belt.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sjauch posted about the ICE Tactical MOLLE Battle Belt.  

That's it, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
From the pics below (taken from 10-8 forum), it looks as if Pat Rogers is running a Molle belt.   I'm starting to lean this way as I'm not really digging the chest rig set-up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top