Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 11:09:47 PM EDT
Hello everyone,
I am an avid buyer of TT and Specter gear, and I think both companies have great products and service. (at least in my experience) Emdom offers a couple of products that have caught my attention, however I don't know anyone that has their stuff. One of the reasons for my loyalty to TT and Specter is their gear is made stateside. US money-US jobs. I think the Emdom gear is made offshore. At any rate, any experiences?
Thanks Much
Bikeboy
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Emdom makes quality stuff.  The only problem is that most stuff is not in stock so expect it to be on back order for a few months.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]
It has been awhile... but I seem to remember reading something about Emdom's gear being made in Hong Kong by a company that supplies nylon goods to the H.K. police.  Supposedly they are very reputable and even though it is offshore, it is quality stuff.  Not sure this is still the case.

My experience has been 2 to 3 months lead time for some large utili shingles and they charged my credit card immediately upon ordering.   I finally received it and it has held up very vell.  No question it is very good quality.

Tim  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I do believe that it IS made in Hong Kong.  

I have a WL, and it's very nice.  Much better quality than Blackhawk--it's on par with TT and Eagle.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the 3" Wide Load accessory pouch for my Eagle A-III MOLLE.
This is a very well made pouch that I use for all my little tools and doo-dads.
Sometimes I wish I'd opted for the 6" deep version so I can carry more stuff.
I'd rate them as good as any of my other gear (HSGI, ESSTAC, Eagle, Blackhawk).
They seem to be a bit more innovative than some of the others, too.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm waiting for the small shingles and SUV pouches to be back in stock.  

I will agree about the innovation thing - they have stuff that you can't get anywhere else (like the shingles, for example).
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, Emdom is made in Hong Kong. Though, if you thinking of going with any of the products they make, they are definitley good to go. Excellent workmanship and very innovative. I got a couple strobe pouches and the B.O.M.B. Delivery took about 2 weeks. But they were both in stock so I have no Idea how long backordered items will take.  Ckeck out www.optactical.com they have lotsa emdom gear in stock.

Mike.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, Emdom is made in Hong Kong. Though, if you thinking of going with any of the products they make, they are definitley good to go. Excellent workmanship and very innovative. I got a couple strobe pouches and the B.O.M.B. Delivery took about 2 weeks. But they were both in stock so I have no Idea how long backordered items will take.  Ckeck out www.optactical.com they have lotsa emdom gear in stock.

Mike.

I don't think they actually have much if any of that stuff in stock.  I just emailed them and they said that it would be a couple more weeks before they had all of it.  I was looking for Multicam stuff, they might have more stuff in a more regular pattern/color.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an Endom BOMB and it is very well made, and performs the job very well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]

I placed a nice size order with them a few weeks ago.  Other than the confirmation e-mail, I have not gotten anything from them since.  Only time will tell...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm an idiot. It was Esstac gear I bought.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]
When yall ordered with them, did they bill your CC when they shipped?  Or was your CC billed and then LATER you got your gear?

I am thinking of placing an order to secure a # of items, but dont want to be billed and spend months wondering if I got ripped.  I say months, because I am after the new stuff in MC....

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When yall ordered with them, did they bill your CC when they shipped?  Or was your CC billed and then LATER you got your gear?

I am thinking of placing an order to secure a # of items, but dont want to be billed and spend months wondering if I got ripped.  I say months, because I am after the new stuff in MC....

Thanks

They billed the CC in my case.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I have two double M4 mag pouches and 2 pistol mag pouches... Each mag pouch is attached to the outside of the M4 pouch. Very nice stuff. Good quality IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:08:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Great gear, but I'm really starting to think they went out of business...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I got an email from them today.  He is/was out of country.  I just emailed to check status on some items, I am going to order later this week.  
FYI, I also called and left a message.
Took me 3 days to get an email.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:10:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Ordered two pouches in Jan, got them last week
I'll buy my stuff from TT or Eagles from now on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top