Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 3:34:00 PM EDT
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am having a hard time finding what I'm looking for...I need a small scout-type pack, preferably around 1000-1500 ci, but less than 2000.  I want shoulder straps, hydration bladder capability and it must be able to neatly and elegantly attach to/detach from a larger pack.

Essentially I'm going for the Kifaru Scout concept, only I'd like a water blader inside too.

I've looked all over and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.  The closest I've come is the Kifaru Scout (again, no bladder) or a MOLLE hydration bladder carrier which would require adding pouches, but doesn't have shoulder straps.  I suppose of worse comes to worse, I'll just do a little sewing of my own.

Anyway, anyone know of a small pack that fits these requirements?

Thank you very much for your time and help!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The Kifaru Scout IS bladder compatible: Kifaru Scout main page Kifaru Scout interior

Click the links underneath the main Scout picture at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, cool.  Great news!  Apparently I didn't click that view link so I missed that detail.  Sorry about that.    Thanks for pointing it out though, I appreciate it!  

Anyone know of any other packs that fit the bill too?

Thanks again, Guys!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What about the standard patrol pack issued with the MOLLE system? I'm not sure what the cubic volume is, but it has little fastex buckles straps at the top to attach it to other packs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What about the standard patrol pack issued with the MOLLE system? I'm not sure what the cubic volume is, but it has little fastex buckles straps at the top to attach it to other packs.

+1.  we used to just put the shoulder straps of the patrol pack over the ends of our foam pads and crankem.  but i prefer a big camelback type pack for missions.  what kind af pack are you tryint to attach it to?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at the Maxpedition Typhoon Pack 900ci, hydration pocket, single strap type with lots of molle attachment.  One main compartment and two smaller pockets on the back.  It also has a pistol mag type pouch and small zip pouch on the side.  Let me know if your interested I can give you a quote.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
If the Maxpedition gear works for you I would highly recommend it and CBTacMedic1. This stuff is bomb proof and built to last. I just purchased a Monsoon pack, cell phone pouch, and a cacoon pouch for my rifle case. All of the items are very well built. I purchased my items from CBTacMedic1. Great customer service! He is also the TEMS on my SWAT team (shameless plug).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the bump...This thread was off my radar!

How well does that Maxpedition work with a chest rig?

And whereabouts in Iowa are you guys from?  Thanks for the help, too.  I appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out www.maxpedition.com/menu.htm  You may see what you are looking for. Unfortunately I can't answer your question in regards to wearing it with a chest rig. Hopefully you find what suits your needs on their web page. I own several items from Blackhawk, Eagle, and Maxpedition. I would say the Maxpedition stuff is as good and/or slightly better in other areas. We're both from Council Bluffs, IA. You?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#9]

We're both from Council Bluffs, IA. You?

Complete opposite side of the state, just outside of Davenport.  I just passed through your neck of the woods not too long ago on a trip to Omaha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top